ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Battlefield 4

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
lol thats too long unfortunately

log into the battlefield battle log and add me as a friend (search for rhino16v), then i'll be able to add you to the squad. (put who you are on the friend request so i don't end up adding randoms

Will do.

1.8 Civic EX
done. it's "Scutch Wants Amazing T", looks like the name can be changed at any time though. Sent an invite to you scutch already as were already a user of the battlelog by the looks of things.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
Looks bloody amazing!

I noticed on battle log the other day that you can buy for current gen and upgrade to next gen for $10. I wonder how that will work? Maybe it's only if you buy the digital copy for the current console.

Evo 5 RS
I'm sure I read somewhere on twitter earlier that PS4 version is 720p upscaled to 1080 @ 60FPS. Seems even DICE are still struggling with the PS3 API. It's similar to the one for the PS3 apparently.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Well it's the BF4 Beta starting tomorrow, well for some of us that is. Be on this tomorrow straight after work, hope the install isn't that big?

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm... I'm not sure if Mantle is a good thing or not.

Link: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/amd-a...-radeon-cards-offering-9x-better-performance/

Personally I think it's not such a good thing and would be very surprised if it's adopted readily by developers. I'd be even more surprised if it didn't see opposition from Microsoft and Sony. Sure, AMD and GCN architecture may now be in the new consoles and high-end Radeon cards but why now go down the proprietary API route?! We don't need another Glide/3DFX situation and why be more console-like when consoles are arguably becoming more PC-like?!?!?

It will be interesting to see the differences in Battlefield 4 when Mantle becomes available and is enabled.

9x performance is mega bulls**t though!

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It's not showing up yet on the PSN, I'd expect to be released at midnight or early hours, does anyone know what time it gets released today, I also have PSN+ which I been told get early access to it like the Premium members.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Should be showing its a 7am release, I can't even get into ps store it's saying network unavailable.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I was in it ok at around 06:45 Liam. Probably to do with too many people going into the store. Was trying to download it this morning and ready to play when I get in after work

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Next Gen for me. Not bothering with current gen for this one. Will still be interesting to see thoughts on the beta.

BG Clio 182
Can't wait for this as im not going next gen for a while this will be getting bought on my PS3 until i make the jump to Ps4.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Only had 5 mins, but I like it. Movement is quite similar, few cool new features. Although in a vehicle I have no idea how to get out, hold R2 to bring up the commands list (which could take longer than normal if you are in a rush...) and select get out, but he doesn't actually leave.

Also, R2 to spot, select brings up battlelog, still kept hitting select :eek: lol. You also get a 'last man in squad' alert, kinda cool.

BG Clio 182
Only had 5 mins, but I like it. Movement is quite similar, few cool new features. Although in a vehicle I have no idea how to get out, hold R2 to bring up the commands list (which could take longer than normal if you are in a rush...) and select get out, but he doesn't actually leave.

Also, R2 to spot, select brings up battlelog, still kept hitting select :eek: lol. You also get a 'last man in squad' alert, kinda cool.

I was wondering what to press to spot, only had a breif play before i was disconnected. Seems pretty good so far.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Not sure if I was just getting lucky with my shooting but the lmg on top of the tank actually does kill infantry. Lol

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm... I'm not sure if Mantle is a good thing or not.

Link: http://www.dsogaming.com/news/amd-a...-radeon-cards-offering-9x-better-performance/

Personally I think it's not such a good thing and would be very surprised if it's adopted readily by developers. I'd be even more surprised if it didn't see opposition from Microsoft and Sony. Sure, AMD and GCN architecture may now be in the new consoles and high-end Radeon cards but why now go down the proprietary API route?! We don't need another Glide/3DFX situation and why be more console-like when consoles are arguably becoming more PC-like?!?!?

It will be interesting to see the differences in Battlefield 4 when Mantle becomes available and is enabled.

9x performance is mega bulls**t though!

***shudder!*** :cool:

You could add PowerVR too....... maybe even Matrox? I had the latter - but did anyone buy a PowerVR card? ;)

D.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I've just had an email saying the beta is available. Hopefully I'll manage to get on when I'm home and get it downloaded while I'm out tonight.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
***shudder!*** :cool:

You could add PowerVR too....... maybe even Matrox? I had the latter - but did anyone buy a PowerVR card? ;)

D.
Yes indeed, mate! As you probably can guess, I had pretty much the lot at one time or another. :eek: It all started with a Diamond Edge 3D many years ago...

I bought the first PowerVR solution (and the second version) and, wow, what a pain in the ass it was to set up. The hours I spent fuming at it when it wouldn't work in conjunction with my 2D card. Still, the PowerVR tile rendering architecture was impressive and adopted by the awesome Dreamcast. PowerVR are quite big nowadays and their solutions are found in an awful lot of mobile devices, smarthphones, tablets, etc.

BG Clio 182
Can't seem to stay in any matches on the Ps3 beta i keep getting disconnected, very frustrating!!!

Changes to often
Finding it so awesome, running in preset ultra nice a smooth on pc :cool: the ipad app where you can change your load-out for spawning and get live feed of the battle is brilliant!

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The lifts are pretty funky! Will take me quite a while getting used to the range finder.....

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I still can't even download the beta at the moment.
Tried last night and was greeted with a system update, which afterwards, wouldn't let me sign in for a good hour, and when I did eventually get on, the PSN store kept crashing.

Tried again this morning, got on the store, found the beta for it to say it's unavailable at this time.

If I get no luck tonight, I'll just wait to get it on the ps4 I think.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Just got up and went in the store as Cro said still not there. I'll try again shortly