ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Aug 1, 2015] ClioSport Saturday 2015 (Blyton, Gainsborough)

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
Just a heads up for all you 'detailers' out there.

We will be awarding a best detailed car award amongst a host of other prizes for various other categories.

So make sure your pride and joy is looking sweet on the day!

I'm not sure I have time to book @Scrooge in for mine....pants.

How do cars that are on track all day get judged (not that I'm going for the detailed prize :smile:)

Much excitement, only a few weeks to go! Although I have a lot to sort on the car before then :(

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Much excitement, only a few weeks to go! Although I have a lot to sort on the car before then
Same here :( engine + gearbox oil change, plugs, tyres, camber bolts and alignment. Its my 30th next weekend so will doubt much will get done on it.

I'll get the oils changed first. If I don't get chance do the tyres, I'll just have to put up with them on track

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin

How do cars that are on track all day get judged (not that I'm going for the detailed prize :smile:)

Much excitement, only a few weeks to go! Although I have a lot to sort on the car before then 😧

A good point well made!

If anyone going on track wants to enter then they can park up with the other entrants once the track time finishes. I will leave the judging for the show and shine until last knockings.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
A good point well made!

If anyone going on track wants to enter then they can park up with the other entrants once the track time finishes. I will leave the judging for the show and shine until last knockings.

Ha! Mine will be there. Covered in s**t, dead flies and other peoples tyre debris. Standard post track day look. Is there a "used and abused" section in the competition 😂😂

Can't let you buffty boys have all the fun!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Much excitement, only a few weeks to go! Although I have a lot to sort on the car before then 😧

I can't wait to get my hands on it again dude!

I'd like to get mine buffed for the day but I'll not get time. A quick clean will suffice.

The 200 odd mile journey will make it filthy anyway!

Excited and nervous.... Last track day my PS pump failed.

If it breaks I'll just get drunk and deal with it in morning [emoji41]

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I'd like to get mine buffed for the day but I'll not get time. A quick clean will suffice.

The 200 odd mile journey will make it filthy anyway!

Excited and nervous.... Last track day my PS pump failed.

If it breaks I'll just get drunk and deal with it in morning [emoji41]

There will also be the added bonus of plenty of people about to help if something does go awry!

When I was getting quotes greenlight said it wasn't included but you pay 40 odd quid per event. Just call up and add it to policy for the day.
With brentacre now and they don't offer anything track wise.

PH2 172
It's the Outer Circuit Steve see here for map: #550

Dogs are a big no I'm afraid. The circuit is quite open in some places, so it would be to risky for both dog and drivers alike in case it broke free at some point.

And yes attendance is mandatory for all members, unless we get a doctors note / letter from your mum. :tongueclosed:
Thanks Nik,I just booked the afternoon session.I assume there was a spot available as entries & payment are still being accepted.

Reactions: Nik

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've got a small crack on my front windscreen, way over passenger side so not near the drivers eyeline. Whats Javelin's policy on stuff like this? Don't fancy coming all the way down to get told I'm not getting on track but it's such a small thing to have to pay out my windscreen excess for :(

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I've got a small crack on my front windscreen, way over passenger side so not near the drivers eyeline. Whats Javelin's policy on stuff like this? Don't fancy coming all the way down to get told I'm not getting on track but it's such a small thing to have to pay out my windscreen excess for 😧

I'd ring them to check, but I did Anglesey with them and mine has a large crack passenger side where the tax disc would be. They didn't say anything then. As long as it would MOT fine (which mine has and would) I can't see it being a problem tbh.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Just to give you all a heads up, there will not be any alcohol for sale at Blyton over the weekend. So if you're staying for the evening festivities don't forget to bring some booze or be prepared to pop out to get some during the day.

If you'd like to buy the admin (ie me) a drink, Lambs spiced rum will do the trick

:wink::cool::up::beers:

PH2 172
Only 3 afternoon track slots remaining!

Thanks for confirming I got in before it sold out.
I will have to sort out my bumpstops for this weekend,as the front tyres scuff the arch liners before they come into play when pushed.A secondary effect is that there is too much roll causing the rears to c**k a leg.

Attachments

• bedford-june15-235.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 23