ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[Aug 1, 2015] ClioSport Saturday 2015 (Blyton, Gainsborough)

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
So many people are gay for you atm, all I keep seeing is 'can't wait to get pissed with Daniel' 'finally going to see Daniel in action' and other similar queer sh*t, you're not that f*cking exciting, plus once they've met you they'll come to the same conclusion I have, Sam's way cooler than you.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
So many people are gay for you atm, all I keep seeing is 'can't wait to get pissed with Daniel' 'finally going to see Daniel in action' and other similar queer sh*t, you're not that f*cking exciting, plus once they've met you they'll come to the same conclusion I have, Sam's way cooler than you.

I'm a Daniel too....

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I'm just in it for the beer!

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
@Dan @Sunglasses_Ron Any news on how many tickets have been purchased? I'm sure the number of confirmed people at the top of the thread isn't up to date...

Approximately 200 tickets with numbers climbing as the day gets closer (and we usually do quite well on the day). And over 100 of them are camping, so the evening is going to be pretty awesome.

You're missing out if you aren't there!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm not exciting in real life. Correct.

Yes Sam Is much cooler than me.

But I can drink more than you. And him.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
That's true, but all you farmers were weaned on scrumpy so it's not surprising.

100 people camping!? This is going to be utter carnage, hiring out a venue with only the club in attendance and on site camping is definitely the format to stick to, is the massive marquee tent going to be there?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
I've just noticed how f**king far north this is. Ffs.

One of the reasons for the relatively northerly location was due to years of complaints from our Scottish members that CSS was always too southern and too far for them to come. As far as I know we only currently have 4 attendees so far from north of the border which is a bit disappointing I must admit. Get booking Scotland! lol

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
That's true, but all you farmers were weaned on scrumpy so it's not surprising.

100 people camping!? This is going to be utter carnage, hiring out a venue with only the club in attendance and on site camping is definitely the format to stick to, is the massive marquee tent going to be there?

Yep, we've got 2 large marquees to give us indoor seating and tables for 100 people, so should hopefully be a central focal point for people to gather, particularly in the evening.

This is my first CSS. Is it just CS members mainly making up numbers? If so, at 200 that's a lot! I was expecting 50~60. [emoji5]

Or is it a joint event with other clubs holding their own gatherings there too?

Nik

ClioSport Admin
  Clio Trophy #355
It's about 80% CS members with smaller groups of people from our invited guest clubs of Clio197/200.net, RSMegane and TurboRenault.co.uk and RenaultUK coming along

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I broke the part of me that can handle large amounts of booze in my 20's, i'm actually on my second week of not drinking due to being massively overweight, i've lost a good couple of pounds so far, but I might have to start up next week so I don't end up in casualty at CSS, then I think i'll quit until xmas to try and shift the extra three and a half stone i'm carrying.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I broke the part of me that can handle large amounts of booze in my 20's, i'm actually on my second week of not drinking due to being massively overweight, i've lost a good couple of pounds so far, but I might have to start up next week so I don't end up in casualty at CSS, then I think i'll quit until xmas to try and shift the extra three and a half stone i'm carrying.

If you're not updating your avatar with a new photo, you've not done it right iirc.......

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
I'll never be as hammered as I was in my avatar, i'd had no food all day, drank a sh*t load before anyone else was even tipsy, lost the ability to walk or stand up, fell in to Tony Hunters BBQ and had to go for a lie down to get my sh*t together, all before 7pm.

DaveDreads

ClioSport Club Member
My point still stands. You must try harder. Benchmarks are made to be beaten.....
I was still sat in Tony's garden at 4pm with his wife feeding me coffee and I still didn't feel right to drive when I f*cked off, took nearly a week to get over that hangover, if I tried to out do that piss up i'd still be at CSS on Monday morning.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I was still sat in Tony's garden at 4pm with his wife feeding me coffee and I still didn't feel right to drive when I f*cked off, took nearly a week to get over that hangover, if I tried to out do that piss up i'd still be at CSS on Monday morning.

I'm still not hearing a viable excuse if I'm honest Dave 😂

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
If anyone has a local shop that stocks Old Rosie cider then please let me know!

Nowhere down here or up north stocks it near me and it is pure rocket fuel but goes down well!

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy

Nowhere down here or up north stocks it near me and it is pure rocket fuel but goes down well!
Think they have some in lidl at the minute, I'll have a look in the next few days and pick you up a few bottles. I'm not touching that stuff though, I won't make it past 8pm if I have an Old Rosie.

Oh and I can see me and the Mrs falling out MASSIVELY whilst trying to put our tent up. I can see her being stabbed with a tent peg

Clio with a body kit

My local sells it but not in bottles. They have a keg in the cellar (unsure of the size) I can enquire if you'd like.
I won't be drinking it with you tho!!