ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you 19 with a RS?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I tried this and he is right my insurance went up £50 when I put in 4000 and went down when I put in 10000

PMSL. Surely the counter-argument to those figures is that you're on the road two-and-a-half times as long. Therefore, statistically you're more likely to be involved in an accident? Even when it's not your fault.

I'm sure I read somewhere in my policy that I got a £75 discount if I declared that the Moon was made of cheese. And I can only eat Heinz baked beans on a Tuesday evening, after 7pm. Or else my policy is invalid.

D.

MCS R56
PMSL. Surely the counter-argument to those figures is that you're on the road two-and-a-half times as long. Therefore, statistically you're more likely to be involved in an accident? Even when it's not your fault.

I'm sure I read somewhere in my policy that I got a £75 discount if I declared that the Moon was made of cheese. And I can only eat Heinz baked beans on a Tuesday evening, after 7pm. Or else my policy is invalid.

D.

Thank you.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Adrian flux asked me if they could base their quote on lower miles for a better rate when i advised them how many i did..Urgh, no.

Clio cup172

D.

Yes I thought it was a load of tosh aswell how can you be on to road twice as much and your policy go down yes your twice as likely to be involved in an accident so I had to try this and that's what the out come was strange I know :headno:

GT86, 335, Westfield
Yeah I am a student with a part time job, I have been saving up for a decent car now for about 1 and a half years. Just annoying that the only thing stopping me from getting one is rip-off insurance company's

Its all personal choice, but make sure you leave enough money for beer!

Nothing worse than not going out, even if you have a nice car.

Pedal power
It's a long shot I know but has anyone on here had any experience with a 1.8 Sri corsa? Seems to be a decent little car with group 9 insurance :p still going to be paying 2400 tho :(. So anyone with experience and how many miles do the engines last till they blow. Thanks!!!

GT86, 335, Westfield
All you need is a car with a good chassis, good tyres and good brakes. Do a track day and you will learn that power means nothing without the ability to use it.

I had great fun in a 1.2 clio with sticky tyres. Getting most out of a car is fun.

MX5?

Pedal power
All you need is a car with a good chassis, good tyres and good brakes. Do a track day and you will learn that power means nothing without the ability to use it.

I had great fun in a 1.2 clio with sticky tyres. Getting most out of a car is fun.

MX5?
Not a fan of the mx5 :p haha

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I tried this and he is right my insurance went up £50 when I put in 4000 and went down when I put in 10000

Right ok I'm lying. All insurance quotes are completely different, rendering this thread abit pointless. If you can't afford to insure a car, buy something you can afford to.

Edit: just read you're going to pay £2400 to insure a Corsa. Please book yourself in for a brain scan, to see if there is one there.

Pedal power
Right ok I'm lying. All insurance quotes are completely different, rendering this thread abit pointless. If you can't afford to insure a car, buy something you can afford to.

Edit: just read you're going to pay £2400 to insure a Corsa. Please book yourself in for a brain scan, to see if there is one there.
Well I'm paying 900 quid to be a named driver ATM on my mums 1.1c2! And I never even get to use it, insurance is just stupid prices at this age

Vectra
Corsa SRi? the SRi models are 1.4s and 1.8s and have you checked insurance with them? I think those are the more better spec ones so insurance might be high

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
A 1.2 Corsa Sxi is more expensive to insure than a 1.6 Astra because ballbags drive them like badmen! FACT!

Same reason my V6 TT is cheaper to insure than a 182/172. God I hate Corsas!

Pedal power
Going to go down and give it a proper look over tomorrow :p only thing putting me off is the image it will give me!

Vectra
I wouldn't waste your money mate, they under powered only come with 123bhp I'd be expecting a hell of a lot more if I was going to pay out £2400! Is that without mods?

Inferno 182
I really don't understand why on earth people would pay over £3k to insure a 182! i paid just short of £1400 age 18 with no NCD, if i'm honest i don't think its worth waiting 2 years of driving a car you dont like. if you can afford to drive a properly quick car buy one. If you can afford to insure a nippy car like a 182 do that, if you live in the north... walk.

Trophy #387
Sorry to bump the thread, I felt as this was an active topic and was the best place to post.

On December 5th I renewed my policy, my first full year policy with the Trophy. I am 19, with 2 years NCB. I was quoted £1450.08 and jumped at that price. This was with Elephant, and Admiral were willing to allow me that price on my multi-car policy.

However, as many of you will know... the EU gender directive came into force yesterday (male rates = female rates)... I was advised by my manager at work to search the internet for insurers who were pulling their male rates right down in line with the female rates (as opposed to female rates going up to meet male rates).

I went on Confused.com (owned by Admiral)... and ran my details through. It pulled out a quote of £891.46 with Elephant, and I jumped on the phone.

After a bit of effort I have managed to cancel my whole MultiCar policy, which was incepted on 05/12/2012, and set up a new policy (for my parents, too).

With a multi-car discount my premium is ... £801.79. My parents saved £59.28 in total too on their policies.

My advice... GO ON PRICE COMPARISON SITES, NOW. They are mental to insure me for that.

FiestaST(ex 172 Cup)
It's easy to say from your position to just wait, but I have been driving a 1.1 for almost 2 years now, got no idea how "boffey" got a quote for 3200

I had 4 years in a 1.2 Fiesta. Sorry, deal with it.

Sorry to bump the thread, I felt as this was an active topic and was the best place to post.

On December 5th I renewed my policy, my first full year policy with the Trophy. I am 19, with 2 years NCB. I was quoted £1450.08 and jumped at that price. This was with Elephant, and Admiral were willing to allow me that price on my multi-car policy.

However, as many of you will know... the EU gender directive came into force yesterday (male rates = female rates)... I was advised by my manager at work to search the internet for insurers who were pulling their male rates right down in line with the female rates (as opposed to female rates going up to meet male rates).

I went on Confused.com (owned by Admiral)... and ran my details through. It pulled out a quote of £891.46 with Elephant, and I jumped on the phone.

After a bit of effort I have managed to cancel my whole MultiCar policy, which was incepted on 05/12/2012, and set up a new policy (for my parents, too).

With a multi-car discount my premium is ... £801.79. My parents saved £59.28 in total too on their policies.

My advice... GO ON PRICE COMPARISON SITES, NOW. They are mental to insure me for that.

elephant ftw!

Clio 182
I am 19 and I picked my 182 a few months back an I'm paying £1380 to insure it with 1 year ncb with I didn't think was too bad considering I was paying £2200 on my 1.2
i did have to pay that £1380 in full tho

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
I find the quotes for 182s are strange. I can insure a BMW Z4M Coupe for £75 less than what I paid to insure my 182.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Oh yeah totally, statistics plays a big part. But surely the first basic decider in how much insurance is going to be, is the power of the car? Not too clued up on it but I'm sure that's the main factor.

Not complaining mind, lol.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Oh yeah totally, statistics plays a big part. But surely the first basic decider in how much insurance is going to be, is the power of the car? Not too clued up on it but I'm sure that's the main factor.

Not complaining mind, lol.

you would think so, i got insured on my mk1 focus rs day i turned 21 for £600 fully comp. insurance is mental

Cup, Lude & Z

One thing i have noticed with comparison sites is that if you retrieve old quotes for speed to edit a few details it still retains all old points even if you didnt need to declare.

As in the past i have retrieved an old quote so i could just change the cars details and update my points to get an £800 quote, compared to starting a fresh quote with a new email address, the same car came out at £250 cheaper.