ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you 19 with a RS?

Mine is £300 cheaper to put on a driveway instead of a locked garage and to live 2 miles away (my next local town) my insurance goes up £431

I found this, my mate lives in the next village and it cost him £600 more a year to insure his car. Both ph1s, same NCB, same age, same insurance company. Its silly really.

TTRS & V50
My RS at 19 was 1.2k IIRC fully comp. 20 was 1k, 21 was 800, 22 was 750 and 23 was 680.

Some people just don't know how to get insurance quotes TBH.

RenaultSport 182FF
Im 19 and just bought a 182 in october, managed to get a quote of £1200 with 1years ncb.... plus with all of the stuff going on with girls insurance coming upto what the lads pay, it has been confirmed that after christmas it will be even cheaper for us.

You might want to look into road hawks to monitor accidents, so not as bad as the black box... Iv'e just informed my insurance company, only a few at the moment are warranting these but has put insurance down to £980 (third party f&f)
It does cost about £200 to put in but it still makes you better off :)

Hope this helps!!!

120d M Sport
I'm about as clean a driver as you can be, 21, 4 years experience, 3 years no claims, no points, no claims, still pay four figures for my 172 (£1100)

Fabia VRS & Yeti
Try 31 and my insurance has only just got down to what I consider reasonable if such a word can be applied.

Pedal power
This is just gay, I would "happily" pay 2k for insurance but can't get nowhere near that sort of quote, going to give brentacre a call tomorrow and see what they can do :p

Never above 25mpg
When I was 19 I had a 172 cant remember insurance but roughly £1400 TPFT.

As you're in Liverpool I can imagine postcode areas not so good unless you've got high fences and a tracker on the car?

Pedal power
Tbf I live in a nice little town on a nice state parked on a drive, little crime if any and never heard of any of my mates cars being broken into or anything

Just because you haven't heard of any crimes, doesn't mean there isn't any!! the fact you live within a Liverpool post code will bump your insurance up. I'm at the advantage that my post code is probably one of the lowest in the UK. Iirc the last crime that was committed here the criminal was put in the stocks for a week.

clio 197, 1992 mini
my post code is great live on the isle of wight so if somone does steal a car which never really hapens they cant get anywhere as they are surrounded by water lol so would have to wait for a ferry ;)

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
If you want a quick car young, why not do what I did? I couldn't afford to insure a Clio, so I bought a Fiesta ST. 3 groups lower makes a big big difference. That's only if you can't wait to get is something quicker (I'm impatient to the max).

Pedal power
Never really thought of an ST tbh, but my postcode starts with CH64. I live in the middle of Liverpool, Manchester and Chester :(

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Sense and probably where the ST is aimed, younger drivers.

Indeed, it's plenty quick enough and looks decent too, much nicer interior than a Clio. Sacrificing speed and handling, all else the ST is a better car. Depends what you want from a car I suppose.

Personally, I'm still going to buy a Clio next year though ;)

Pedal power
I can just about afford to insure a ST! :) but do they actually do 0-60 in 8 seconds from stock tho :s? Thanks!

Trophy #387
Fiesta ST's are very quick cars, they feel very quick too. Not far off of a 182.

My mate paid £4800 to insure 1 last year at the age of 19. Probably not that much better than a 182, and everyone here (no surprises here) will tell you a 182 is worth the wait.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
Fiesta ST's are very quick cars, they feel very quick too. Not far off of a 182.

My mate paid £4800 to insure 1 last year at the age of 19. Probably not that much better than a 182, and everyone here (no surprises here) will tell you a 182 is worth the wait.

Wouldn't say they were 'very quick'.

I don't even class 182s are 'very quick'.

RB 182 + Cup pack
i got mine when i was 20 and it was 3600. They wanted 2800 for a 1.2 Mk2 clio or a 1L corsa. Bad postcode

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
makes no sence where i live, have to pay almost 3K no matter the car. i dident have any NCB and i had a crash on my record (wasent my fault but im told it still puts it up)

Yeah usually any claims do.

Fair enough if the prices for most cars are the same, may as well roll around in something decent.

RB 182 + Cup pack
Yeah usually any claims do.

Fair enough if the prices for most cars are the same, may as well roll around in something decent.

Exactly, for 800 extra might as well get a car i can enjoy. Im hoping that now im 21 and will have a years NCB next year will be better. Bit s**t tho i work on oil rigs so im never in the country and only managed 3000 miles this year lol

RB 182 + Cup pack
You tried a quote through Greenlight or sky on here?

yer tried everything haa. i ended up going with admiral on a multi car, my brother just got his first car a fiesta zetec s so his wasnt cheep and hes 18 so we both went on that and saved a fair bit

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
They're nippy cars, but many modern diesels would tear them a new arsehole once moving. And I wouldn't call an A3 1.9 Tdi 'very quick', lol.

Pedal power
I haven't tried sky or green light yet but I doubt they will quote me over 3k cheaper than what I'm being quoted in a min, I'm sure driving a 1l for 2years that a clio will feel fast to me

BG 182
Payed 1450 at 20. Worth every penny for the grin driving it home. This grin was short lived after getting a lift in an rs4 *insert clarkson comparative analogy here*

Trophy #387
To be honest, your best bet is just to use the 4 main aggregator sites (GoCompare, CompareTheMarket, Confused & MoneySupermarket and just run the same details through each of them and you might just get a cheaper quote. I put mine through them on Friday and I got prices from the same insurers (notably Admiral) ranging from £1450 to £2500 - with their website quoting somewhere in the middle.

If you can't find a cheap quote their then you really are unlikely to find a cheap quote anywhere.