ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you 19 with a RS?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I paid £1000 to insure an R53 MCS at 20
£800 to insure an modded 182 at 21
£500 to insure my R56 MCS at 22 now.

I just pick the cheapest one off comparison websites aswell. Don't spend that much on insurance. It really isn't worth it mate.

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
Screw power, it's style that'll get the b*tches wet,
as long as you've got a 5k budget.

1.5L and tax exempt. :cool:

media

media

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../radius/1500/postcode/cv67hl/page/1?logcode=p

Trophy #387
Im 19 and my insurance is £850 :)

Would you mind PMing me with the company you're insured with? My renewal is on 6th December and Admiral have quoted me £1900 for my renewal on the Trophy, which is very expensive as 2 months ago I was getting quotes of £1800 not including the MultiCar discount.

I also happen to work for an Insurance Company and would be interested to know who is insuring a 19 year old for £850 on a RenaultSport.

R56 JCW
These people with sub 1k£ insurance are clearly fronting...

I'd have thought so too! I'm 20 with only the 1 yrs NCB. I pay a lot. just over 2k, but im not complaining as I like driving the damn thing! still live at home, its the only expense I have. May as well get it whilst were young and able to, rather than wait, save and be boring :rasp:

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Yeah clearly, good one.

2 years NCB, 2 female NAMED drivers, good postcode.

I have 2 years NCB, I am 21 (I was 20 at the time of the quote) got 1 female named driver and a very good postcode, still comes to 1.8k and that's cheaper than comparison sites.

Pedal power
I tries to see what I would be quoted if I fronted my dad, (just to see how much don't go mad) and It came to more than me on my own policy :s

Renault Clio RS182
I don't get the whole postcode lottery thing. I live in a nice area with very little/no car crime (local police publish the records) and the postcode here is ranked as high risk :nono: time to move by the looks of some of the quotes on here!

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Just did a quote and it came up as £752.
And again mods declared, £1154 not bad!

Trophy #387
I don't get the whole postcode lottery thing. I live in a nice area with very little/no car crime (local police publish the records) and the postcode here is ranked as high risk :nono: time to move by the looks of some of the quotes on here!

It's Wakefield mate, everywhere up North is high... South is much better, anywhere in the South.

Oh and for all of your information... Fronting doesn't work anymore.

Trophy #387
what do you mean by that?

Insurance companies rate very highly on where you live. I work for one, I know exactly what the difference is between living where I do (Surrey) and living in other places. We don't even insure anyone in Central Manchester or Central Liverpool (or most large northern cities) as they just don't perform well due to policy fraud, high claim frequency and high personal injury claims.

A premium could fluctuate by hundreds, even thousands, based on where you live.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I paid £250 at 19 for a 172
£300 for a Megane 225 at 21
£250 for 182 at 22

;)

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Daft thread. Completely pointless all comparing quotes with each other as you each individually bring a different risk to the insurer.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
I know look at my prices ffs ;)

i would never spend over £1000. Om insurance id rather drive a s**t box

Haha I've told you add me to yours ill pay ;)

Passed back in 08, never paid over £1k and i refuse to anytime soon.

But yeah pointless comparing, i could literally move 100 yards up the road and my insurance is another few hundred quid.

This one ^ (someday)
I bought my 182 when I was 18 and had been driving 1 year.

Luckily I could put it on the fleet insurance that covers my dad's cars and work vans so was sorted in that respect, that combined with my undeniable sheer talent and flamboyant to the point of unique driving style (read: luck) and i survived owning the 182 for a year and am now in an MX-5!

Cerrone

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
  RB Clio 182
I was 19 wen I got mine, £2069 a year. I live I wr9 which is good!!

Pedal power
Daft thread. Completely pointless all comparing quotes with each other as you each individually bring a different risk to the insurer.
Don't be a goth Luke, I wanted to see how much people are paying at the age of 19, how is that pointless?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Don't be a goth Luke, I wanted to see how much people are paying at the age of 19, how is that pointless?

Because you live in Liverpool.

Someone who lives on the IOW will pay a different amount. As will someone in Devon.

As will someone who has 2 years experience as opposed to someone with 1.

Too many variables to make this a worthwhile exercise.