ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are you 19 with a RS?

Pedal power
Hello! just turned 19 hoping to get insured on a sport BUT the quotes I'm getting are still around 5k cheapest! So was wondering if anybody is 19 and are insured on a sport and how much they are paying with 1 or 2 ncb. OR if anyone has any little tricks to get insurance down :p thanks!

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
If I were to get a 182 now, I'd be paying £2000 a year to insure it, because I've been driving for a year.

Just keep running a 1.2 for now.

It's always better to gain some experience in a less powerful car for obvious reasons, like the above posts stick with the 1.2 for the moment and one day you will have the privilege of some powaaa!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
I paid £1800 I think for my 182 when I was 19. Speaking from experience I don't think i'd do it again.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the car and I don't regret doing it one bit, but I wish i'd have saved my money and got one a bit later on.

I'll always remember driving it home. Coming straight from a 1.2 16v Clio dynamique, it felt like the millenium falcon when gave it a boot full.

Pedal power
It's easy to say from your position to just wait, but I have been driving a 1.1 for almost 2 years now, got no idea how "boffey" got a quote for 3200

MCS R56
There is something wrong with the person who forks out over £2000 to insure a Clio. The only reason you'd pay silly money at that age is to be faster than your mates and that'll end in tears.

It's easy to say from your position to just wait, but I have been driving a 1.1 for almost 2 years now, got no idea how "boffey" got a quote for 3200

At your age, my insurance on a 1.1 C2 was £500. Cheapest I got it was £245 at the age of 23.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
I was 19 when i got my 1st RS clio. 3 points (ms30) :( 2k! Would been circa 1400/1500 with no points.

RS6 C7
I'm 20 and have 2 but neither are currently insured until my no claims comes through in a couple of weeks. Should cost me £800 for the Trophy and the 172 will most likely stay sorn for a while longer. I insured the Trophy for a week to see if i liked it or not lol.

For some reason the price to insure my A3 is more than the clio which is odd, Might trade it in once the insurance runs out in December. Not sure what the replacement would be though.

If i were you i wouldn't pay 5k to insure an RS, They just arn't worth it.

BG FF 182
6 years no claims & my 182 fully comp is only £400 a year... Experience pays off! Cost me £1050 when I first got it! Being 25 helps though! Lol!

DaveDreads

aka Philomena Cunk aka Barry Shitpeas
ClioSport Club Member
If I was 19 and had to get myself rolling, i'd be getting an old Mini with a 1275 engine,
it looks cool, it's quick(ish) and it's easier to insure as it's under 1.3L.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Nope, I'm 21

stick with the 1.2/1.4, I wanted a 1*2 so much but I can honestly say I'd have killed myself if I got one earlier.

Is it the power or the looks you want? If its the looks just make a rep :)

Pedal power
I like the idea of a mini but couldn't see myself in one tbh, and no way am I paying 5k for insurance! Anyone know any decent car that I could possible get a quote for under 3k ish?

RS6 C7
I like the idea of a mini but couldn't see myself in one tbh, and no way am I paying 5k for insurance! Anyone know any decent car that I could possible get a quote for under 3k ish?
I had a 1.6 clio, Really really nice engine and feels pretty quick.

Pacman.

ClioSport Club Member
  Did have a R27
So basically you want a powerful car at 19.
This can only end well!

Mate there is no rush to get a powerful car at your age!
Most of us on here started off with 1.1 and 1.2 and drove them for a good couple of years first.
The insurance is not the only thing to consider when upgrading to a more powerful car as well.
Fuel, Tyres, Tax and Service can all be expensive too on faster cars.

I would carry on for at least another couple of years perhaps upgrade to a 1.4 or 1.6.
Keep your insurance low and build up the no claims.

Then when into your mid 20's go for it.