ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple event - 9th September

Cayman S Edition 1
Ordered my wife a Rose Gold 64gb 6S for her birthday in a couple of weeks, but estimated delivery is early October:(

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Just rang EE to be told 'since you've been with us so long, we'll make sure to give you the best deal'

To then be put through to their upgrade dept and given the same offer that's on their website.

It does look like the going rate will be £47ish pm no matter whether I go with ee outright or finance an apple phone and get a sim only contract.

Ah well

Just rang EE to be told 'since you've been with us so long, we'll make sure to give you the best deal'

To then be put through to their upgrade dept and given the same offer that's on their website.

It does look like the going rate will be £47ish pm no matter whether I go with ee outright or finance an apple phone and get a sim only contract.

Ah well

Sim only FTW!

At least you can then change (if its a rolling 30 day). Been on GiffGaff for ~2 years now, doubt I'd go back to contract.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Any ideas when apple 0% will be back on? Its normally Christmas time but not sure exactly when it starts.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio

Ah well

I cancelled my EE contract yesterday, they phoned me back today offering some deals around the £40 mark (6s 64GB) or the option of some much better sim only deals.

Edit: Basically the deal that Goodj got

Audi S1
I ended up cancelling my EE SIM only and moving over to Vodafone.
EE - 10GB Data, unlimited everything else - £22.99
Vodafone - 20GB data, unlimited everything else - £27.70 plus Spotify (which I currently pay £9.99 for) went via Quidco too - £60 cashback.
So that's £12.21 a month plus 64GB iPhone 6S (£619) I don't think I could have got a better deal. EE did try, though.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Installed iOS 9 this morning. Aside from Notes adding more features and the apparent improved battery life there isn't much else that I can see that has affected my iPhone for the better. Plus the fact that it was only a 1gb install this time round.

All I want is for Apple to remove some of their generic apps. Stocks? Who ever uses it? I bet that those who do want to check stocks on their phone use a third party app anyway. Why have they forced the Watch app on my phone? Surely if I want to buy an Apple Watch then I will download the app. Likewise with iBooks, Podcasts - I will download the app if I want to use it. Hell, why do we need a reminders app? You can set reminders up in your calendar anyway. Facetime? You can use your normal phonebook for that but just select Facetime call. Voice Memos? Health? Tips?! Pffft. I wonder how much space that may save on iOS installs and my phone memory? (pauper 16gb 5S). At least News Stand has gone, although it will be returning as News in a future update.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Installed iOS 9 this morning. Aside from Notes adding more features and the apparent improved battery life there isn't much else that I can see that has affected my iPhone for the better. Plus the fact that it was only a 1gb install this time round.

All I want is for Apple to remove some of their generic apps. Stocks? Who ever uses it? I bet that those who do want to check stocks on their phone use a third party app anyway. Why have they forced the Watch app on my phone? Surely if I want to buy an Apple Watch then I will download the app. Likewise with iBooks, Podcasts - I will download the app if I want to use it. Hell, why do we need a reminders app? You can set reminders up in your calendar anyway. Facetime? You can use your normal phonebook for that but just select Facetime call. Voice Memos? Health? Tips?! Pffft. I wonder how much space that may save on iOS installs and my phone memory? (pauper 16gb 5S). At least News Stand has gone, although it will be returning as News in a future update.
Apple tells us we want. You don't get to choose. What do you think this is....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I ended up cancelling my EE SIM only and moving over to Vodafone.
EE - 10GB Data, unlimited everything else - £22.99
Vodafone - 20GB data, unlimited everything else - £27.70 plus Spotify (which I currently pay £9.99 for) went via Quidco too - £60 cashback.
So that's £12.21 a month plus 64GB iPhone 6S (£619) I don't think I could have got a better deal. EE did try, though.

Have you ever had Vodafone before? I'd rather pay more for EE

Actually just read you're in London, so every phone network has 4G everywhere I assume

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
So the opinion on ios9 is don't bother? I'm liking 8.4.1, been a while since I've used an iOS that doesn't do something odd at least once a day. This is down to couple times a week I'd say.

Had the beta of ios9 on my ipad2 mini for a while now, runs crap tbh.

Golf R/Leon FR
I'm liking iOS9 too, small updates but good updates. Safari is a lot quicker and low power mode is handy.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
The lower case keyboard is messing with my head. It looks weird... Does not like

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
If anyone wants 20% Vodafone discount let me know. You need to be a new customer or just upgraded, and not already be on a reduced rate contract.

I get NHS discount that I can share with up to 5 other people. Have 4 spaced unused.

Audi S1
If anyone wants 20% Vodafone discount let me know. You need to be a new customer or just upgraded, and not already be on a reduced rate contract.

I get NHS discount that I can share with up to 5 other people. Have 4 spaced unused.
I'm interested :) PM me the details? Thanks

I like iOS 9. Particularly opening a text whilst doing something and then returning back to it by clicking the top left opposed to home button and remembering what you were doing.

Only issue I have noticed, is that when I go to unlock the phone, the keypad is slow in registering the first couple of number taps, resulting in a failed attempt.

I like iOS 9. Particularly opening a text whilst doing something and then returning back to it by clicking the top left opposed to home button and remembering what you were doing.

In iOS8, surely you would have read the text, double tapped the home button and returned to the last app open?

Listerine & Poledo

Only issue I have noticed, is that when I go to unlock the phone, the keypad is slow in registering the first couple of number taps, resulting in a failed attempt.
I'd imagine that's more dependant on the hardware it's running on?

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Being picky, it would be nice to have the low power mode in the control centre.
Agreed, in fact it would be nice to be able to choose which shortcuts are in there, calculator, because we all need that quickly...

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50

I've noticed that to but it doesn't lag if you use Finger ID.

Another thing I like is the battery at a glance monitor of all your devices...

707d0b308bf561713f52c055936f4fe1.jpg

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
The icon next to the 'recently deleted' photo folder has also changed from a deleted photo, to a rubbish bin. Thank god for that ;)