ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple event - 9th September

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
6s apparently has a smaller battery than the 6 but apple says it won't affect battery life. Hmmm

Audi S1
I'm sure I read online that o2 have said they will be releasing their pricing today.
I guess we all know its going to be expensive already :)

Listerine & Poledo
Well screw you apple.
within 24hrs of the 6s announcement, my 5 decides it likes to shutdown every time 5% of battery is used.
So, looks like it's a 6 for me.

O2 go on sale at 9am, according to their Twitter.

Also their Refresh deals are live. http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=o2-to-offer-iphone-6s-and-iphone-6s-plus-in-uk

7936c6f7878abc93a4c09af6626bfb69.jpg

So, as an example: iPhone 6s 64GB = £619 from Apple sim free.

On O2 refresh the phone cost is £699.99 (£25 x 24 + £99.99). Plus line rental (£21) for 3GB data/unli mins/texts.

If you're considering a contract, I think this is the cheapest option? A year in you can pay off the phone (£300), but keep the £21 line rental, and get a new phone.

Last edited:
  SQ5
Store on apple.com seems to be non existent but just went via the app and could preorder, surprised they are not sold out yet, usually the first allocation has gone after an hour

Audi S1
I went for 128GB 6s via o2.
£64 per month, £39.99 up front. I only wanted 64GB but for the sake of £30 seemed silly not to.
With that I can upgrade in 12 months, plus insurance.

SQ5
I pay £44p/m for a 6 64gb, the first 6 months it was £33 with no upfront. Unlimited calls/texts and 5GB data

How are, or why are you paying so much? Sim only deal £5-20 depending on what you need, Apple finance over two years for a phone at £24 p/m

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
I pay £44p/m for a 6 64gb, the first 6 months it was £33 with no upfront. Unlimited calls/texts and 5GB data

How are, or why are you paying so much? Sim only deal £5-20 depending on what you need, Apple finance over two years for a phone at £24 p/m
Because its not a sim only deal....no upfront cost with unlimited everything including data and hotspot for 128gb 6s.

SQ5
Because its not a sim only deal....no upfront cost with unlimited everything including data and hotspot for 128gb 6s.

The extra over two years doesn't work out to an extra £22 a month though does it. It's about £7.

Plus with unlimited data why do you need to pay £44 for an iPad data plan?

SQ5
Because that's part of the contract you were talking about and part of the contract I was talking about?! I don't know how to compare contract prices without comparing and integral part of the contract, makes it difficult.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Because that's part of the contract you were talking about and part of the contract I was talking about?! I don't know how to compare contract prices without comparing and integral part of the contract, makes it difficult.
6 contracts are now irrelevant when comparing to 6s though....the prices go up every year. Im paying what it costs. No more and no less.

SQ5
6 contracts are now irrelevant when comparing to 6s though....the prices go up every year. Im paying what it costs. No more and no less.

6 to 6s prices haven't changed a 6 64gb was £619 as is the 6S 64gb.

The price I was paying was when it was released last year

Golf R/Leon FR
Pre-ordered a space grey 6s from O2 paying £37 a month. Which has gone up £4 a month from my 5s contract from 2 years ago.

SQ5
From phone companies not from apple. C0ntract prices have gone up since 2 years ago.

6 was released last year and EE have equal contract prices now.

I was trying to explain that it's cheaper to buy outright or via apple finance than a contract from a phone company.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
6 was released last year and EE have equal contract prices now.

I was trying to explain that it's cheaper to buy outright or via apple finance than a contract from a phone company.
Yeah it may well be..but that doesn't bother me at all..I spend equivalent to that monthly saving a day on coffee!