ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple event - 9th September

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
I don't understand, how comes everyone is saying iPhone's are pretty useless after a year or so? What do you guys do to your phones?

I have had my iPhone 4S since soon after the release (start of 2012 from memory) and it still does me fine.

What do people mean by useless? Slowing down? Breaking? Falling apart?!

Listerine & Poledo
I don't understand, how comes everyone is saying iPhone's are pretty useless after a year or so? What do you guys do to your phones?

I have had my iPhone 4S since soon after the release (start of 2012 from memory) and it still does me fine.

What do people mean by useless? Slowing down? Breaking? Falling apart?!
They can't get enough "selfies" into the phone.
Or it doesn't run the latest version of iSuckup.
Or they cant run grinder as long before the battery carks it

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
f**k knows.

My iPhone 4 lasted me three years.

I had to upgrade as it started being so slow (and not charging) that it was unusable.

Apparently, if you update software as often as it comes out, it buggers up the phone as the older processors can only take so much.

I've updated my 5s twice I think and it's still running fine.

...the only problem now is the lack of memory

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
f**k knows.

My iPhone 4 lasted me three years.

I had to upgrade as it started being so slow (and not charging) that it was unusable.

Apparently, if you update software as often as it comes out, it buggers up the phone as the older processors can only take so much.

I've updated my 5s twice I think and it's still running fine.

...the only problem now is the lack of memory

I only tend to update my phone when having the old software prevents me doing things. Maybe that's why mines surviving nearly 4 years on.

I can only comment on the 5s I have. And it's s**t.
It's the only iPhone I've owned longer than 12 months, so no idea what usually happens to them.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Obviously it slows down dramatically. They don't want you keeping the same phone for more than 2 years.
That's why when this is released, anyone with a 5 or 5c will start to find it will become very s**t.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Obviously it slows down dramatically. They don't want you keeping the same phone for more than 2 years.
That's why when this is released, anyone with a 5 or 5c will start to find it will become very s**t.

You mean like Google has done to with the current release of Android which has rendered my daughters Nexus 7 as nothing more than a piece of s**t paperweight? She only used it to watch YouTube videos and apparently she can't even do that now without signing in with one of our Google ID's.

Listerine & Poledo
If you try putting the OS for an iPhone6 on an iPhone 4, you're going to have a bad time.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah looking at it more and more the rose gold is very pink looking! Maybe i wont then..
im struggling to understand how people are surprised that a product thats supposed to be pink, hence the colour name, rose, is actually pink.

Its like saying i'm surprised the gold is so yellow looking.......

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
im struggling to understand how people are surprised that a product thats supposed to be pink, hence the colour name, rose, is actually pink.

Rose gold usually looks bronze though. I think that's why people are surprised.

After waiting what seems like a lifetime for a new Apple TV, I'm underwhelmed. The games / app store are a good idea - I'm just amazed that it's taken so long for them to appear. Although what ever happened to airplay games via your phone that was announced ages ago?

Everything else seems more of the same just with more polish, unless I'm missing something big. Oh, and an Amazon Fire TV-stylee remote.

I still use my second gen daily, but I lost my remote so can't update or do anything on it than stream music and videos, so have been waiting for this to arrive. Don't know whether I'll bother tbh..

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
After waiting what seems like a lifetime for a new Apple TV, I'm underwhelmed. The games / app store are a good idea - I'm just amazed that it's taken so long for them to appear. Although what ever happened to airplay games via your phone that was announced ages ago?

Everything else seems more of the same just with more polish, unless I'm missing something big. Oh, and an Amazon Fire TV-stylee remote.

I still use my second gen daily, but I lost my remote so can't update or do anything on it than stream music and videos, so have been waiting for this to arrive. Don't know whether I'll bother tbh..

You can pair any old remote to the atv you know.

Or lend an atv remote off someone to update yours

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member

Because actual rose gold isn't pink...rose gold is a far nicer colour than yellow gold.

You can pair any old remote to the atv you know.

Or lend an atv remote off someone to update yours
Yes, I do know, but you have to get to Learn Remote or something in the menus - I can't get there without...you guessed it.. a remote. I've tried iOS remote apps, but they don't work. Assumedly, because I've jailbroken the b**ch.

And I know nobody cool enough to own an Apple TV, who I could borrow a remote from. In real h'actual life.

Woe is life.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yes, I do know, but you have to get to Learn Remote or something in the menus - I can't get there without...you guessed it.. a remote. I've tried iOS remote apps, but they don't work. Assumedly, because I've jailbroken the b**ch.

And I know nobody cool enough to own an Apple TV, who I could borrow a remote from. In real h'actual life.

I'm sure I paired a sky remote with my atv when I took it to my parents and forgot the remote.

It needs to be plugged into the router iirc then it allows the app to work.

...but if its jail broken and doesn't let the app work then I think you're in a bit of a pickle

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
My mate text me last night "I NEED an apple pen" like it was the best thing since sliced bread and that no one had done it before.

I was like "what's that then? Is it like the Samsung S pen that's been out for years but with extra apple tax?"

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
The 6 most definitely does not bend in your pocket. 6+ perhaps If your a skinny jean wearing prick.

It does.

My mate has bent 3 during day to day work (manual labour - owns his own building company).

My old one also bent slightly after I bent down to wash the wheel of my car (no, I don't wear skinny jeans).

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Well that's a bit out of the realms of normal use I'd say.
I've had one for a year and it's never bent in my pocket! Nor has anyone I know.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Well that's a bit out of the realms of normal use I'd say.
I've had one for a year and it's never bent in my pocket! Nor has anyone I know.

I was able to bend straighten mine up by bending it back with my hands lol.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Rose gold usually looks bronze though. I think that's why people are surprised.
I see what you're saying, but this isn't a precious metal, its a colour for a phone, and the rose would make me think its pink, but the gold softens it and gives it a metallic finish?

Guess people will interpret it in different ways, i certainly don't think the colour is aimed at straight men anyway.......

dk

911 GTS Cab
Because actual rose gold isn't pink...rose gold is a far nicer colour than yellow gold.
ACTUAL rose gold Apple watch, not a colour, but the precious metal
Looks pink to me. (although i know it can look less pink depending on the pink added, but its always been a woman colour, NEVER aimed at men..........because of its pink tinge)
332&hei=392&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.5,0.5,0,0&iccEmbed=0&layer=comp&.jpg

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
ACTUAL rose gold Apple watch, not a colour, but the precious metal
Looks pink to me. (although i know it can look less pink depending on the pink added, but its always been a woman colour, NEVER aimed at men..........because of its pink tinge)
332&hei=392&fmt=jpeg&qlt=95&op_sharpen=0&resMode=bicub&op_usm=0.5,0.5,0,0&iccEmbed=0&layer=comp&.jpg

Lol. That's horseshit. Again an apple product. Still not true rose gold. They choose how much pink they want in it like you say.
The amount of MENS watches thy are in rose gold is enough to tell you they aren't for ladies.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Lol. That's horseshit. Again an apple product. Still not true rose gold. They choose how much pink they want in it like you say.
The amount of MENS watches thy are in rose gold is enough to tell you they aren't for ladies.
are you actually having a laugh?

Thats 18 karat rose gold, and rose gold is for women!!!!!!!!

Reactions: C.J

dk

911 GTS Cab
How is it for women? Apple have more zinc in their rose gold. Simple as that.
Is rose gold intended for women in general? No.
erm yes!!!!!

how are we even having this conversation, I'm sorry, but it is, always has been.......

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I see what you're saying, but this isn't a precious metal, its a colour for a phone, and the rose would make me think its pink, but the gold softens it and gives it a metallic finish?

Guess people will interpret it in different ways, i certainly don't think the colour is aimed at straight men anyway.......

Lol, I was hoping the colour would be more subtle than the existing Gold. Because that toes the line of heterosexual

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
How is it for women? Apple have more zinc in their rose gold. Simple as that.
Is rose gold intended for women in general? No.
You're on drugs. Just buy the pink phone. Everyone bar your knows it's for women.

Reactions: dk