ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple event - 9th September

At 20% you get a notification of low battery, that now has a button to put into low power mode.
I pressed no earlier and then suddenly realised I shouldn't have. I also couldn't find anywhere to change my decision once the pop up had gone. Must be something somewhere for those occasions where you find yourself with say 12% and want it to standby for a few hours until a charging point? Wait until 10% I guess - but you know where I'm coming from.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I pressed no earlier and then suddenly realised I shouldn't have. I also couldn't find anywhere to change my decision once the pop up had gone. Must be something somewhere for those occasions where you find yourself with say 12% and want it to standby for a few hours until a charging point? Wait until 10% I guess - but you know where I'm coming from.
Go into settings > battery and you can turn it on in there.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Other things I like - the new "Back to" quick switch link... Great little feature

4a701269afbb2b26d8a7aee420675957.jpg

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
At 20% you get a notification of low battery, that now has a button to put into low power mode.
I get what he's saying though, it would be nice to have an option to automatically go into power saving mode, rather than manually doing it every time

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone else's screen become really unresponsive since iOS 9?

I'm trying to use my calendar, and it's not recognising me pressing the date to get out of month view into day view.

And trying to put my security code in is a ball ache too.

On a 5S by the way.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
If anything mine is more responsive since upgrading to iOS9. On a 5S also. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

Listerine & Poledo
Remember that iOS 9 is built for the latest processors.
So that could cause some slow down for older ones. I wouldn't even think to put it on my 1st gen iPad mini, it'll likely just turn it into a coketray.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
I've got it on an IPhone 6 admittedly but all I've noticed are benefits.

Battery life is much improved for me. I no longer need to charge it at lunch if I've been hammering it all day it would seem.

Apple is emailing customers in select areas to inform them that their iPhone 6s pre-order may not be delivered on Friday, September 25th.

Apple says in its email that due to traffic restrictions it might not be able to deliver your new iPhone on September 25, and in such cases, it will try to deliver the item on Saturday. FedEX, USPS, and UPS have already put up a notice on their website regarding the delay in delivery of all their shipments.

http://www.redsn0w.us/2015/09/apple-sending-out-emails-to-customers.html
http://www.macrumors.com/2015/09/22/apple-pope-shipping-delay-notifications/

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
Remember that iOS 9 is built for the latest processors.
So that could cause some slow down for older ones. I wouldn't even think to put it on my 1st gen iPad mini, it'll likely just turn it into a coketray.
Seems to run fine on my iPad 3, no slower than iOS8

AK

M240i
I've got the leather Apple case ready. I normally use a case for about a month then sack it off lol.

I'm getting pissed off with apple and so are several other people in work.

Lots of iphones (or ipad in my case) are playing up.

My ipad air 2 which has hardly been used in 10 months won't charge or turn on....can I get an appointment at any of the 3 closest apple stores (closest is still 30mins drive away)? No! Checked everyday for the last 2 weeks. I can't send it in for repair as I can't turn it on to turn find my device off... Live chat were useless. Ipad charger works as I tried another ipad. I've tried plugging direct to laptop, nothing. The logo you get when it's dead and it tells you to plug in well that comes on but flickers.

Glad I sold the 6 last week and got an lg g4, apple has lost my interest now tbh.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I'm getting pissed off with apple and so are several other people in work.

Lots of iphones (or ipad in my case) are playing up.

My ipad air 2 which has hardly been used in 10 months won't charge or turn on....can I get an appointment at any of the 3 closest apple stores (closest is still 30mins drive away)? No! Checked everyday for the last 2 weeks. I can't send it in for repair as I can't turn it on to turn find my device off... Live chat were useless. Ipad charger works as I tried another ipad. I've tried plugging direct to laptop, nothing. The logo you get when it's dead and it tells you to plug in well that comes on but flickers.

Glad I sold the 6 last week and got an lg g4, apple has lost my interest now tbh.

Turn up at the Apple Store at or just before opening and get a walk up. That's what I do now, as getting an appointment is a real ball ache.

Listerine & Poledo
Mine is with some company or other, but the post has already been and my case wasn't part of it.
Well done apple

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Just updated the wifes Rose Gold to 9.0.1 now... nice colour but it is 100% pink!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
A lad at work just showed me that iOS 9 compiles all of your selfies into a folder. Weird. Apple know your face and have your prints!

...typing that, I realise it won't affect anyone on here.

*i hope

Listerine & Poledo
A lad at work just showed me that iOS 9 compiles all of your selfies into a folder. Weird. Apple know your face and have your prints!
And your bank details, home address, email account......

...best hope Apple don't piss off North Korea else every iPhone user will be penniless...more so than when they blow their entire student loan on a MacBook Pro