ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Event 27th Jan - Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
  1998 BMW e46 323i
Have you watched the video?

What really got me interested is when he was on the news site and tapped to make an article larger. You cant do that with a netbook, its the way it displays and navigates web pages which will make this better than a netbook imo.

Yeah. It doesn't appeal to me. It's slick but that's it. If they create a niche then that's really impressive. For me a laptop and smartphone is enough. Don't need an inbetween.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Have you watched the video?

What really got me interested is when he was on the news site and tapped to make an article larger. You cant do that with a netbook, its the way it displays and navigates web pages which will make this better than a netbook imo.
that and everything else, the speed of the thing, everything is instant, no waiting around fo anything, no need to wait for it to boot. the photo viewing is amazing as per usual, all the apps i have on my iphone will port ot it, playing f1 should look immense, as you say zooming in on articles is impressive, it will be much nicer to hold in the hand than a netbook which still needs to be say on a lap really.

its just full of win.

1998 BMW e46 323i
PMSL at netbooks. Awesome if you want a dull, ultra low resolution screen, poor quality keyboard, and Windows. Pull the other one. Yeah thats the same an an iPad, in the same way my first ever mobile phone is the same as my iPhone.
didn't say it was the same as a netbook, but rather a netbook fills the niche between iPhone/smartphone and laptop. I can't see the niche, but hey.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
that and everything else, the speed of the thing, everything is instant, no waiting around fo anything, no need to wait for it to boot. the photo viewing is amazing as per usual, all the apps i have on my iphone will port ot it, playing f1 should look immense, as you say zooming in on articles is impressive, it will be much nicer to hold in the hand than a netbook which still needs to be say on a lap really.

its just full of win.

Its just how it is easier to have on the sofa than even a 13" MB, until i saw the video I was a little sceptical but after seeing it working it is excellent, and not too expensive either.

dk

911 GTS Cab
but that is a niche, its for the people who don't want to buy a shitty underspecced netbook but want a 'premium' product, just like some people don't go for a bog standard phone and pay a premium for something like an iphone, both make phone calls, one does a s**t load more and is better, the ipad is like a premium netbook, but not a full blown pc you would use for other things, like downloading and editing photos or video etc.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I don't think it really fills a gap between the iPhone and MacBook Pro but I could still see me making use of it.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Simple, it's not aimed at geeks (although a quite percentage will probably buy it).

It's aimed at those who don't have the need for a "full computer" and those who've been and bought the £300 special at tesco or PC World and discovered that "waiting 5 minutes for it to boot and then waiting 7 hours for it do anything once booted" is not a fun experience.

Want to browse the net? Pick up the tablet, done.
Want to read the latest and greatest book? Pick up the tablet, done.

There's at least a couple of family members in my family who I think would love this, and they're complete technophobes with NO current apple product ownership.

Scirocco GT 210
If it could multi-task and had Flash support I'd certainly consider one.

Will probs go for a small laptop instead now though.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
but that is a niche, its for the people who don't want to buy a s**tty underspecced netbook but want a 'premium' product, just like some people don't go for a bog standard phone and pay a premium for something like an iphone, both make phone calls, one does a s**t load more and is better, the ipad is like a premium netbook, but not a full blown pc you would use for other things, like downloading and editing photos or video etc.

LOL, by premium you mean overpriced and with a flashy badge

LOL, by premium you mean overpriced and with a flashy badge

Jeeesus. I bet you're great fun at the supermarket. Do you fill your trolley full of Tesco Value rubber cheese and cardboard bread? So, just to be clear, are you suggesting that the iPad is overpriced? Have you even seen it? Do you even know what it does? It's innovation. It's brand new. 2 years from now there will be sub standard clone, and then that will be awesome because it doesn't have an Apple logo 'stamped' on it? Just Roffle. Anti-fanboys are worse than fanboys by a factor of approximately 300%.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Jeeesus. I bet you're great fun at the supermarket. Do you fill your trolley full of Tesco Value rubber cheese and cardboard bread? So, just to be clear, are you suggesting that the iPad is overpriced? Have you even seen it? Do you even know what it does? It's innovation. It's brand new. 2 years from now there will be sub standard clone, and then that will be awesome because it doesn't have an Apple logo 'stamped' on it? Just Roffle. Anti-fanboys are worse than fanboys by a factor of approximately 300%.

It's just an opinion, so stick it up your 300% pipe and smoke it :p

innovation? pads have been out for years !

SchwepTek™
NEEEED one for my camera bag...

usb_connectors_20100127.jpg

;)

SchwepTek™
Oh and anyone notice that Apple need to change their website as there's no room for the iPad. Its currently a link from the homepage picture...

Yeh, but it's not in the store yet which is strange. Store is usually down before anything is announced and then when it comes back it's there.

What's that little adaptor?

It wasn't funny in the other thread, and it's not funny in this one. If it was funny, it would be funny, but it isn't, so it isn't.

Citroen DS3 DSport
If the new SDK points towards the future of iPhone 4G then I may very well jump ship to a Android handset come the summer.

SchwepTek™
Yeh, but it's not in the store yet which is strange. Store is usually down before anything is announced and then when it comes back it's there.

What's that little adaptor?

Small one is USB for connecting direct to camera and the bigger is an SD card reader!

:) :) :)

Listened to the news on the way home last night, newsreader mispronounced the name of the new device, and came out with "iPat". Was lolling most of the way home.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
sneeks said:
If the new SDK points towards the future of iPhone 4G then I may very well jump ship to a Android handset come the summer.

It doesn't, it's just an interim solution to handle the ipad features!

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
PMSL at netbooks. Awesome if you want a dull, ultra low resolution screen, poor quality keyboard, and Windows. Pull the other one. Yeah thats the same an an iPad, in the same way my first ever mobile phone is the same as my iPhone.

I bought a netbook and there crap, this looks sweet

Hyundai i40
i can see myself having one of these in the future, just to use for net use and maybe music. I would also prob need a PC for work use etc but i have been thinking of investing in a small net book just for net in the living room etc. this would be a better option

The iPad has a lower resolution than most netbooks.

i just looked at the price $899 for it pull the f**king other one
and its not really geared up for hd tis a bit of a mistake

The iPad has a lower resolution than most netbooks.

Pfft. Who cares about the facts? It doesn't run Windows so it won't have an inch high task bar and super jaggy fonts, like every netbook I've seen.

Just been checking out the videos. I can definitely see the appeal. Completely unique user interface. Anyone with an iPhone should be able to imagine that they'll love the touch interface. Desirable as f**k.

It's obviously not for those who think awesome design engineering and quality are bad things, though.

20p says the new iPhone follows the same theme by returning back to a metal case. I can see the next iPhone looking pretty much like an exactly scaled down iPad.

the wifes aspire one was only 200 and that does everything she needs it too e-mails net access and she can write her assignments on it too oh and i can watch videos on it when i cant be arsed to get out of bed

Status
Not open for further replies.