ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Event 27th Jan - Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I've decided i don't need one, but i'll buy the next iPhone outright.

Clio :)
With a 10 hour battery life, Apple OS and multi-touch? Are you sure?

hp_slate_from_movie.jpg

The iPads only appeal is that it looks great and that it is basically a bigger iphone (minus the calls) which is also great.

Would I buy one? Buying this would be like buying an iPhone 2g .. it just doesn't make sense - I would rather wait for a 2nd generation model when Apple have finished mugging off devotees who will buy anything with the brand name attatched.

313hpi8.jpg

Pretty much sums it up.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I've decided i don't need one, but i'll buy the next iPhone outright.

I'd rather spend the money I would have used to buy the iPad on a Nexus One or equivalent instead and then also buy the 4th gen iPhone outright. Best of both worlds and I can swap between phones every so often.

Citroen DS3 White
No flash, no camera, no multitask, 64GB, no fit in my pocket, big bezel: no likey.

You still need a Laptop/PC, you still need a phone. I have these (3GS 32GB) and seem happy enough.

I'm sure flash will come as will multitask but these should have really been out the box.

That HP one looks nice, but you know it's not going to be anywhere near as polished a user experience as the iPad. (Again, apparently a polished user experience is a bad thing) I'm not buying one anyway, as I enjoy using my MBP too much. It's something I'll consider at some stage though.

Some people just to like to bleat on about how they can get things that do the same job for less money because they're so clever and people who prefer high quality are retards. Wow. That's amazing. If anyone gave a f**k, we'd all be driving around in the same cars, and have the same TVs and toasters.

Some people just to like to bleat on about how they get things that do the same job for less money. Wow. That's amazing. If anyone gave a f**k, we'd all be driving around in the same cars, and have the same TVs and toasters.

Yeh, from the Tesco value range.

Some people like nice things. My sister has a netbook thing. Granted it wasn't £400 but it's very far from being as good as the iPad. I think she'll probably get one.

No... did I say I had? I merely asked what this would do that a top end netbook cant do? Did I slate it? No! Was just asking a simple question!

Oh I say. Calm down dear it's only a computer! :D

What does an expensive car do that a cheap one can't? It's all relative. Some people like to pay for the more expensive stuff, and some people like think that everyone should be impressed that Billybob just saved 5p on a loaf of bread and the slices are just as thick as the expensive gourmet stuff. Care much.

I imagine the user experience will be totally unique. That's what makes it different, not what it can actually do. It's not going to give you a blow job if that's what you're asking x

Facelift R53 Cooper S
iPad 2nd gen is where my money will go tbh......

We need a built in web-cam chat client with front facing camera and a rear facing camera for augmented reality.

Oh I say. Calm down dear it's only a computer! :D

What does an expensive car do that a cheap one can't? It's all relative. Some people like to pay for the more expensive stuff, and some people like think that everyone should be impressed that Billybob just saved 5p on a loaf of bread and the slices are just as thick as the expensive gourmet bread. Care much.

I imagine the user experience will be totally unique. That's what makes it different, not what it can't actually do. It's not going to give you a blow job if that's what you're asking x

but you cant type on it properly or connect it to a tv easily

I should have put £100 on the fact there would be an arguement about the iPad in here today.

Why so SRS?

If it doesn't do what you want, don't buy one. I'm unsure whether it would fulfill my needs now, so am not sure, might just go the whole hog and get a macbook and keep my iphone. I'm not going to start posting that it's crap though.

Half the things people in here are saying it can't do, I wouldn't want it to do anyway.

Barge
I imagine RMx will be getting one to sit and read the news and browse web on whilst drinking his fresh filter coffee and eating muesli.

I think the uses for it are great, especially web, etc. But it couldn't replace your laptop, etc. (I'd doubt) but as something to sit on your lap whilst watching TV on a night or whilst your on the move it's great.

To some people it'll be a waste of money. To others it won't. We're allowed a difference of opinion. I think it's fab for what it is, I don't expect it to be a laptop or MBP.

Citroen DS3 DSport
This is what the BBC tennis text commentary reporter thought of the iPad:

Murray 3-6 6-4 6-4 5-1* Cilic
You can tell this match is almost done, we've sparked up a discussion about the merits (or not) of the iPad or whatever it's called. Just an unwieldy iPhone is the verdict. Murray holds comfortably and maybe he can start to think about that final...

This is what the BBC tennis text commentary reporter thought of the iPad:

Murray 3-6 6-4 6-4 5-1* Cilic
You can tell this match is almost done, we've sparked up a discussion about the merits (or not) of the iPad or whatever it's called. Just an unwieldy iPhone is the verdict. Murray holds comfortably and maybe he can start to think about that final...

He has one? That's awesome. I've got three under my bed.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its not based on it, it has similar architecture.

Why would it need 1080p? The screen res isn't sufficient enough for 720p let alone 1080p

More to the point, why would you need 1080p on a screen so small? That's just being unreasonable. It's not long ago that people were arguing you don't need 1080p on anything smaller than 30"

Its not based on it, it has similar architecture.

Why would it need 1080p? The screen res isn't sufficient enough for 720p let alone 1080p

yes but if it had hdmi then it would be a great idea but a vga connector isnt what we need

More to the point, why would you need 1080p on a screen so small? That's just being unreasonable. It's not long ago that people were arguing you don't need 1080p on anything smaller than 30"

these things would be great to connect to tv's thats my point take it to someones house connect it to tv etc

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It doesn't have Hdmi. Why do you need hdmi on a device like this?

Just give them the tablet and show them the photos/content.

E87 118d M Sport
it is a tv? why connect it to a tv? i personally would be more than happy watching home vids/showing family photos/showing people stuff online on that size screen. especially with the ease of zoom

Well I'm skiping this and keeping the MBP and maybe new iphone.. depending on whats been changed (for the good or the bad!).

christ to use it as a decent media player it needs to connect to a better screen

it also needs a better native screen to start with anyway as you say its not even 1080p

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I must say i've never felt the need to plug anything in to someone elses TV.

Its not just a media player. Is it?

yes but if it had hdmi then it would be a great idea but a vga connector isnt what we need

It would be awesome if there was a PS3 Media Server app developed to run on it. Bingo, HD content on your telly, served from the iFad. Never say never.

it is a tv? why connect it to a tv? i personally would be more than happy watching home vids/showing family photos/showing people stuff online on that size screen. especially with the ease of zoom

is it f**k a tv at the moment its just a fancy digital picture frame

Status
Not open for further replies.