ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Event 27th Jan - Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Are there any phones out yet that have multiple browsing (tabbed browsing) ?

The n900 has something similar but still not quite.

Off topic sorry.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
gally said:
Are there any phones out yet that have multiple browsing (tabbed browsing) ?

The n900 has something similar but still not quite.

Off topic sorry.

Safari on the iPhone supports multiple pages?

Mk2 Golf GTI
so does the new opera mini on blackberry

opera-mini-5-screenshot-03-280x375.jpg

I really like it. faster than the standard BB browser but takes a little bit of getting used to. Renders pages better too.

m.opera.com/next

All i want is a facking MBP update!

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Cool, cheers mate.

Is it everybodys choice of browser?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
so does the new opera mini on blackberry

opera-mini-5-screenshot-03-280x375.jpg

I really like it. faster than the standard BB browser but takes a little bit of getting used to. Renders pages better too.
I didn't like it's bookmarks.

I just use bookmarks and google to get anything on my BB.

Citroen DS3 DSport
eBay -> buy a ipaq for ~£20 -> load up software (cant remember name) for controlling squeeze box.

done.

I use my iPhone with iPeng for now but a dedicated device that I can use when my phone rings would be better. The iPad or a iPod Touch would do the job.

it seems its getting panned quite heavily by the press for lack of HDMI, SD slot, flash tabbed browsing and the fact its tied to itunes

Yeh, it's also being heavily praised by the press for the multi touch, cheap price, great OS, easy to use and well made.

Depends what you want to read.

well made ? its not been out long enough for it to set on fire yet. in fact its not even out so how can anyone really claim its well made.

i just like the way he demoed it showing the NYT with a flash error on screen

as for the price its not exactly cheap and we have no uk pricing yet do we ?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
well made ? its not been out long enough for it to set on fire yet. in fact its not even out so how can anyone really claim its well made.

i just like the way he demoed it showing the NYT with a flash error on screen

as for the price its not exactly cheap and we have no uk pricing yet do we ?

Flash is dying a (slow) death (right) now though, long live html 5!

Well, if you compare it to the amazon kindle dx which is about the same size-ish, 16 gray scales (lol) and does nothing more than read books and has the fab price point of $489, then I think it's a no-brainer to spend the cash on an iPad.

So he's not allowed to write about a product that he's used, but you're allowed to have an opinion about it having never even seen it? You sure?

It is interesting to see the Apple haters finding random negatives with the iPad.

Sn00p summed it up well though. Look what you get for the price, compared with the kindle!!

Last edited by a moderator:
You've not seen it either, yet you're all gushing like it's the second coming of the messiah :p

I have three under my bed.

Plus, I haven't yet suggested that someone who has used it, isn't entitled to write about it on their own website. Next?

BMW e46 320 Ci Sport
wish i had a use for it tbh . would just be a waste of money really. one of our tech research dudes said that it might not come bundled with a power adapter. anyone else heard this?

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
tempted tbh, only managed to watch the video through today, could see myself with one. I have a company laptop which I can easily use at home for personal use but can never be arsed to boot it up and wait for it, this with its ease of pick-up and browse I could end up buying. I don't see the point of the 3G model though, completely lost on my, where on earth are you going to carry that thing around that requires a 3G signal??

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
tempted tbh, only managed to watch the video through today, could see myself with one. I have a company laptop which I can easily use at home for personal use but can never be arsed to boot it up and wait for it, this with its ease of pick-up and browse I could end up buying. I don't see the point of the 3G model though, completely lost on my, where on earth are you going to carry that thing around that requires a 3G signal??

Trains?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
wish i had a use for it tbh . would just be a waste of money really. one of our tech research dudes said that it might not come bundled with a power adapter. anyone else heard this?

It comes with a power adaptor.

All credit to them. They are amazing at marketing, but in this case I sense that those guys are genuinely enthused with what they have created. I really think they're bubbling over with excitement. Rather than acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.