ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Event 27th Jan - Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Audi S1
Is it just me who thinks it's "pointless" ?

I love Apple gadgets, but there isn't nothing special about it... Lets be honest.

Still want it though lol

Barge
Its good points are it's much more friendlier for browsing the web than the iPod Touch or the iPhone. That's where it wins. The rest of it (IIRC) you can pretty much do on the iPhone. Maybe not the iBook Store - which in itself is pretty cool.

If you've got the money to spend on it, then why not.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Not for the UK.

I Expect it to be £349-399 for the entry level version

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Just a question. What do we think real-life battery time will be?

I know they claim 10 hours but apple always exagerate battery times, my iPhone is nowhere near stated use and I've read MacBooks are the same

what do u guys get quoted vs. Actual on your MacBooks etc so we can work out what to realistically expect.

I assume by standby it means u can just walk up to it and press the button and off u go rather than waiting for it to boot up like a windows system

Is it just me who thinks it's "pointless" ?

I love Apple gadgets, but there isn't nothing special about it... Lets be honest.

Still want it though lol

It is easy to argue that it's pointless. None of us have used one, so I'm reserving judgment on whether or not I would find a use for it. Not everyone has a laptop that they use in the lounge. Many families use a desktop PC in a study or spare bedroom. Many of those people may often think about getting a laptop for more casual computing in and around the lounge, conservatory or garden. Then along comes the iPad at very reasonable price that won't break the bank. Oh herrrooooow!

IMO it could very well revolutionise living room computing. People who argue that it's s**t, or nothing new, would do well to remember that the same criticisms were levelled at the iPhone, and it's now a phenomenal success. Obviously the last word argument would be that this is because we're all sheep, and has nothing to do with it being an awesome product, but such is the mind of an 'I'm not a fanboy' fanboy.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
I do love the Ipad, but for that money you could get a Dell LAptop that would prob last a bit longer and be as fast for browsing?

However the Ipad will be alot slicker/quicker!!

I do love the Ipad, but for that money you could get a Dell LAptop that would prob last a bit longer and be as fast for browsing?

However the Ipad will be alot slicker/quicker!!

For sure. Everyone has different desires and budgets. My prediction is that take-up will be quite slow to begin with.

You won't get the answer though, and the fanboys will just pick it apart again, so what's the point? Buy a Dell and be happy.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Jesus f**king Christ, it's not that difficult to figure out the Market sector is it?

It's quite clearly aimed at those who want to do casual Internet browsing, emailing and book Reading, i.e what 95% of people only ever use a computer for.

Go look at its nearest plain old ebook competitor, the kindle dx and then tell me that "you don't get it".

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
95% of people use a PC for book reading?

Edit: I'm done with this thread anyway, it'll be amusing to watch everyone waste their money on yet another pointless Apple gadget :p

Last edited:
  Mountune Tractor
Jesus f**king Christ, it's not that difficult to figure out the Market sector is it?

It's quite clearly aimed at those who want to do casual Internet browsing, emailing and book Reading, i.e what 95% of people only ever use a computer for.

Go look at its nearest plain old ebook competitor, the kindle dx and then tell me that "you don't get it".

Take a f**king chill pill keyboard warrior. I'm looking for a decent discussion and so far all I've got is the apple fanboys implying I'm a c**t for not seeing things through there eyes.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
To be fair we ran though it a while ago. Go back and read the thread.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Cookie said:
95% of people use a PC for casual Internet browsing, emailing and book Reading?

Edit: I'm done with this thread anyway, it'll be amusing to watch everyone waste their money on yet another pointless Apple gadget :p

Bye.

Well, actually it's probably higher, I know that's all my family use pc's for at home.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
172boost said:
Take a f**king chill pill keyboard warrior. I'm looking for a decent discussion and so far all I've got is the apple fanboys implying I'm a c**t for not seeing things through there eyes.

See what tom wrote below.

Then re-read thread and see what tom just pointed out.

Simples.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I think for the US market the iPad could be excellent as it will be very content driven with magazine and newspaper subscription services but here in the UK we for the most part do not get these so miss out on a large reason for buying it. Very similar to the Boxee Box which will be on sale soon, great in the States, lacking in content here.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
PS anyone who owns a kindle needs to be shot.

If we had a few more Wifi Hotspots, other than MCdonalds. Im sure this will be the future!

Mountune Tractor
To be fair we ran though it a while ago. Go back and read the thread.

Well it's obvious the apple feathers have been ruffled in this thread. It might have been easier to just say that in the first place Tom :rolleyes:.
Just for the record, I own apple products.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
The more I think about it, the more I see the market sector for this product.

I was talking to my dad (loves Windows, thinks Mac's are all overpriced useless tosh). He recently spent £500 on a Dell Laptop, that he uses for surfing and listening to music and the occasional word/excel document. Usually while watching the telly on the sofa. He wishes he had waited because the basic level iPad will do everything he wants to do! I get it now. I just don't need it, but want it anyway.

Most girls I know only use their computers for the internet, hence the Netbook boom. Only problem with a netbook is its probably got the same power as a iPad but is weighed down by a heavy OS. The iPad's OS is simple and not overcomplicated it just does what it needs to do.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I have a US iTunes account. ;)

That's OK for certain stuff but I'd like to see UK papers and magazines offered on a subscription basis and delivered directly to the iPad. Having said that I don't know when I last bought a magazine as everything that is printed in them I've already read online anyway!

Mountune Tractor
How does the 3G model work pricing wise? Will it be a monthly subscription or is there a port for a sim card?

Woah easy there tiger :D

No one called you a c**t. The discussion has been swinging backwards and forwards for quite a few pages now. It's just fanboys arguing with fanboys until it either gets locked, or the Apple haters finally realise they've been served. Again. Happens every time, just roll with it. Buy something made by Apple and look down your nose into the internet at all the peasants using creaky, clattery, plastic laptops to bang out posts explaining how awesome they are because their machines are cheap & nasty. It really will make you feel superior.

And look. Look! My keyboard is STILL glowing, no matter how hard I bash away at it. It's f**king epic! Machined from a solid billet of win IIRC. I wouldn't piss on your laptop if it was on fire. Which it probably will be if you accidentally block up one of the vents.

And okay, I'll add a wink ;)

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Well it's obvious the apple feathers have been ruffled in this thread. It might have been easier to just say that in the first place Tom :rolleyes:.

Just like it might have been easier to read the thread in the first place. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.