ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Event 27th Jan - Apple iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.
not really seeing the point of one tbh. I certainly don't understand why they are being made such a big deal, i guess if you get your hands on one it could be different.

do you really think its going to feel much different then an iphone

172, Tiguan
Sorry new to the thread, but, meh. So tablets fail the first time round, or to be precise never take off. Why will this work now?

I love my iPhone and I love my laptop. Why do I need a third device that seems to do the same?

Or am I missing the point? Would you be making this much fuss if it had Microsoft written on it?

It might seem 'pointless' to some but it's very far from that. For those that can afford to have iPhones/MBP's, then they'll buy it anyway because it's fairly cheap.

For the people that can't afford a MB but want the portability then it's perfect.

It rocks. The OS is awesome. Plus it's Apple. Does the back glow?

It'll sell like water in the Sahara.

Sorry new to the thread, but, meh. So tablets fail the first time round, or to be precise never take off. Why will this work now?

I love my iPhone and I love my laptop. Why do I need a third device that seems to do the same?

Or am I missing the point? Would you be making this much fuss if it had Microsoft written on it?

If you have both you don't 'need' it at all.

I still want one :approve:

Ian

Focus TDCi
It's a cheap way for people to get an Apple Notebook from what I can see. I'm tempted by it, but I'll probably end up going for a MBP I guess.

M135i
I cba to read everything, any ideas when it's out? I have no use for one, but want one. mmmm... I wont have one though. Unless when I go to the states later in the year I have some pocket money!

Titanium 182
Its already sold to someone else on here dude. ;)

Rot the duck :(

I might just order a new one, oh but then they'll bring out the updated ones. This exact thing happened when I got the iphone 3g then they brought out the 3gs. FFS

I hate waiting.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Well, it is new, so I expect they are?

Is it f**k! You've been able to get tablet's for donkeys, and they reason they aren't popular is because they have so few real uses

Of course, the Apple tards will buy one and use it twice, just so they can tell their friends in the poetry club that they have one :p

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Looking at the pictures, it's not even as funky as the HP tablets with the swivvely out keyboards! (That snap at the swivel if you drop them)

Tappd'd RS
So pleased you can connect your camera to it - big selling point for me.

There was a comment on one of the blogs about Adobe Flash - let's hope it's got it!

Ian

Focus TDCi
So pleased you can connect your camera to it - big selling point for me.

There was a comment on one of the blogs about Adobe Flash - let's hope it's got it!

Oh hello, this is what I want as well. Really hope they role out Aperture for it at some point.

Still not convinced it could replace a notebook in that respect, but I guess that's not really what it's aimed at.

Price point and portability are seemingly excellent and being able to back up and shoot tethered would make it a serious consideration though.

Watching the HP Slate video makes me laugh; they say they've had it ready for two years.. Why not spend that time wisely and make a promotional video that can compete with Apple then.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
hp don't NEED to compete with Apple, they won't sell many tablets to shiny plastic obsessed cockwombles :p

So this 'tablet' is a big phone, rather than a proper machine? LOL :D

Ian

Focus TDCi
hp don't NEED to compete with Apple, they won't sell many tablets to shiny plastic obsessed c**kwombles :p

So this 'tablet' is a big phone, rather than a proper machine? LOL :D

My point is they won't sell any if Apple come in at a reasonable price. They've apparently had long enough to develop it to a high standard, so why not market it as such?

Oh and my dabble into the Apple side of life consists of 1x Video iPod. Which has a dead battery. Doesn't mean I'm taken in by marketing, if it's useful I'll buy it, if it isn't I'll save up for a Macbook or new laptop. :)

172//Crap Micra//Bus
I like the look of it, but still dont get it. Save a few more quid, and get an iMac I think in my case.

+1

Bad show Apple.

not suprised tbh apple imo seem drip feed their customers what they want instead of pushing the boundaries

the ipod/phone could have had a radio ages ago everyone else has been offering it for years

cutting edge processors when they not going out of fashion

i

Status
Not open for further replies.