ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

172 clio track car one day

172 cup
Hi guys after a year of ownership i thought i would post something about my car. i sold my focus rs due to lack of use and bought the clio which i planned to use more never happened.

IMG_0157.jpg

The clio which was nice and cheap

80058b04.jpg

The clio came with
viper filter (now off)
stealth exhaust
cams
uprated suspension

once home it went into my garage for the belts and the odd colour wing to be changed

09e7ed61.jpg

after this it was cleaned up and wheels powderoted
94a72c19.jpg

af035543.jpg

once the car was car was cleaned up it was left in garage while i picked up some bits.

Bucket seats and sabelt steering wheel.

63cb219b.jpg

Knocked up a strut brace one night at work
8e33edf5.jpg

Vibra engine mounts were fitted and matched inlets.

i was not impressed with the inlets so thought i could maybe try something my own manifold. the match inlets were sold after been on for 2 weeks.

so i got a sf manifold + trumpets and welded on injector bosses.

e93b9224.jpg

with trumpets on
3616ac68.jpg

with fuel rail

2c2c3032.jpg

6ceffdee.jpg

I have fabricated the plenium but not got pictures at hand but it'sready to weld together.

This is where i am now with the car. I am sure there is bits i have missed which i will add later. This as far from a mint car the now but with time it will get there. This really just a toy so looking to have somefun.

172 cup
Just going to see how it ends up. I have a decat and shortshift sitting here ready to go on. Hope to get a cage into it in the future and strip it out. All just depends on how much time I get to spend on it.

172 turbo 'cup'
looks good top quality for trying your own manifold hope you get it to work well with the car

172 cup
Fair play for having a go at making your own manifold but I have a feeling that you'll end up with a slower car/less bhp.

Nick

You have got to try. This is something really of a hobby so no pressure just got to hope for good results.

All these cars are very similar so little things like the manifold makes it your own.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Looking good mate. Loving the RS!

Do you know where you are getting it mapped yet and are you going aftermarket on the ecu?

172 cup
Looking good mate. Loving the RS!

Do you know where you are getting it mapped yet and are you going aftermarket on the ecu?

Cheers mate. The rs was nice 300bhp it went well. But after 5 years of owning it i had only done 16000miles so i thought i would let it go. First guy who seen it bought it within a week of being on net.

Not sorted anything about mapping yet. Don't think i will really need a aftermarket ecu just yet. But if one comes along at a good price maybe. Where are you going for mapping??? Going to try and put car away over the winter to do a few bits so see who can map it once it's ready.

Megane r26
nice progress dude, an that rs looked mint. Fairplay with manifold an top marks for having ago, certainly looking forward to seeing more.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Cheers mate. The rs was nice 300bhp it went well. But after 5 years of owning it i had only done 16000miles so i thought i would let it go. First guy who seen it bought it within a week of being on net.

Not sorted anything about mapping yet. Don't think i will really need a aftermarket ecu just yet. But if one comes along at a good price maybe. Where are you going for mapping??? Going to try and put car away over the winter to do a few bits so see who can map it once it's ready.

Going to EFI-parts as it is the adaptronic ecu I have and they are one of the few if only place in the UK that can map it. They are down in Cheshire though. I had considered Performance HQ and spoke to Russ Paton who said he should be able to map it but I need a custom loom too that is compatible with the OE loom.

Still might change my mind and go Omex or something else.

Looking forward to seeing your mani fitted.

172 cup
Put the car away for winter today so the manifold can be done. Also fixed the starting problem. Was good to have a drive in it as its the first it been moved in a month.

On it's bed for the winter.

ea464265.jpg

Also sat the inlet on just to check for space and to size up.

049adc0f.jpg

BMW 330ci sp/ 172Cup
Good luck with the manifold. It's nice to someone have a go making their own stuff :)

If you cant do it on a car thats "a bit of a hobby" then when will you ever? Go for it I say.

172 cup
Ok small update car is still on the ramp looking very dusty now first i have been to see it in six weeks. I have been to busy doing welding jobs for people and ant made it round to the workshop.
Quick shift fitted was easy enough.The throw is very short now it was one of those ones from the turkish guy. It has the fully gear leaver not just the shortened pin. Looked a good bit of kit for £40. Not had it on the road yet as it ant left the farm nor the ramp yet for a test.
Fitted the decat also which turned out to be a joke. i bought one off i guy through ebay for £30 which turned out to be a waste of time as it was 75mm short. So it has now been modified to fit now thinking it was a waste of cash as it's loud and i could of just knocked it up in the first place. But lesson learned there.

Manifold still in shed just waiting on new welder to arrive to complete it. Got to have a job to use it on after spending cash on it so the manifold can be a test for the new machine.

172 cup
Small update

Started again on the car today after having it for sale i have lost interest in it and could do with my garage back.

Continued on with the manifold and have made a catch tank also.

fa6bd113.jpg

78c089af.jpg

Still have to finish it off pipes/sensors throttle body may get time tomorrow.

RS2'd Trophy
looks good but id be tempted to make the plenum a little larger and shaped, heres my RS2 theres no reason why it cant be an awesome homefab part its basically an alloy RS2!

DSC02777.jpg

172 cup
I have been thinking of changing the end to a taper but just getting it together first and running again. I have made 2 plenums but went for this one first. Needing to get a filter now to finish it off. It is very similar to the rs2 just needs a bit more work. but it as said not finished yet.

RS2'd Trophy
I have been thinking of changing the end to a taper but just getting it together first and running again. I have made 2 plenums but went for this one first. Needing to get a filter now to finish it off. It is very similar to the rs2 just needs a bit more work. but it as said not finished yet.

Looking forward to this!

it maybe an option for all the boosted folks as it will be a better option than the std inlets aswell.

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus

great work and really love the rather make it than buy way of doing things :)
how hard was it to make the plenums??

Clio
Great work! really looking forward to seeing home the home made manifold turns out, get it finished, mapped and on the rollers!

172 cup
great work and really love the rather make it than buy way of doing things :)
how hard was it to make the plenums??

Cheers. you have to make a car your own.

The plenums are very easy to make just a box some holes and welded up.

Thanks guys for your feed back.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Getting there. Just had some snags to overcome.

It's times like this that I wish I could weld as nothings a standard fit.

172 cup
Getting there. Just had some snags to overcome.

It's times like this that I wish I could weld as nothings a standard fit.

Give me a shout if you need anything made just bought alu tig machine now so thats me got all machines for all metals. Also have access to a box and pan folder which is handy for tanks.

172 cup, Impreza P1
Might have to take you up on that one mate. Need a link pipe made to join the down pipe the the midsection of the exhaust.

Got all the material but needs welded together. Obviously there will be plenty of beer tokens in it for you! Lol

172 cup
Ok guys had bit of time today and done a bit to the manifold.

so here it is

058e2e2a.jpg

e77712b2.jpg

Fitted to the car now just waiting on some hoses and a few bolts

cfe3959c.jpg

79cfda72.jpg

breather can i knocked up as well.

Not all finished yet but getting there.

172 cup
Fits bang on made a small tapper on bottom front edge to allow for the fan. So it can go on any Clio with out any other mods.