ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.5 DCI 100 or 1.6 16v?

Nothing at the mo :(
just looked on autotrader, and its crazy how expensive these diesels are!! looking at 5k for a good one

Easily.

dCi = 130bhp & 190ftlb's with a remap
1.6 is 110 standard? Trying to squeeze any more power out of that is difficult - unless you go throttle bodies etc...

IIRC dCi100's were as much as 182's brand new when spec'd up.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
theres someone on here who had a dci100... said he had it remapped to 125bhp and 200 torque iirc..... apparently it kept pace with his missus 1.6 clio... which got me thinking 'i want a dci' lol. if i had the chance to swap for a dci 100 i would like

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
at the end of the day its up to u but i wud race a 1.5 dci any day and be sure to win, at the end of the day its a diesel they are s**t off the line they are only half decent in 50-70 and well my mate has got a 1.7 di corsa and i fuckin piss over that. petrol wise i am doin bout 34.2 mpg, but my 207 was doin 31 and 34 for a petrol is good and doesnt use that much fuel, decion is up to u imo 1.6 ftw f**k diesels...

FLOL!!

A Corsa 1.7 di is an absolute heap of s**t. a 1.2 Clio will probably leave one standing.

Clio 182 Replica
yeah but mine is a 182 replica so its got all the sporty exhausts etc so i was expecting bad mpg, its not standard at all, 182 bumpers lowered, custom alloys, tbf i love my car i think its a fast nippy thing till i can insure somehting faster, slate it all u want but u will never change my mind, petrol over diesel anyday. and civic type r over 182 / 197's anyday. and why wud i want to not race off the line my 0-60 is better than my top end because of how light the car is.. the diesel would have s**t 0-60..

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
yeah but mine is a 182 replica so its got all the sporty exhausts etc so i was expecting bad mpg, its not standard at all, 182 bumpers lowered, custom alloys, tbf i love my car i think its a fast nippy thing till i can insure somehting faster, slate it all u want but u will never change my mind, petrol over diesel anyday. and civic type r over 182 / 197's anyday. and why wud i want to not race off the line my 0-60 is better than my top end because of how light the car is.. the diesel would have s**t 0-60..

Can we not turn this into an argument over which is better, im looking for decent advise based on day to day use and what, for a student of 19 would get more from.

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF

love it when a prick arrives

soon to be 182 ;)
how much is insurance on a 172 or 182 for you? cos tbh people are getting 40 mpg out of them cant be much different to your 1.2??

Insurance is ridiculous for 1*2's.

I just got a quote for £1400 - 19 with 2 years ncb & top postcode.
Whereas it's like £700 for a dCi - still not great, mind..

tbh mate dont listen to these people, i was in the same boat as u im 19 i had a 1.4 207s and i wanted an upgrade so i bought a 1.6 16v clio, its sweet power is nice where u need it ive had it up at 115 easily, beaten a 2.0 diesel mondeo, tbf there fast little cars and cheap to insure, there is alot of difference between a 1.2 and a 1.6 only crackheads wud think otherwise, believe me ive done the swap it wasnt a waste of money and i love my clio, re-map it, induction kit, new manifold and ur away with about 120~ bhp, thats all u really need until u can afford to insure a 197 or like a civic type r make the change it is worth it, fast fun cars :)

Please be quiet, you're embarrassing yourself.

As someone already said, a petrol Clio that isn't an RS doesn't make sense IMO, that's coming from an ex 1.2 owner. DCis are quicker, cheaper to run, easier to get more power from them and they're just as much fun to chuck around as the petrol options.

Also as someone else said PM Martin, he'll go on about DCis all day if you let him lol

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
tbh mate dont listen to these people, i was in the same boat as u im 19 i had a 1.4 207s and i wanted an upgrade so i bought a 1.6 16v clio, its sweet power is nice where u need it ive had it up at 115 easily, beaten a 2.0 diesel mondeo, tbf there fast little cars and cheap to insure, there is alot of difference between a 1.2 and a 1.6 only crackheads wud think otherwise, believe me ive done the swap it wasnt a waste of money and i love my clio, re-map it, induction kit, new manifold and ur away with about 120~ bhp, thats all u really need until u can afford to insure a 197 or like a civic type r make the change it is worth it, fast fun cars :)

FLOL!!

120d M Sport
IMO, keep the 1.2 until you can afford an RS. Stepping stone cars are a waste of money, imo. Might as well save until you can afford what you really want.

I disagree!

I had a Fiesta Zetec S that was supposed to be my stepping stone to a 172, loved that and had some great fun with it!

I still can't get insured on an RS so I've now got a 106 GTI which has made another nice step up.

By the time I get a 172 I'll have had experience of two great cars!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member

Lol?

Jeezo, dude go out and drive both, weigh up the pro and cons of each then make your decision on what you think.

It's you that has to live with it day to day.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Jeezo, dude go out and drive both, weigh up the pro and cons of each then make your decision on what you think.

It's you that has to live with it day to day.

Id like to find a 1.6 and dci 100 to test drive, but it's finding a couple, 1.6 isn't to hard but I've had a look about and the 100's seem abit hard to come by. My Mum owns a MK3 1.5 106bhp dci SX, which I've driven and is quite a fun little drive, with plenty of power for what I'm looking for. so Ive got an idea. However, for now I'm going to keep my 1.2 16v, putting it on coilovers in the new year, then possibly during or after summer I'm going to have a start looking for a dci 100? and maybe get it remapped, put it on coilovers and fit my current wheels, sell my exhaust. Job done. Possible plan anyway, no doubt it will change, but I've swayed towards getting a dci over a 1.6 petrol to be honest, seems alot more affordable and I like the idea of a re-map possibly gaining about 25bhp, rather than splashing a s**t load on a 1.6 for similar gains.

185lb/ft dCi
dci100 > 1.6 imo. I got my dci65 to see me through college and uni due to it being such a cheap car to maintain, i've had it over 4 years and i'm in full time employment now and i've still got it! Granted it has 100hp now because of a couple of modifications, but still, think i'll be hanging onto it for another year yet! Here's to cheap and enjoyable motoring!

Last edited:
  DCi 100
Come to a North West meet next year and I'll happily take you out in my 100, should have the remap by then aswell.

I'm sure Christopher mentioned something about getting down to London for a meet in the NW section. May be down that end at some point!

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Come to a North West meet next year and I'll happily take you out in my 100, should have the remap by then aswell.

I'm sure Christopher mentioned something about getting down to London for a meet in the NW section. May be down that end at some point!

Im down south though mate in Hampshire, lol

Clio 182 Replica
A Chav prick at that...

"Yeahbutnobut my car will fkn proper 'av your car right over twice innit??"

Spare me... :cool:

Probably driving a 1.2 with a big tailpipe. ;)

obviously thinks hes funny ^ (so i wud l lie about the car i've got? i dont think so... im not that sad and pathetic)

im not arguing with anyone on here im just sayin it how it is, at the end of the day what else u gona insure at 19 with 2 years ncb for under £1000 which is nippy?, i know what my car is and what it can do. im not a "chavprick" just becuase im not slating the 1.6, at the end of the day its what it is, petrol cars are faster than diesels END OF, especially before u get to 2.0L..

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
obviously thinks hes funny ^ (so i wud l lie about the car i've got? i dont think so... im not that sad and pathetic)

im not arguing with anyone on here im just sayin it how it is, at the end of the day what else u gona insure at 19 with 2 years ncb for under £1000 which is nippy?, i know what my car is and what it can do. im not a "chavprick" just becuase im not slating the 1.6, at the end of the day its what it is, petrol cars are faster than diesels END OF, especially before u get to 2.0L..

Utter utter b****cks. It's not as black and white as that.

Clio dCi65 Dynamique

Seriously - I couldnt give a shite how "fast" your car is or what you are going to do about your micropenis? If I want to go fast I have two motorcycles in my garage which will quite happily leave your "replica" a few miles behind, this thread is about how suitable a dCi or a 1.6 petrol is for the chap who started it,NOT some Tesosterone fuelled my-car-is-like-well-better-than-your-car-innit ranting...

Stay on subject please, you're not helping yourself. ;)

320d
I'd go for the dci. They're really good from my experience. If I was to go for a non sport Clio it would be a dci.

Clio 182 Replica
Seriously - I couldnt give a shite how "fast" your car is or what you are going to do about your micropenis? If I want to go fast I have two motorcycles in my garage which will quite happily leave your "replica" a few miles behind, this thread is about how suitable a dCi or a 1.6 petrol is for the chap who started it,NOT some Tesosterone fuelled my-car-is-like-well-better-than-your-car-innit ranting...

Stay on subject please, you're not helping yourself. ;)

i havent been saying "oh my cars rapid w/e" he said which car is better and i was expressin my opinions at the end of the day its a 1.6... then every1 was flaming me callin me a chav c**t w/e i dont giv a s**t lol

Clio dCi65 Dynamique
"at the end of the day its up to u but i wud race a 1.5 dci any day and be sure to win, at the end of the day its a diesel they are s**t off the line they are only half decent in 50-70 and well my mate has got a 1.7 di corsa and i f**kin piss over that. petrol wise i am doin bout 34.2 mpg, but my 207 was doin 31 and 34 for a petrol is good and doesnt use that much fuel, decion is up to u imo 1.6 ftw f**k diesels..."

You

ARE

a Chav C***.

Deal with it. You probably hang out at McDonalds looking for 1 litre cars you might be able to overtake.

Children like you give the Mod scene a bad name...

Clio 182 Replica
Wrong, once again. Not quite as straightforward as that.

wrong once again? i dont see me being wrong a first time as its MY opionion... im not saying how fast mine is lol in general pretrol cars are faster lol every1 knows this lol

Clio 182 Replica
"at the end of the day its up to u but i wud race a 1.5 dci any day and be sure to win, at the end of the day its a diesel they are s**t off the line they are only half decent in 50-70 and well my mate has got a 1.7 di corsa and i f**kin piss over that. petrol wise i am doin bout 34.2 mpg, but my 207 was doin 31 and 34 for a petrol is good and doesnt use that much fuel, decion is up to u imo 1.6 ftw f**k diesels..."

You

ARE

a Chav C***.

Deal with it. You probably hang out at McDonalds looking for 1 litre cars you might be able to overtake.

Children like you give the Mod scene a bad name...

and u can go f**k urself dickhead, im not a chav and am far from it.... i have a life i dont sit in mass groups in carparks....

UR 197
dci 100's are mint , my friend has one
and i'd agree with most people on this thread, you should wait until you can afford a CS, saves spending money on a 1.6 which won't be near as good as a RS..
if you cant wait though go for the dci 100 :)

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Ok, seems the dci is the winner then.

And children please stop arguing, save it for PM's, not this thread.

Not a 320d
and u can go f**k urself dickhead, im not a chav and am far from it.... i have a life i dont sit in mass groups in carparks....

Well then youre definately not a chav........

I hate diesels, they stink, and they are heavy, the only diesel I drive and think wow actually this isnt bad is the new 330d which in all fairness pulls well even above 80. I drive various BMW's some of which are diesels, I have to admit that motorway wise, the 320d I drive pulls well, 5th gear, 70mph...overtake....done, and that has 187,000 miles on it with its second clutch and gearbox. 0 - 60 is just as boring as my GT. With mine I have to drop it down into 4th and rev the tits off it. The 330d pulls really well, good torque delivery and it seems to pull well when you get the revs going even, thats also fairly quiet too.

The torque is nice, but by f**k id never buy a diesel unless I was commuting big BIG mileage. There are benefits like torque and great mpg, but the lack of revs, smell and noise and ability to carry power up to the top of the rev range would royally piss me off. Everytime I get back into my GT I think thank f**k.

Liquid Yellow 182 FF
Well then youre definately not a chav........

I hate diesels, they stink, and they are heavy, the only diesel I drive and think wow actually this isnt bad is the new 330d which in all fairness pulls well even above 80. I drive various BMW's some of which are diesels, I have to admit that motorway wise, the 320d I drive pulls well, 5th gear, 70mph...overtake....done, and that has 187,000 miles on it with its second clutch and gearbox. 0 - 60 is just as boring as my GT. With mine I have to drop it down into 4th and rev the tits off it. The 330d pulls really well, good torque delivery and it seems to pull well when you get the revs going even, thats also fairly quiet too.

The torque is nice, but by f**k id never buy a diesel unless I was commuting big BIG mileage. There are benefits like torque and great mpg, but the lack of revs, smell and noise and ability to carry power up to the top of the rev range would royally piss me off. Everytime I get back into my GT I think thank f**k.

Just so you know, im talking about mk2 1.6 16v not the 126bhp GT.

Not a 320d
Its still the same engine, i dont care if it has an extra (Claimed) 28bhp. Its just as fast to 60, if not slower.