ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

1.2 16v engine swap renault clio

2 clios 2003,2004
Looking for a bit of advice, I have an 8v 1.2 2004 clio and a 2003 16v clio, the body work and chassis of the 16v are really bad but the engine is sound, the 8v engine is shot but chassis and body work is immaculate, would I need to switch over ecu and loom or is it just a straight swap. I have got all the tools required to do the swap so not concerned about the time it'll take to do it. Cheers

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
easy swap, engine loom, engine and box, ECU & UCH

EDIT: actually might require a dash loom too, check and see if the 1.2 8v is a cable throttle and will have the different dials with the screen in the middle where your ph2 16v will have the small screen down the bottom right??

2 clios 2003,2004
easy swap, engine loom, engine and box, ECU & UCH

EDIT: actually might require a dash loom too, check and see if the 1.2 8v is a cable throttle and will have the different dials with the screen in the middle where your ph2 16v will have the small screen down the bottom right??
Perfect thank you, will double check all this,