ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Gearbox from Megane 2.0 16V in Clio 2?

Clio Alize 1.4 8v
Hi, a follow-up question to my last thread. I've currently got a 2001 Clio 2 1.4 8v, and I'm in South Africa where 172s and 182s are virtually non-existent. South Africa did however get the 2.0 16V F4R in the Megane, more specifically the 770 variant with 136bhp.

My question is more related to the ND0014 6-speed gearbox that came with the Megane in the 2.0 variant. Would anyone know if it fits in a Clio 2? Both in terms of gearbox mounts and also whether the gear linkage will work with the shifter and whether or not the driveshafts will be lined up correctly and fit in my hubs (if not in the 8v hubs, then I can also swap 16v hubs in).

I only ask because I know the 172/182 came with the JC5 gearbox and I know that would obviously fit in my car (but most likely impossible to find here), and I'm not sure how similar the ND0014 gearbox is.

Clio Rsi
Hola, una pregunta complementaria a mi último hilo. Actualmente tengo un Clio 2 1.4 8v 2001 y estoy en Sudáfrica, donde los 172 y 182 son prácticamente inexistentes. Sin embargo, Sudáfrica consiguió el 2.0 16V F4R en el Mégane, más concretamente la variante 770 con 136 CV.

Mi pregunta está más relacionada con la caja de cambios de 6 velocidades ND0014 que venía con el Megane en la variante 2.0. ¿Alguien sabría si cabe en un Clio 2? Tanto en términos de soportes de la caja de cambios como si el varillaje del engranaje funcionará con la palanca de cambios y si los ejes de transmisión estarán alineados correctamente y encajarán en mis bujes (si no en los bujes de 8v, también puedo cambiar los bujes de 16v) .

Solo pregunto porque sé que el 172/182 vino con la caja de cambios JC5 y sé que obviamente encajaría en mi auto (pero probablemente sea imposible encontrarlo aquí), y no estoy seguro de qué tan similar es la caja de cambios ND0014.
Hola, no deberias colocar la caja de cambios del megane, las carcazas de ambas cajas son diferentes y al ser de 6 velocidades es mas larga, entonces tenes que cortar el chasis del auto, selectora a cable de megane y acortar los cables

Clio Alize 1.4 8v
Hello, you should not install the Megane gearbox, the casings of both boxes are different and since it is 6 speed it is longer, so you have to cut the car chassis, Megane cable selector and shorten the cables
Thank you for responding, Nahuel_RSi. I believed the gearboxes would be different, but I wanted to make sure. Which gearbox can I use with the F4R 770 from the Megane 2 if I put it in a Clio 2? I know the JC5 should work but I don't think there will be any available in South Africa.

Clio Rsi
Thank you for responding, Nahuel_RSi. I believed the gearboxes would be different, but I wanted to make sure. Which gearbox can I use with the F4R 770 from the Megane 2 if I put it in a Clio 2? I know the JC5 should work but I don't think there will be any available in South Africa.
Disculpa creo que antes me expresé mal.
Deberías colocar la caja del Megane, las cajas jc5 no son compatibles con los bloques de motor que utilizan caja de cambios de 6 velocidades.

Las cajas compatibles con el Megane son
Dacia Duster/OROCH F4R (TRACCIÓN SIMPLE)
RENAULT FLUENCE (F4R)
RENAULT CAPTUR (F4R)

No tengo los códigos de cada caja de cambios pero son todas de 6 velocidades.

Clio Alize 1.4 8v
Sorry, I think I expressed myself wrong before. You should fit the Megane box, the jc5 boxes are not compatible with engine blocks that use a 6-speed gearbox. The boxes compatible with the Megane are Dacia Duster/OROCH F4R (SINGLE DRIVE) RENAULT FLUENCE (F4R) RENAULT CAPTUR (F4R) I don't have the codes for each gearbox but they are all 6 speeds.
So the ND0014 gearbox from the Megane 2 will work in a Clio 2? If I have to cut the chassis, won't the driveshafts be in the wrong place (too far forward or backwards) to go into the Clio steering knuckles?

Clio Alize 1.4 8v
Deberías colocar la caja del Megane, las cajas jc5 no son compatibles con los bloques de motor que utilizan caja de cambios de 6 velocidades.

RENAULT FLUENCE (F4R)
RENAULT CAPTUR (F4R)

Just to be sure we are not confusing generations, I'm talking about this Megane:
image_2023-12-28_021432261.png

Clio Alize 1.4 8v
So the ND0014 gearbox from the Megane 2 will work in a Clio 2? If I have to cut the chassis, won't the driveshafts be in the wrong place (too far forward or backwards) to go into the Clio steering knuckles?

RENAULT FLUENCE (F4R)
RENAULT CAPTUR (F4R)

And I want the engine and gearbox from that Megane in my Clio that looks like this (but mine has 1.4 8-valve):
1136px-1998_renault_clio_grande_1.2_front.jpg

alexandre.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio K4T
And I want the engine and gearbox from that Megane in my Clio that looks like this (but mine has 1.4 8-valve):
View attachment 1673903

Hi,

You can use the JB3 or JC5 gearbox, less things to adapt but you will need align the gearbox with the engine block and make new fixing points on the engine block
And you will need a engine flywheel from scenic/megane mk1 f4r, clucth you can use the clio 1.6 ones if you keep the engine stock

Clio Alize 1.4 8v
Hi,

You can use the JB3 or JC5 gearbox, less things to adapt but you will need align the gearbox with the engine block and make new fixing points on the engine block
And you will need a engine flywheel from scenic/megane mk1 f4r, clucth you can use the clio 1.6 ones if you keep the engine stock
Thank you for this info. Sounds like just getting a K4M 1.6 16V engine would be a lot less work and still a large upgrade over my current 75hp 1.4 8v engine. As it turns out, the K4M is very plentiful here in South Africa even though the Clio never came with it. Other than the Meganes, Scenics, Modus's and other Renault cars, the K4M also came in the Nissan NP200:
25125136.jpg

a0135_IDe1b2f07e-7a52-4d90-869c-198302f32a20_thumb.jpg

It looks very familiar under the bonnet of this thing, even the strut towers look like a Clio. The fusebox also looks identical. I just hope the ECU in here works with my UCH.