ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Z4 - Perfect No More (Being fixed so it's all OK (Courtesy post#149))

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
If you have your car back just eave the car and keys somewhere and tell them to pick it up. Or did I just miss the point. Leave the car at the garage when you pick yours up?

If the car isn't ready you don't have to give the car back. It's not your fault!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You're a spaz Kev...

lol!!!

I am going away to the lakes for a week, I need a car to drive there.

If mine isn't ready by Friday, I'm fucked.

They have said the courtesy car must be returned within twenty four hours of mine being finished, so that means I'd have to drive back from the lakes to drop the car off and pick mine up.

They won't comment on whether than can waiver this or not "because the car is supposed to be finished".

You see? A pickle, yes?

330i. E30 Touring.
I wouldn't be taking it anywhere unless it's perfect and as you're happy with.

Should you take it away, they've got a potential comeback..

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Catch 22. I'd tell them to hold off finishing it should the company phone but then again you need to drive the pile of s**t on a great driving road.

Or if there are problems point them out and explain you need the car just now so can't leave it yet.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

I did think that Mike, but from the date the bodyshop declare it "done" to the insurance, my courtesy is no longer mine, any problems from there are with the body shop and it'd be up to them to supply me with a car... ridiculous IMO.

Catch 22. I'd tell them to hold off finishing it should the company phone but then again you need to drive the pile of s**t on a great driving road.

Or if there are problems point them out and explain you need the car just now so can't leave it yet.

That's what I plan to do Kev, go over the car with a fine tooth comb before driving off, point out anything I'm not happy with, explain I need the car for a week and will be returning when I'm back from holiday.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

Unfortunately, Budge is right.

I know from personal experience. Once you drive away from the workshop/bodyshop, you risk it.

As sh*t as it sounds, I'd rather let them do a proper job and collect it after the holiday in the Lakes. Negotiate a longer term with the Audi.

AK

M240i
Surely if he gets problems drawn up and signed by the body shop with agreement that they fix these issues (and only these issues) on his return it should be reet?

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Surely if he gets problems drawn up and signed by the body shop with agreement that they fix these issues (and only these issues) on his return it should be reet?

Too risky. The car stays put until it's sorted.

I've been stung before doing exactly what you describe there.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'll be very careful with how I handle it. If I decide to take it and have something rectified after, I'll be getting it writing on headed paper etc and inform the insurance of the same thing.

I believe the body shop gives out Citroen C1's so I really won't be doing 400 motorway miles in that.

It's not the best situation, but having spoke to the bodyshop on numerous occasions I'm pretty confident in their ability.

Mini Cooper S sport
I didn't even know this had happened! (I don't venture into the other forums much)

So gutted for you and I hope it works out x

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
If you plan on taking the car and having things rectified at a later date take pictures of them BEFORE you drive out of the body shop. This will be proof that you did not cause the problem/make it worse by taking the car.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
There seems to be a lot of fretting and fuss over what would happen IF there is an issue with the repairs. Any REPUTABLE bodyshop will have a pretty thorough inspection process that the car will be subject to before it is handed back to the customer.
Unfortunately this doesn't always take into consideration the possibility that the customer is that much dreaded type....a FORUM USER who will more often than not, take the definition of 'satisfied' to another level!

In terms of colour matching, unfortunately not everyone realises that nearly all colours will differ between a plastic and a metal - i.e a bumper to wing or bonnet, so if you notice a colour issue on the side that has been repaired, check the other side for a similar difference.

Our policy is that if a customer takes a car away from us and returns it within a reasonable period of time with an issue then we will attempt to rectify the issue, free of charge.
If there is a paint issue within a year (i.e should lacquer peel etc) then our own warranty will cover it.
IF you have any valid issues with repair quality after you have left them they should still rectify without protest at a later date.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just got a phone call, it's now Friday/Saturday... f**k SAKE.

If it isn't ready I can take the Audi it seems, but on a holiday where my actual favourite part is the driving, it'll half ruin it for me. Mega sad :-(

FFS posted at the same time as you Ollie.

All of the painted panels are metal I believe mate, so that shouldn't be A problem, I've got no intention of being a knob about things, just want it back as it went away really.

I was going to ask, with soft tops do you have to cover the thing up proper carefully at the risk of getting overspray on the fabric etc???

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
If they have painted it with the soft top up then yes, it will have been well covered during the masking process but I wouldn't be suprised if the hood was folded away. The car will be entirely covered in a static charged plastic sheeting with only the painted areas left uncovered.

Either way, it'll be fine.

Oh and the front bumper is plastic Rob....and im assuming it has been painted judging by the damage?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If they have painted it with the soft top up then yes, it will have been well covered during the masking process but I wouldn't be suprised if the hood was folded away. The car will be entirely covered in a static charged plastic sheeting with only the painted areas left uncovered.

Either way, it'll be fine.

Oh and the front bumper is plastic Rob....and im assuming it has been painted judging by the damage?

Front bumper took the tiniest knock over, so yes that's being blended in, thanks for the clarification, just curious on how they handle soft tops differently.

the lower skirt area is also plastic :)

I did wonder, but the way it dented made it look like metal? Very odd.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
deffinately plastic, you should see it bend then you try and put the car on a 2 post ramp... no cool haha

TTRS & V50
Too risky. The car stays put until it's sorted.

I've been stung before doing exactly what you describe there.

Never heard of that before.

I've dropped plenty of cars off at night over the winter. Are the customers fooked ? Nope.

Any problems with the car doesn't matter how long the list then the bodyshop will sort out, pending it's their fault. But yes you will unfortunately get a bodyshop courtesy car as it's nothing to do with insurance.

Paint warranty is like 3-5 years at least.

If it was me and the finish date was before you went away, I'd pick it up have a quick 'glance' over, take it on the trip, do your business then if you come across any problems take it back once you get back. Yes, you might get a C1, but at least you don't have to drive a "dreaded diesel", in the lakes.

P.S IF you do take it back, please don't say there's stone chips in the front bumper, lolz.