ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yozzasport cat back looking to go decat but what one?

clio sport cup 182
well recently brought myself a 182 cup
:D
already came with a yozza sport cat back exhaust but im looking to go decat

should i just buy a yozza decat? or will a scorpion decat or a egay decat fit with out no trouble?

any comments / advice would be great

thanks

MK Indy Hayabusa
I have the same exhaust with a Milltek de-cat.....it is LOUD so be sure you want lots of noise, I am considering a sport cat instead to quieten it a bit.

It is hard to drive even gently around town with making a right racket, which isnt really my scene!!

So if you like loud then it sounds great but buy some earplugs :)

Clio 197
cheers for the replys anyone got any more information on what scott.p said?

as long as its for a 182 i.e straight and not for a 172 i.e kinked then you will be fine. A big clue apart from the model (172/182) is the price, 182 decats are much cheaper

ph1 172
I have just had a silenced decat made (a 110mmx300mm silencer) and yes its louder than the cat but I don't think too loud, and I am quite fussy. It takes away that annoying whistle and only really gives more rasp. Still a pretty crisp note, fairly similar to when the cat is in.
HTH

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Silenced decat - I have a YS, did have a silenced decat on but took off for MoT and I really liked it. Wasn't much difference from standard cat, bar 5k plus.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Scott.P is right, the original Renault cat has a slight kink, and AFAIK only the YS decat pipe replicates this. Without the kink, the exhaust doesn't sit 100% correctly, IIRC.