ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yozza fitted

Just had a yozza fitted to my 182 with a custom center section but it doesn't sound right. Not like a yozza I have ever heard. What could it be ?
Stupid post I no but it's annoying me.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Just had a yozza fitted to my 182 with a custom center section but it doesn't sound right. Not like a yozza I have ever heard. What could it be ?
Stupid post I no but it's annoying me.

Have you been in a car with a yozza fitted or just heard videos?

They are way too loud for my liking, the new one not so much iirc

decat or no decat? rear seats or no rear seats?

I run the original Yozza with back seats in, no droning here. If you take the seats out its much louder so could be that.

I hear with decat its crazy loud. My Yozza has a straight through centre section.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
As you know . Yozzas don't come with a centre box as standard . Maybe having the custom centre box has changed the note of the exhaust ? Mines standard , with Cat in place and doesn't drone .

I have back seats in. The custom center pipe is straight through with no silencers and 2.5" with a decat. Could it just be the center pipe

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
A centre box " is " a silencer . That's why cars have them fitted as standard , to quieten the exhaust along with the back box .

So what you're saying is . You've had a decat fitted , which is a straight through piece of pipe and another straight through piece of pipe attached to that :S , then that's attached to the original yozza exhaust ? A decat will always make it slightly louder . It did when i had mine fitted to my Yozza anyway .

If you could get some pics it would probably help to explain exactly what you've had done to your exhaust .

Yeh decat then a straight through pipe with no boxes untill the yozza backbox. It is to loud for me i recon haha. May put the cat back on

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Yeh decat then a straight through pipe with no boxes untill the yozza backbox. It is to loud for me i recon haha. May put the cat back on

In your original post it sounded like you'd put on a decat and then had an additional straight through pipe in the centre . That's how they come as standard , with no centre box . Yozzas can be loud with a decat , i just used to turn my music up louder lol ;)

My yozza is really loud below 2.5k rpm. Seems to quieten down in the car under heavy load and then get noisy again at top end. Thought the yozza would have a bit more "rasp" to it, which makes me wonder if i should get the cat sleeved

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
My yozza is really loud below 2.5k rpm. Seems to quieten down in the car under heavy load and then get noisy again at top end. Thought the yozza would have a bit more "rasp" to it, which makes me wonder if i should get the cat sleeved

They do have a bit of rasp to them , not overly so though in my experience . People only usually get theirs sleeved when they have persistent problems with the olive joint from the cat to the centre pipe blowing . Having that done won't make it more raspy . If it's blowing from the joint you'll know about it because it'll be louder than it should be .

Mk1 yozza with cat is the perfect exhaust. I love mine!

Hoonigan when you want. No drone on the motorway. Perfect combo.

[video=youtube_share;30G0ESifwCk]http://youtu.be/30G0ESifwCk[/video]
[video=youtube_share;LjSTalQoM6A]http://youtu.be/LjSTalQoM6A[/video]

Ive put the cat back on now. Was well to loud. Not even a nice loud.
May sell it soon if anyone is interested ?