ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your first phone

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
there u go, still got the brick and pager! found the old phillips C12 that i found on the main road too! gone are the days of almost indestructable phones!
View attachment 24585

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
The 628... First phone with changable covers I do believe... :cool:

erga628b.gif

I jumpped the T10 and went to the T28....

ert28sb.gif

Then it was Nokia all the way... to my N95

Lotus Elise 111R
Check this baby out...my first was the original Sony Mars Bar, probably alot of won't even remember it, but it was only 1995.... Exactly the same size as a mars bar ( although they were bigger back then!!!) and state of the art....

Anyway, no texting back then, no caller ID, no games, just a phone with 3 speed dials and nothing else...

marsbar1.jpg

Cutting edge though...you answered by sliding the grey ear-piece up didn't you?

The very one! It was a quality phone compared to the others at the time, had to pay a bot for it back then as well, not like today with free upgrades!!

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Eriksson's had clicks as well as tones for keypad tones iirc?
my next door neighbour still has a T28

Nez

White Megane R26 F1 230
1996 i got one of these

no2110b.gif

but before that i had a

motorola_lx2plus.JPG

oooo the coolness

:eek: I forgot about my pager!! Those were cool!

You had to speak to an actual person and they would dictate your message... lmao!

And I got the footy results on a Saturday!! :D

a9dd_1.jpg

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
I had a motorola brick in 89, stand by was 24 hrs and talk was 20 odd mins lol
Looked similar to this
2912_MotImage.jpg

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Mine was this, the nokia nk502.

nok502.jpg

The phone from the matrix (way before the matrix came out though).

2003 MR2 Roadster
NOKIA 1611 I think

noki1611.gif

Would not fit in a pocket, needed to be clipped to the old belt lol

I had a low-spec BT version of this, called the 101 I think.

Had no letters on the keys, and you could only store 10 numbers in the memory without names.

Battery was good for 30 mins talk time when brand new. 12 months on and one day on standby was all it could manage.

Massive.

I had a 101 too!!..It must have been approx 1990 as I was 18 years old. No-on else I knew had a mobile then - it was about £1 a minute to make calls. I remember once my mum called me whilst I was in a supermarket and everyone was just staring at me..I felt like a playboy millionaire..haha

Old Skool rules

FIAT PANDA 100HP!!!!
first phone was a phillips diga, payg. my girlf at the time had a phillips savvy i think, but it was one of the dodgy sims that got free txts by some jiggery pokery....
then my first contract phone was a 5110, with yellow xpress on cover.
had various others over the years, (quite a phone wh**e), including ericcson flip with changable covers, 5210, 6260, then SE's for me for a while until my SE k810i let me down so back on nokias boat with my n73

Last edited:
My first phone was an Ericsson (way before the Sony tie-in) EH237. It was analogue, which meant the battery lasted 8 hours standby max. Line rental was £25pcm and calls were 25p per minute inside the M25. No free minutes, no texts (at all).

My first was the Motorola V100, great for texting and ahead of it's time in some areas, but useless for calls as you had to wear the headset.

motorola_v100.jpg

Golf GTI 1.8T

I had that, or very similar when I was 12, the front was all blue though. Was a good phone, and small compared to its rivals at the time.

and even I remember when all txts were free on all networks to any network!!

Formally Clio 182
I got my first ever mobile phone the year when Vodafone released Pay as you go. It was 1996 and I was 12 years old!!

Here it was:

d520_big.jpg

I've always been a gadget kind of person. Before I could get a mobile, I had one of these:

wordzap.gif

I remember with the pager, my parents used to send messages to me by calling an operator and the operator would hand type the message and send it to the pager. Used to receive sport and news info too.

old-phones1.jpg

2nd from the right. The mighty Nokia 5.1 had to carry 2 batteries to get me through the day.

It still works now!

I did then get a 3210, Sony j5, Sony z7, T68i, Nokia 6800, Nokia 7600, Nokia Communicator 9300, Tmobile MDA III, Nokia e65 after that then. In 12 years of phone ownership..

Mito Sportiva 135
5110 with slimline battery and pearlescent black flipdown cover - that was THE phone at the time!

My best phone ever was the 8210 though - if they brought out the exact same phone now with a colour screen and bluetooth would definitely get one - small, light, attractive and worked well. I liked it when a phone was just a phone really.

Lotus Elise 111R
5110 with slimline battery and pearlescent black flipdown cover - that was THE phone at the time!

My best phone ever was the 8210 though - if they brought out the exact same phone now with a colour screen and bluetooth would definitely get one - small, light, attractive and worked well. I liked it when a phone was just a phone really.

Have to agree the 8210 was fantastic, I must had mine for several years, and would buy it all day with those features on it. Closest I can get is my current phone, the 6210i, a great phone that makes and receives calls...

6230.jpg

Monaro VXR
First phone I had was this in 98.
alcatel_ot_club_1.jpg

Remember the first one my mum got was an old Analogue Motorola and it was a brick. Used to have to be recharged 2 or 3 times a day if you left it on standby.

The 628... First phone with changable covers I do believe... :cool:

erga628b.gif

I jumpped the T10 and went to the T28....

ert28sb.gif

Then it was Nokia all the way... to my N95

I had both of those, the first Erikkson was my first too when i was 16. My mum got me the contract and i thought i was all that at college!! lol

I had one of those Phillips ones as well, there was a cheat where you could get £10 more credit on the phone by doing something, i cant remember now but i used to do it all the time.

I also had the Nokia 5.1, was a brick..

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Had this for a few weeks, straight from O2.

Then The Matrix went on general release and they were like rocking-horse-sh1t to get hold of. ;)

nokia8110.jpg

Some of the offers I got at work to buy just the phone off me, were stupid. I just can't believe that people get so needy with mobile phones!

MUST..... HAVE..... IT!!!

D.

RenaultSport 197
My first mobile was a Philips Twist. My parent's didn't want me to have a phone when I was younger because they thought I would fail at school and could run up huge phone bills, so my dad gave me his crappy old work phone, which was this lol:

twist1vb5.png