ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your Car, your Age ?

Shed.
how do the people who are 19/20 insure their motors...point my in the right direction! very close to buying one and probably waiting till september for insurance

They pay through their arseholes. I pay through my arsehole. I will pay through my arsehole.

:star:

Would love to know:

a. How many of the above people have finance or loan-taken for their car
b. How many of the above own a house

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
Age 23 172 cup with lowest mileage cup in the UK @ 12,300 miles. Bought 50% of the car with a loan and pay £770 full comp insurance with 1 ncb, clean license. I do not own a house but i have some savings.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Age 24 BMW M Coupe and E36 BMW M3 Convertible. Soon to be buying a house, so might be looking for a 182 or V6 again sometime soon :)

DC5
23 Integra DC5

100307a.jpg

100307.jpg

MTM

Volvo V60 R Design
23 nimbus 197 here.

Love the M Z4 - I can't fit in the bloody things though:D

You'll find that many if not most of the very young guys driving around in amazing cars either live with their folks and are paying through the roof for the car, have come into a lot of money not to mention those who get help from their folks etc. I can think of around 10 or so people with much better cars than a 197 etc and in all honesty, none have particularly good jobs yet they all have fantastic cars (z4 x 2, new tt, alfa brera, year old M3, porsche boxster x 2, merc clk, range rover, scooby sti) - All of them aged 19-24.

As happy as I am for them, it doesn't impress me. The people with the really good jobs, nice cars, nice house and money in the bank are the people who grab my attention personally. Don't get me wrong - there will be plenty of young guys within the above age range) out there with the stunning car and everything else to go with it but they are genuinely few and far between.

All IMO and experience to be fair.

Last edited:

n2x

e60/f10
how do the people who are 19/20 insure their motors...point my in the right direction! very close to buying one and probably waiting till september for insurance

age 19
car 172 ph1

insurance in estonia for that car = ~146£ a year. :rasp:

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Would love to know:

Williams 3, had it since i was 21 (23 in a few weeks), and i own my house with my fiancee.

Megane 230 R26
24, Trophy.

Bet someone has one tucked away with delivery miles on it somewhere.

...riddled with faults that they didn't discover during the warranty because they didn't drive it, that one day will cost an arm and a leg to fix :lolup:

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Would love to know:

WELL SAID mr merc, me i am 35, ive been divorced (2000) lost my house and everything in it, i pay csa ,started fresh bought another house 2002, 2nd marriage 2005, no loan on 182 small loan on 138. If i had'nt been through all that i would be running an RS4 and a meggy R26 buy now. As they say s**t happens lol

182 Cup, (2nd one)
Would love to know:

1) Both my cars i have paid cash (secret is buy them at discount and change them frequently so you are not hit by depreciation then as you earn more you save more towards the next car)
2) Have sold my house about to buy another

(my pics are futher back in the thread)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
25 and drive a Mk2 172, i could afford a far better car, say a Evo 9 Mr 340-360/Lotus exige, but then i'd wouldn't have as much spare cash after paying the mortgage and bills.