ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your car in the Snow...

Golf R
Taken today...

DSC03353.jpg

DSCF4415.jpg

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Our snow was pathetic last night. A tiny layer that was mostly gone by 11am.

photo-12.jpg

Ph1 172.
The snow has caused me a lot of bother. The splitter on the front is so close to the ground it acts as a plow and today when pulling off the drive in reverse, snow built up behind the splitter to the point that it pulled the front bumper of entirely on the drivers side. It ripped the screw from the body work too :( It is currently held on with duct tape until i can fix it tomorrow.

Last edited:
  Meg 250/E36 Touring
^^ Lol, the splitter IS a snow plough.

Seriously though is the groombridge route a definate no no @ the moment?

Nimbus 197
^^ Lol, the splitter IS a snow plough.

Seriously though is the groombridge route a definate no no @ the moment?

was a deffo NO GO LAST NIGHT... roads should be ok..CROWBOROUGH IS AWFUL... its going to freeze tonite.... and snow again.. its pretty dangerous out their x

Mustang, S13, AX GT
Dammit, that pic makes me miss my 197 soo much :(

Driving in the snow/ice last year and the year before was so much more fun in a RWD car, the clio just spins the fronts and doesnt go anywhere lol.

Clio 172 RS2
Wrecking?

How so...

@ Richard.: tow it out with your friendly neighbour's Landcruiser (SUV spotted in the pic)

Clio 172 RS2
Well keep shoveling... ;)

I got a silly moment too... U-turning on a B-road, got momentarily stuck off-road... used my rear passenger floormats to get me out.
(kinda like a Dakar Rally car, using those Aluminium ramps when stuck in the sand)

Clio 172 Cup
skink , that cup looks awesome!

Ithangyou.
The little bugger is absolutely filthy and looks all the better for it.
It was an absolute riot in the snow. At one point I had a registered 90mph on the speedo with the back wheels travelling approximately 87 mph slower. :D

Clio 172 RS2
I really wish i had thought of that last night after i tried driving home from pub quiz and got stuck for an hour.

Aah well better luck next time...

Just a little grip for the front wheels to get the Clio moving and out of harmsway.
(i had to use it multiple times though, silly moment indeed)

Ph1 172.
Aah well better luck next time...

Just a little grip for the front wheels to get the Clio moving and out of harmsway.
(i had to use it multiple times though, silly moment indeed)

I did however deflate the tyres in a feeble attempt to get some extra grip. :eek:

Jon.L

ClioSport Club Member
  911 GT3 & Audi Q8
Few pics from today, had a fair amount of snow. Well impressed with the handling wasnt to sure how good it would be but turn the esp off and it 4 wheel drifts a treat had a lot of fun!

2009-12-18092451.jpg

2009-12-18092940.jpg

2009-12-18093941.jpg

2009-12-18093949.jpg

2009-12-18094013.jpg

2009-12-18101231.jpg

Managed to get one with the beast in it too!

2009-12-18092811.jpg

PH1 iceburg
I actually saw some bloke brushing the snow off with a garden broom. He must have scratched the fcuk out of his paintwork.

Last edited:
  M2 Competition
Been driving all day in the snow, was good fun :D

Should have taken some pics of the work car when i got it at 7am