ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Your AV Setup

500bhp Scoob
Just thought i'd start a thread and see what people are using in their living room bedroom etc, seeing as there is lots of talk about TV's at the moment :)

I'll start with mine, its a quite a budget setup, but I really like it, it consists of:
Acer PH110 Projector - Projected Image is 59inch diag.(16:9)
PS2 with component Hi-def lead with a few NTSC games that allow HDTV and progressive scan resolutions
XBox with modified EEPROM settings to allow for HDTV modes to be enabled (does not involve a modchip) and Component & Optical sound out lead.
Dbox2 for cable TV ;)
Cheapo 5.1 gaming system which does the job for my little room.
Argos Blackout blind for the matt white backing (ideal for projectors ;))

Heres a few pics...
The projector (had to use some old CDROM drives to bring the back up (s**t design on the projector, you raise the back to bring the image down)
AV-6.jpg

The PS2, XBox etc etc...
AV-7.jpg

Frozen frame on GT4 (in HDTV mode, looks a bit pixelated due to me using the freeze frame button on the projector instead of pausing the replay on GT4)
AV-2.jpg

Forza Motorsport, Clio V6 at the Nurburgring
AV-5.jpg

AV-3.jpg

And Finding Nemo being played back in 480p mode on the Xbox :)
AV-10.jpg

AV-11.jpg

If anyone has an LCD or plasma setup I'd like to see, as parents are thinking of getting a new TV for downstairs but are unsure at the moment.

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
heres mine :

42" Plasma Screen, Technics CD Player, Sony DVD, Toshiba VCR/DVD, Marantz Amp/Tuner, Sony Tuner, Xbox 360, Thomson Freeview, Mission 5 speaker surround sound, netgear mp101 wireless music streamer

TV2.gif

AV1.gif

AV2.gif

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
mines mission m7 speakers all round panasonic dvd video/audio player arcam cd player technics md player sky + rel quake subwoofer marantz av reciever panasonic 42" plasma xbox/xbox 360 ps2 gamcube.

Living room - Panasonic 42" PV500, Yamaha DSP-AX757SE AV Amp, Yamaha DVD-S2500, Tannoy Arena speakers, Sky+, QED speaker cable and scart, Chord Co-ax and HDMI cable.

Bedroom - Philips LCD, Marantz SR5000 AV receiver, Marantz DV4000, Tannoy Saturn S6 speakers, Sky, QED scart, Chord optical cable.

Music lounge - Marantz 63Ki CD player, Marantz 66ki Amp, Marantz ST48 Tuner, Tannoy R3 speakers, Van den hul interconnects, QED silver speaker cable.

Revels Mum & Sister
LG PX5 42" Plasma, Denon 1920 DVD player via HDMI, Xbox 360 via Component, Denon 2106 AV Receiver, JM Labs Chorus 5.1 Surround, Xbox, PS2 via Component

Mac Mini via DVI to Dell 2005FPW 20.1" Widescreen, Windows Media Centre Mini Cube, High Spec watercooled gaming rig

RS 200
jay said:
Living room - Panasonic 42" PV500, Yamaha DSP-AX757SE AV Amp, Yamaha DVD-S2500, Tannoy Arena speakers, Sky+, QED speaker cable and scart, Chord Co-ax and HDMI cable.

Bedroom - Philips LCD, Marantz SR5000 AV receiver, Marantz DV4000, Tannoy Saturn S6 speakers, Sky, QED scart, Chord optical cable.

Music lounge - Marantz 63Ki CD player, Marantz 66ki Amp, Marantz ST48 Tuner, Tannoy R3 speakers, Van den hul interconnects, QED silver speaker cable.

QED Silver Aniversary speaker cable, thats some expensive stuff jay, nice setup.

Ph1 172 & others
No pictures atm but

Apple Powerbook - iTunes, DVD, Portastudio, general computer
Meridian Amplifier - 5.1 surround
Linn Helix Speakers - Front
Apple/Harman Kardon Soundsticks - Back
B&W Sub - Centre
Playstation 2
19" Sony TV (About 10 years old!)

Leon Cupra
R20GRC said:
heres mine :

42" Plasma Screen, Technics CD Player, Sony DVD, Toshiba VCR/DVD, Marantz Amp/Tuner, Sony Tuner, Xbox 360, Thomson Freeview, Mission 5 speaker surround sound, netgear mp101 wireless music streamer

How you getting on with the netgear mp101 mate?? Been thinking about getting one.

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
I have....

Sanyo Z3 1280x720 projector
77" 16:9 screen
Yamaha 630SE Amp
Mission 771e fronts
Mission M7C2 centre
Mission 700 rear
Paradigm PS-1000 subwoofer (this is a bad boy ;) )

All connected to my home theatre/gamming PC via HDMI which stores approx 800Gb of high def movies :D, increasing by the day. More DVDs than I can count.

Also have a PS2 and a Stella fridge. Future purchases will include more hard drives, another imation disc stakka (these things are mint!) and possibly a dbox 2 ;)

I can post piccies if anyone is interested (probably not lol)

HyperAlloy Combat Chassis
Rasclart said:
Ally where are you getting your HD movies from fella?

I get them from usenet. There's a group for HD material, alt.binaries.hdtv. If you're not familiar with usenet, there's a sticky explaining it. This is also an excellent forum http://www.abhdtv.com/, lots of dicussion on HTPC as well. I'm an HD addict, according to my giganews transfer stats I've downloaded 1.5TB in the last 12 months :evil:

A4 Avant & A3
Lots of projectors on the go here!! very nice.

I got a 28" LCD in the front room (biggest i can have at the moment as it needs to go in a corner under the stairs :-( ), with a old dvd player.... & sky box.
Got a small form factor pc out of the way behind the tv to play any divx movies photo slideshows etc.. via wireless to a pc upstairs..
The dvd & tv etc, is connected to a Technics separates stereo (complete with cassette deck), with the surround sound gear.
& got the ipod dock on the tv stand which is connected to the stereo (don't use the cd player anymore!)
thats about it.. nothing too exciting considering some of the gear on here.

Clio 182
Living Room:
Fujitsu 42" Plasma - Panasonic 5.1 Surround system and DVD.

Bedroom:
22" LCD

Cinema Room:
Pioneer 43" HD Plasma
Yamaha THX Amp
Kef Sub
Kef Q35 Front Speakers
B+W Surrounds x 5 + Sub
DVL 909 Laserdisc player
Panasonic DVD Player
Pioneer DVD Player
X Box