ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yorkshire 182 FF

172 + 350z
So its boxing day and its the usual not too much to do so thought I would get a thread up on here about my car.
Had the car about a month now and I am really pleased with it.
Its got 54,000, fairly good service history and the paint work is good. However couple of small marks on the alloys and some touch up paint has been used on the bonnet. The car has been lowered on springs, I think its about 40mm and it has a non standard exhaust but no idea what make.
I usually modify all my cars but aiming to keep this one as close to stock and spend the money on maintaining the car as appose to spending ££££ which I normally do and ever really re-coupe. Only thing I want to do is get rid of the crappy chrome Ariel which will not move, might have been glued in place! Also maybe standard rear lights.
As I am new to the clio seen if I am wrong with anything feel free to correct me but I think the colour is Artic Blue? I just know its the best colour wet or dry!

Anyway enough blab, some pictures.
(I know its a bit muddy but I moved about 1/2 from my house to take the pictures and it was already muddy, thats Yorkshire for you)
DSC_0001_zps03eb25cb.jpg

DSC_0002_zpsf88fbe91.jpg

DSC_0005_zps49b6f435.jpg

DSC_0009_zpsa7ce01f1.jpg

DSC_0010_zps8514704c.jpg

DSC_0012_zpsb04914a7.jpg

DSC_0013_zps7ad74c30.jpg

DSC_0017_zps48e2a0d2.jpg

DSC_0018_zps4b239a27.jpg

DSC_0020_zps3208e727.jpg

Love the colour, I want a Arctic Blue 182 next.

As said carbon fibre splitter and standard lights and it will be spot on.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Lovely but please remove the splitter, rear lights and window deflectors ;)

182 cup / Audi s3 8L
french racing blue is the nicest colour imo. Like others have said bin off the rear lights and swap the front splitter. Not a fan of the wind deflectors on any car myself.

172 + 350z
Are the rear lights the same as off all standard clio's? We have a decent scrappy near here so will go there if that is the case.

Looks nice mate !! id invest in a skoda splitter ! alot prefer them but obviously your car do as you want !! they are the same rear lights but be awear of the facelift and none facelift ie phase 1 and phase two as the rear lights are different !! yours is a phase 2 so itll have a clear circle in the center of the lamp for indicator and reverse ! phase 1s were completely red iirc

172 + 350z
So I went to u pull it and got some standard rear lights as a few people have suggested it will look better with them.

Before
vu7unudu.jpg

One of each
pe9ybaje.jpg

Completed
e8e8a5uv.jpg

Front end shot
esy5egej.jpg

Comments welcome

RB Clio 182
Looks alot better mate :)

I would get a megane or skoda fabia splitter although if you can afford one, get a ktec carbon fibre one, they look mint imo.

172 + 350z
Decided to have ago at tarting up the engine bay so painted the engine cover and air inlet.

Before:
a4anymaz.jpg

After:
hu8u9agu.jpg

ume2y6y8.jpg

Comments welcome, not sure if to polish up the lettering and remove the paint or to leave it all black?

172 + 350z
So I was getting a bit sick of the standard radio so fitted my JVC head unit.
Before
redyveme.jpg

After
u3adujuz.jpg

Should be good finally been able to play songs from the iPhone instead of fighting with the radio signal. I also plan on installing my sub soon.

I have ordered a fabia front splitter that should arrive tomorrow hopefully. Will try fit it at the weekend.

Have to say, I think the standard lights are a little better, but I don't personally think they're some kind of miricle improvement at all. Ever since i bought my 182 I've not been a huge fan of the standard rear cluster myself, I've yet to see a decent alternative though. Most are worse than the standards. I guess I'm just saying, I personally think the standard rears are the best of a bad situation...

Very nice anyway. Looks good! Would like to sort out my engine cover this weekend - does look better painted imo!

172 + 350z
I liked the tinted rear lights as I bought the car like that and didn't know any different. However the standard ones look a lot cleaner and fresher which is the look I want. If your after the black look so with tints etc I would say they work well.

172 + 350z
Im from near Malton, so North Yorkshire. You?

Yer the skoda garage I got it from instantly knew what car I was wanting to use it on lol, obviously very popular.