ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

York Raceway 4th July 2010

Hi guys, myself and Ste666 are going to the "Run What You've Brung" on the 4th July and York Raceway.

Location is YO42 4SS

Its unlimited runs throughout the day, and we will be looking for some good 1/4 mile times hopefully :)

If we get a few more along ime sure we could arrange a meet and convoy over!

Ime sure Ste will be able to answer more in depth question's as he's been before....

So the list at the min:

1. Matt
2. Ste

None
This really is a cracking day out, even if you don't want to drag your own car there are loads of class events during the day to watch and it's only a tenner admission to spectate so well worth the money.
Here is a direct link with all the info you could need, including prices for drag racing your own car :)
http://www.york-raceway.co.uk/homepage.html

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
York dragway is crap to get luanched of from a start the track is so bumpy and falling appart... Santa Pod ftw...

None
cant wait for this ste - should be good.

Ile be semi stripping the car for it too lol

Thinking about reducing some weight too matt......though i'm about to add a custom bass box which is going to add at least 10 kilos :(
Got some new spark plugs in today which made the clio much more torquey so i may improve on my 15.9 anyway :).....and the new exalto's mean i won't be wheelspinning halfway down the strip too ;)

York dragway is crap to get luanched of from a start the track is so bumpy and falling appart... Santa Pod ftw...

Never been to a 1/4 mile strip so it will be a good "low-key" intro to it I suppose

Thinking about reducing some weight too matt......though i'm about to add a custom bass box which is going to add at least 10 kilos :(
Got some new spark plugs in today which made the clio much more torquey so i may improve on my 15.9 anyway :).....and the new exalto's mean i won't be wheelspinning halfway down the strip too ;)

Lol!

Ive got a 12" sub in too, ile be taking that out and removong the fuse I think, also the rear seats etc...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm out of this one, purely because I know full well I would be very disappointed.

If I aren't busy I may pop up to have a watch though :)

182Cup, MinesGTR R35
If you ride a bike i'd take your helmet... Theres are propa awfull... I fegot mine last time i went...

Iceburg 172FF
good day out this i went last bank hol and aslong as its sunny its alrite, ill probly be popping down with a few people agen its only 40mins from teesside if that.
just watch roads on way in when get off a64 there not the best:nono:

None
Lol yeah I heard the roads upto it arent the best.

Yeah they are a bit crappy matt, we'll go the M62 route to bypass the A64, the worst road is the one you go on to get round to the pit area, half a mile of potholed airfield!

None
This should be interesting now.......my car is way underpowered as i found out today so my times will be crap but the day is still a fun day out though :)........

Should be good to get it back to york after mapping and see the differences too!

None
Have you had it mapped Ste? :eek:

Not yet mate, i'll get it back to york in August for another run as the mapping will be done in July.
Just had it on the rollers and had the engine light turned off, it was the abs system that triggered it, Paul at RS Tuning will sort the problems out for me then map it after.....i'll tell you at today's meet just how bad the RR results were :(

None
Oh no! What, a 182 not making claimed power? Who'd have thought.

The whole range should be re-named to be honest.

182 should be 160

197 should be 170

and the 200 should be 185

lol

You must be joking Matt!.....i would love 160 right now :rasp:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Surprised more havent put their name down for this, something different to the norm. Have you sent a pm around matt/ste? Probably worth one of you sending one now :)

172 cup
I might still be coming, on a hen do sat night but its in york so i should make the effort really

ste can u txt me ur number ive lost all my no's

wat time is it?

None
Lol genius. Ime sure once youve changed or un-clogged the sensor mate, it will be running fine again..

Going to go take them out now and have a look Matt :)......rang up today and found out that a new NGK Lambda sensor costs £80!