ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet more bad luck arghhh

Status
Not open for further replies.
  Yozza'd Titanium 182
They're squished and the end of them is oval not round so you can't put them on by hand. You need to spanner them on the whole way.

On way to Renault now what I don't understand is why Renault would sell a fixing kit for a decat
as the springs on the original catalic converter were bigger than in the kit I bought

Audi A5
The cat and decat have the same holes and fixing points for the kit, Renault don't know your using them for a decat.

Yozza'd Titanium 182
So... The part number iv been given and drove to Renault and asked them to get for me is exactly the same kit as the one that was originally on my car...

Yozza'd Titanium 182
So why has everyone been telling me to go to Renault and pay nearly £30 for a kit that I already have on my car????
thats were iv got confused

Isn't the one on your car rusted?

They usually need cut off which is probably why people have said to fit a genuine one...

S4 Avant
The kit from Renault is made of slightly harder cheese. It won't rust through as quickly and has the correct size bolts. The kit from nwp has the wrong bolts and rusts through in 6 weeks.

This really is a painful thread to read.

edit: something that's been over looked from the start, did you replace the cups in the manifold? Since the bolts are the wrong size in the NWP kit, they'll pull through the cups and the exhaust will fall off. I know this from experience.

Last edited:
So why has everyone been telling me to go to Renault and pay nearly £30 for a kit that I already have on my car????
thats were iv got confused

This is why

i bought a fitting kit from northwest performance and that arrived (two bolts the washers and the two springs)

So all is well until I hear a hurrendous noise, I look underneath and the decat is completely disconected from the manifold and the bolts are gone...

ffs...

Yozza'd Titanium 182
I bought a set of bolds from nwp because I'm got advised too. People were sending me links
no my bolts were fine and not rusted

the set I got from nwp had smaller springs

So what you are trying to say is why have you paid more for the Renault OEM kit when the NWP kit that was cheaper seems to be the exact same to you?

If that is the case then they may look similar but by the looks of it, going by what others have said, it isn't exactly the same hence why the NWP one doesn't last as long and doesn't secure the manifold and (De) cat in place as well as the OEM one

Havent a clue on the difference of the NWP kit as I bought the Renault OEM kit

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
I bought a set of bolds from nwp because I'm got advised too. People were sending me links
no my bolts were fine and not rusted

the set I got from nwp had smaller springs

So have you been to renault today and bought a new kit ? It was nearly £30 ?

This is the kit you want . The cups that the bolts sit in from NWP are too thin and the bolts can pull through once the cups start to rust . The genuine cups are alot thicker / stronger . You should have messaged Renault Wolverhampton on here or bought one off them on ebay , £22.32 delivered .

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271148725041?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

Yozza'd Titanium 182
The confusion lay because everyone was saying to get a new set of bolts.
I asked if someone had a link, and got shown the NWP bolts.
Then people were saying "buy genuine renault"

And i couldnt understand why when i already had a perfectly good, not rusty set already on my cat???

I have fitted it now with the origional set and its fine now

No the confusion was because of you.

1. You said your cat had fallen off because you had fitted NWP mani to cat kit (Which is crap non-genuine)

2. You put a link to the kit and Djw John just put a link to the same company (NWP) to show they were selling a Peugeot part for cheaper but claiming to was for a Renault sport Clio. It will fit but not that well

3. You got confused thinking Djw John was suggesting you buy them which he wasn't. He like everyone else said to get genuine and nothing else

4. You continue to get confused and judging by you recent post you have forgotten that you didn't have perfectly good bolts as the de-cat had fallen off! Maybe the bolts weren't tight enough but I think its just the NWP kit isn't as good as OEM

5. I'm sure you will remain confused and the best action is a mod locks this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.