ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Yet more 182 engine questions, air leak, odd pipe

Clio 182
Hi all

Got a few questions about my 182 and the engine ,basically had it running today and someone mentioned it sounded like it had an air leak and now thet have mentioned it i can hear it, where could this happen on the engine and could it also explain a high emissions test slighty rough idle and yo yo idle from 1k to 2k when the engine is cold ?
The depasher has been done last year by the previous owner if that could effect it ?

Last question what is this in the pictures it doesn't look very standard what should be there instead is it missing a pipe or something ?

Any help would be great
Thanks

Attachments

• IMAG0578.jpg
    IMAG0578.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 148
  • IMAG0582.jpg
    IMAG0582.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 149
  Volvo S60 T5
Thats a 172 engine breather , on the 182 engines that parts not used.
So it may of had a replacement engine or head at some point.
Hence bolt fitted in pipe.

Clio 182
Hi Mike ,

Thanks for the reply, ok so the fact it's blocked off won't be hurting the engine in any way if it's not usually used ? And it would cause an air leak on the engine ?

Volvo S60 T5
that wont cause the airleak, best bet is to check the upper manifold seal, remove the renault sport manifold at the top its onlt a few bolts and on the underside you will see a rubber seal make sure its fitted correctly or replace it.

Clio 182
That was one of my other thoughts as it looks like someone has had it apart can see sealant on parts of it where the seal goes, hoping it just that and not another seal gone somewhere.

Clio 182
Are the manifold seals expensive and I can't seem to find any parts numbers and the only ones I seem to be able to find are on ktr for quite a lot of money.