ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

yellow V6

Lionel Richie
with 10000miles on the clock thats VERY over priced

£19-£20K is realistic for that, but it is a Yellow one

Ford Fiesta
what would you aim to pay from them? or with it being a stealer would you be hard pushed to get much knocked off?

Lionel Richie
they won't knock a penny off, i tried!!

the going rate for mk2 V6's is £17k+ (15,000miles approx, but mainly BLUE)

Maz

LY 200
Its ID colour though .. they seem to go for that kind of price :( thats the only reason i havn't got one yet ..

Maz there a silver phase 1 for sale for £9.3k (stolen recovered though) in the trader and a few more asking £11k.

3 MPS, MX5
Thats nearly £4000 more than I'm asking for mine and for the same age and mileage:S

I would expect about £2k - £2.5k more. Do the liquid yellow fetch more money than the black/gold because of exclusivity?

Maz

LY 200
edde said:
Maz there a silver phase 1 for sale for £9.3k (stolen recovered though) in the trader and a few more asking £11k.

Got to be liquid yellow :approve:

Lionel Richie
18ME said:
Thats nearly £4000 more than I'm asking for mine and for the same age and mileage:S

I would expect about £2k - £2.5k more. Do the liquid yellow fetch more money than the black/gold because of exclusivity?

but the colour was only a £1100 option IIRC

3 MPS, MX5
Liam182 said:
wheres urs for sale mate details pics etc?

I put it on Pistonheads a few days ago and the wanted section here as I'm after a p/x with a 182.:)

Ford Fiesta
18ME said:
I put it on Pistonheads a few days ago and the wanted section here as I'm after a p/x with a 182.:)

you want 4 seats or better fuel economy? how much do v6 owners get to the gallon usually?

I paid 19.5k for a 54 plate with 2300 miles in December. This was from a Renault dealer (masters), it was up for 21k. I'm guessing it was a bad time of year for them to shift cars :D

Maz

LY 200
Give them a ring and barter with them . . worth a go .. :) would you be trading yours against it ??

Ad

MK2 FRS
Suppose it all comes down to what they paid for it.... they wont take a loss on it, thats for sure.

3 MPS, MX5
Liam182 said:
you want 4 seats or better fuel economy? how much do v6 owners get to the gallon usually?

I could do with a boot, I don't nesseccary need 4 seats but room to go shopping etc:)

Fuel economy on it is fantastic, especially what I've had recently. Its easy to get 30mpg unless you sit in traffic all day, which I don't, thankfully.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Maz said:
Give them a ring and barter with them . . worth a go .. :) would you be trading yours against it ??

Its not for sale in masters of beckenham its for sale at Shirley-

The sales manager wont let that go for less than 21.5k-
The yellow vees always hold there value because they are limited-
Only 20 liquid gold & 8 acid yellow-
As time goes by the depreciation wont be as steep-

Dont px there they will rob u blind-

if your wanting a yellow vee its big dosh still.......... if anything the prices have lifted a tad on the 05/55 plates-

S

J

jamesy

only 7 were made in liquid yellow apparently which would boost there value somewhat ive only seen one for sale and it was 22k with 9.800miles on the clock;)

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
30mpg in my MK1 with Quicksilver and K&N......thats sticking to speed limits and driving sensibly......22mpg pushing on a bit.......haven't seen any lower as still getting used to driving the thing!

M2 Competition
If they wanna sell the car they'll drop the price a bit, or throw in freebies, so long as you show you're serious and not just another tyre kicker.

Go in there with 21k in cash, put it on the table in front of the sales manager, and say...

can i take it away today?

Worth waiting a few weeks, as the longer the cars there, the more they'll want to get shot of it. Cars sitting on a forecourt are dead money to a dealer.

3 MPS, MX5
Liam182 said:
why you selling so soon mate?

The main reason is that my ex-wife and business partner has now given a definate date to split the business's (31st July) sooner than I thought. Which means I have to be ready wiht cash at the end of the month to finalise accounts etc.

Second reason is that I bought it more with my heart than my head, meaning that I've already got another 2 seater, an Audi TT roadster so space is becoming a problem. I got rid of an R32 just before I bought the V6 and have always had 2 cars so space hasn't been much of a problem until now.

Thirdly, I've had a soft spot for Clio's, previously had a 172 then 182 and wanted to order a new V6 when I took delivery of the 182 but was told at the time that I couldn't order a new V6 to my own spec because the dealer had been told that no more were to be built (this was early 2005) but could have one that was in stock but not registered, which I didn't want to do because I wanted to order full leather.

I ended up with the V6 more by accident because I went to BCA in Nottingham to find a Dynamique for my partner (girlfriend) which we did get, although that wasn't through the special Renault Financial Services sale but the V6 was there so I asked at the provisionals if the V6 had sold and he told me that they had a bid but was short of what Renault wanted for it which was £19,500 bearing in mind that you've got £500 buyers premium on top of that I offered £17,500 which was refused straight away but ended up actually getting it less than the reserve but more than the my first offer:D

There you go, the reason why I bought it and why I'm selling it. I've had some fun in the short time, going to a forum meet down Dorset last Sunday and the odd day out.

If you are intersted I'll be straight with what I want and what I paid. I paid around £18,250 with taxing it and would accept £18,250 bearing in mind that I took the chance at auction like with any car you buy from auction you end up buying a car at trade price but risk having extra expense in case anything needs doing or is missing something that you need to by, which in the case of the Dynamique is everything in terms of paperwork, locking wheel nut key etc.:dapprove: Fortunately the V6 has everything it should do, even the silly rear mat that I was trying to fit the other night until I found out they don't fit and not supposed to :rolleyes: and its totally straight.

Sorry for the essay, but tried to explain the whys and therefores.

Maz

LY 200
^^ fantastic .. bet you can't wait .. welcome to cliosport . .get some pics up when you get it :)

Ford Fiesta
itz_baseline said:
Hello, I purchased it, I pick it up on Thursday :approve: .

Cheers
Basey

Do all the liquid yellow V6s (liquid is a later edition aint it they only used to do acid on the vee?) come with silver side pods?

Are cd changers standard and where are they mounted? what else come as new, mats front and bit for back? net, tyre foam etc?

Liam

V6 Clio - Liquid Yellow
Yep they all come with silver side pods (although I know if you begged hard enough at the time of purchase you could get the pods colour coded), and the Liquid was available at the same time as the Acid, it didn't replace it - they were both ID optional paint.

CD changer is under the seat and is standard, as are the nets, tyre foam and the mats.

I'll put some pics up tomorrow when I pick it up (or more likely over the weekend when I take a break from driving it).

Cheers Nev

Ford Fiesta
i think i prefer the side pods in silver.

People with V6s do they get really hot what with the engine been behind you?
lol

V6 Clio - Liquid Yellow
Picked up the Vee yesterday and it didn't get hot inside....climate control seems to do it's thing quite well. Anyhow, here's some pics of my Vee for those interested.....took it to Saddleworth moor in Huddersfield and drove it one some proper roads. Enjoy.

DSCF0776.jpg

DSCF0773.jpg

DSCF0778.jpg

DSCF0779.jpg

DSCF0781.jpg

DSCF0784.jpg

....and my fave on the open road how it's supposed to be!

DSCF0783.jpg

Cheers
Nev

M2 Competition
Some lovely pics there mate, although i wish people would stop posting pics of vee's, im getting itchy feet!