ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xmas gift advice - Laptop or iPad

I'm looking for a present for my Mum, her computer (my old one!) is on the way out and in need of a refresh.

So.....either cheap laptop?

or...iPad?

Now, my Mum isnt technically brilliant at all, she can just about work a computer! So is an iPad a sensible option for her? She mainly surfs around for food recipes and clothes shopping! I thought an iPad would be great as she can take it in the kitchen with the house wifi and look there, or sit on the couch and do some surfing whilst the TV is on.

Having got a cheap laptop for work for travel use, I know they arent amazingly quick, so that's a concern.

Are they really idiot proof? And also, she does occasionally buy stuff of the net too, I assume it's just a case of filling out each field with your details....easy?

iPad would be perfect for her for the needs you've described.

Yeah, you can buy online no problem. Just tap the field.

They are idiot proof. Completely. Download an app. Delete an app. No proper installing, searching around etc. No virus etc to worry about.

Also, you dont have to worry about starting it up shutting down etc, I imagine they last a long time on standby?

Whats the battery life like too just out of curiosity?

Audi S1
No worries, I done some digging for some good prices for my brother. Only right I share :)

www.quidco.com - Send me your email address in a PM and I will refer you, then we can both get £1.25 ;)

^THanks for the link!

How do you do the quidco thing, I've never done it before :eek:

You just register. Then use the search top right. Click whoever. It then loads the usual site. Basically just an affiliate thing. But it's worth doing.

Then you just sit and wait for the money. It's not instant and you'll probably wait til March for the money from this purchase, but it's money for nout, so the wait isn't bad.

Clio DCi 65
Just bought the 64Gb WiFi/3G from Viking Direct.

There's also a code for 5% discount - AVA-PRDOL

£46 Quidco so overall it's cost me £622.

Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow!