ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

xenons on a 172 Cup - help please

HBB

G81 M3 Touring & A35
Spoke to Renault and they reckon its a serious job with lots of re-wiring etc. to put the standard Renault rs xenon headlights onto my Cup. Anyone want to confirm or dismiss this...

If true recommendations on choice of brighter headlights please.

Has

RS 182 - Black Gold
To get them with auto leveling etc yes it is.

Very costly as you reuquire a new rear beam or at least part of it.

as well as

2 x Lamps
2 x Charge packs
2 x bulbs
2 x ballasts

I use the Halford upgrade light not sure how much bette they are they last longer though.
The Zeons do plug in you need all the computers and ballest plus you'd realy need the adjuster on the rear bean and you should have the washer jets fitted to be legal.
Jon_16V was selling a setup he had fitted to his car I think some time back.

Da

Less
not 'massive' but again not a 5 min job. bumper off, both headlights removed. Then fit new xenon headlights from full fat 172/182. The light loom may need altering somewhat as i'm none too sure on the loading of the ballast/ignitor units. But providing everything is ok on that side of things I can't think of any other issues...?

The auoto levelling and washers are only a legal requirement if xenons are fitted in the factory, which of course yours wont be so they aren't an issue unless you want them to be.