ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons misted... (newbie 172)

Hey everyone, i'm Ash and I live in East Yorkshire. I have just bought a great standard 172 on an 02 plate with only 81k miles! Will make a really nice car but just a few bits to sort....
The xenon headlights are misted and wondered if there are any way of clearing them up so they are clear again?
Thanks

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Have a search for "headlight restoration" threads mate. There is plenty about.

Welcome to the forum

I've been trying to do mine for months and nothing worked. But got some K2 stuff from Poland off eBay and its worked a treat.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
If they are misted on the inside then take the big rubber bung off them on a nice hot and dry day and drive around with as many lights on as possible to evaporate the water. then put the bung on again before it gets humid in the evening.

Hi Optical, its more the exterior surface that's misted. Has anyone used one the kits off ebay? Are they any good?

Track 172 Cup
I posted about Chi having some 3M headlight restore kits for sale but the post has gone. If you search for him on here and message him or search for the group on Facebook if you have it Renault Cars and Parts for sale that's where I seen them @ashbe84

These are mine after using that K2 stuff, before:
IMG_2350_zpsr07zozph.jpg

After:
IMG_2390_zpsyserrwvb.jpg