ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenons in europe?

Ph2 FF 172
Hi guys and gals,

Shooting over to Le Mans next month and I'm not too sure if I need headlamp converters as I didn't have to with my Bemmer because it had a switch on the back of lamp for European driving. However, I can't see anything like that at a glance on my 172? Any ideas wether I'm just being blind or is it just not there?

Nice one and thanks!

Clio 182 :)
I assume you have to fit these converters on your lights, in order to avoid blinding others... especially with xenon headlights !

I guess the best thing is to ask your Renault dealer

Evo 6, E92 320d
If you get flashed give them high beam, they should learn to drive on the correct side anyway;)

Tiger R6 / Saxo Vts
Where you driving from and what ferry you using to go to Le Mans? I just booked my trip to the 24 hrs for the 1st time.

I put them on my 182, cant see them making much difference, but if the french gendarme stop you at least youve made the effort, I post up a pic on where to put them in a minute.

Image042.jpg

Image043.jpg

You can see where the adhesive is still stuck to the lamp but its still in the shape of the deflectors, sorry I havent explained that very well but youl see what I mean.

Focus ST
I went to Le Mans in a 182 in 06 and didn't bother with anything for the headlights. A friend took his M3 to BMW so they could adjust the beam, but seemed like a lot of effort to me, plus we didn't drive at night.

They've made a feckin mess off your lenses though eh!?
To be fair some AG tar and bug shifts it, I went to france in april and havent wiped it off yet, you dont have to use those particular brand of sticker, you know where to put them now so you could just use some electricians tape!,Strangley enoungh, Iam off to France again on thursday on a Peugeot European tour of all things so I will just put my new stickers over the old gum.!

I went to Le Mans in a 182 in 06 and didn't bother with anything for the headlights. A friend took his M3 to BMW so they could adjust the beam, but seemed like a lot of effort to me, plus we didn't drive at night.
I remember our family holidays to eurocamp in France during the 80s we had to use beam deflectors and use yellow translucent paint to paint the headlamps with, that was alot of effort.