ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon washers

Anyone else had repeated trouble with them? I rarely use them anyway but...

Last years MOT they failed it on the xenon washers not working - fair enough - a lot of faff and window wipers and scuttle off I had a new pump in.

Que this years MOT tomorrow, in the last week I did a few jobs and fitted 2 new washer jets (pump was last year). With everything else going on and being pushed for time I didnt check they actually both sprayed - tonight I found only one did.

A mix of somehow the new jet being blocked by old dirt in the tube? and the pump intermittently working which has me lost... drivers side sprays every time, passengers was only working now and again, Ive blown all the lines out. I left it with the bumper back on and both working but Im not sure if they will tomorrow. f**king thing.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
It'll be the valve stuck in one direction and moving intermittently.

Try switching the outlets on the pump first and see if the issue is reversed or fixed.

Otherwise pump out, take it apart and cut down the swollen valve.