ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon lights in France

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
As above, off to France next week:D. Do I need any of those stickers on the xenon's to stop them blinding other drivers? Or do they have adjusters like other cars seem to have?

Thanks

Clio 182 BG
blind them, they will hate you but not for blinding but for speaking english:mad:

but do yourself a pleasure DRIVE SLOW, the police is very hard;) was in france last year and was a bit too fast on their highway...had to pay about 570 pound (750€), they took my clio to the police station and i had to pay right off or they said i have to leave it there:eek:

also beware of the grey boxes with yellow top beside the road, they will catch you from behind;)

and don´t put your handbrake on while parking, better will be parking in car park or something else.

320d
I'm sure the French will be fine, if not then does anybody actually care if they're blinded?

Have fun mate.

I put some on mine and ive got HIDs.

Make sure youve got a warning triangle, high-vis jacket, spare bulbs and a gb sticker - the french have a massive hard-on for checking foreigners and dishing out fines if you dont -they are a legal requirement now as well as the headlamp deflectors.

Saying that, i did 3000 miles round europe and never got stopped once.

Clio 172 Cup
I go over to France a couple of times a year and havent bothered switching the lights over, just dont drive at night!

as post above states take all that stuff. In my oppinion of France the police have been very friendly towards foreigners esp when they see the clio sport. Have driven past french traffic police at speeds I wouldnt post on a public forum but have never had any hassle. Been flashed by there fixed cameras many times as well and never heard anything. Prepare the car and check pressures and fluid levels before you go and have fun!

tom

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Got some stickers today (better safe than sorry). Borrowed all the other kit off the old man so all good:). Just have to remember to drive on the wrong side of the road now;).

if at all possible dont take the main A26 out of Calais (its hard not to). The first couple of toll booths absolutely f**k you. I think the first you hit is something like €7 (not bad) but then the same stretch again a few miles down is like €25. Tourist rip off.

It suddenly get smuch cheaper after you get past Lille from memory.

172 Race Car
Leave my headlight stickers on our Peugeot all the time. All it does is flatten the beam out, passes the mot like it.

Not sure about Renault but when I was working at Ford some of them you could pull a leaver on the lamp to swap it over.

Addz

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy, TVR Tamora
i heard that somewhere on the xenons, they can be switched for both sides? i think anyway... :S

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
if at all possible dont take the main A26 out of Calais (its hard not to). The first couple of toll booths absolutely f**k you. I think the first you hit is something like €7 (not bad) but then the same stretch again a few miles down is like €25. Tourist rip off.

It suddenly get smuch cheaper after you get past Lille from memory.

Going to Dunkirk

i heard that somewhere on the xenons, they can be switched for both sides? i think anyway... :S

I know some can switch but not sure the Clio's can?

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
That is inded the case.

Some cars have internal 'shutters' on the back of the headlights which deflect the beam but as far as im aware clios dont have this feature.

Throw some stickers on it and enjoy Dunkerque mate.

Thought so:dapprove: Only meant I'm getting the ferry to Dunkerque, Driving to Chartres from there.