ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xenon bulb blown

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well i've just ordered some 6k because im a chav. (and one of my headlight is more dim than the other)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Has it gone pink or just stopped working?

If it has just stopped working then it could be the ignitor or ballast thats gone rather than the bulb.

Try unplugging the small (think its green) connector for the ignitor which is behind the bulb itself and plugging it in again. If it fix's it then its probably the ignitor thats gone.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
bloody hell, theyre here already. I thought they came as a single bulb and not pairs so i now have two sets..haha

RB 182 FF
Aren't HIDS being phased out/made illegal in the next 12 months, so I've heard?

D.

Hmmm I hope not!!! I love HID's, I think they look super cool and make the car look more upmarket! How could they do this anyway?! So many millions of cars with em on.... I hope the government are going to pay for the replacement headlights if so..!!:-/

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Well these aren't technically hids on the Clio are they? These are just standard replacement.

Anyway, all fitted. Just took the bumper off as its so easy. Did the whole job in 40 mins and couldn't be happier. Much better than the pink the bulbs had gone.

Seat Ibiza
Well these aren't technically hids on the Clio are they? These are just standard replacement.

Anyway, all fitted. Just took the bumper off as its so easy. Did the whole job in 40 mins and couldn't be happier. Much better than the pink the bulbs had gone.

They are HID mate, just the type of bulb it is, High Intensity Discharge. Just a different way of how the bulb works, but they are not the typical HID 10k you get in 106's down McDonalds.

RS172

Hell of a lot easier with the bumper off!