ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

XCOM 2 Xbox One

Willo40

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
Late to the party with this, but it's driving f*cking nuts, it seems so hard, even on Rookie, i sort of get the random side of the shots, but before i can make contact with any resistance the advent bar at the top is pretty much full, i don't mind a challenge but this seem impossible (i appreciate it's not)

Any tips?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
It is definitely a step up in difficulty over the first game - which I’ve played through twice.

The single biggest problem I have with it, is that every round is rushed. You have X amount of turns for a level, or X amount of turns to extract. It ruins the core concept of the game - making turn-based tactical decisions with overwatch and carefully thought out entry points for your team.

It makes no odds if your team has peashooters equipped - or the latest anti-alien weaponry - if you are compelled to finish the round in ten turns flat.

It looks and plays better than the first game, but is severely handicapped by this turn issue. I’ve no interest in pursuing the game if half my team of veterans are ‘wiped out’ by providing rearguard cover on extraction. It should be a game option to be disabled and let the gaming masochists leave it on for an extra challenge.

One of expansions has been met with almost universal distaste. The enemy forces are far too powerful and with stupidly low number of turns in each mission given to your team.