ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox sound system (probably a 2.1 system)

I was at my mates this weekend and he had a 5.1 system connected to his Xbox - really impressed by a separate sound system so looking for one myself. Because of my built in shelves I am only looking for a 2.1 system. Has anyone got any reccomendations? Admittedly I don't know what to look for, what is good etc.

I realise I need an amp etc. I don't need any floor standing speakers either, as these will go into my shelf.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I have the Corsair SP2500 for my desktop. It has 2 inputs on the back of the sub (3.5mm headphone jack and 2xRCA). Also has a 3.5mm input on the remote control for an ipod or anything other temporary.

Depends what inputs you need, I think you can pick them up for £170 now, which will be less than a seperates setup.

If it's just for games/movies and music at normal listening volumes honestly they can't be faulted.

Clio 172 Cup
Logitech systems are perfect gaming setups, been using my Z5500's for about 5 years and have been faultless. They do some tasty 2.1 setups to. Bang for buck as they say. Plenty reviews around on 99% of their gear.

182 Cup
I can't work out how to use my surround sound with my Xbox. Might be being a bit simple, but it's only got an hdmi out on the Xbox and no optical out?

Don't want to be spending 000's, couple of hundred quid will be fine.

That Onkyo system seems a bit small? Does that not effect quality?
Guessing I won't need an amp for that either?
Would it matter if I put the sub to the side of the TV and not dead centre?

Sorry about the questions, always just used built in sound with the TV!

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
It looks small but don't let that put you off - you won't need an amp - its built into the sub which you can put anywhere in theory if you have the right cables.

MK3 GTI golf 16v
small budget i would go for the onkyo set up above, will be fine

if you want a decent set up that will last your life then id recommend what i have:

denon 1910 amp
wharfdale diamond 10.1 speakers all round
wharfdale mx subwoofer

granted it is expensive but my god is it good. connected up my xbox, ps3, sky and tv all to it, runs everything off the amp remote and its amazing sound. never heard a better set up yet