ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

[XBOX/PS4/PC] Dark Souls 3

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I have never played a Dark Souls game... Is this the type of title where I'd need to play the first game before the others?

Tempted to pre order this as well, found it for £35 on XBO which seems decent. Plus the gf is away for a week from next weekend so plenty of free time to chuck at it!

a136b30988626f78227c8d8cd774f6f3.jpg

Went for it in the end, seems like my kind of game and for £35 you can't go wrong. Shame it didn't arrive yesterday as I was off work. Will try fit in a hour or so later!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
Yeah I started this yesterday. I chose a Mercenary as my class, but really struggled against the giant crystal lizard in the first section (which you don't actually have to defeat, but I was being OCD). I restarted and chose a Knight, and got on much better, although I did prefer the move set of the Merc. Meh. Anyway, got to the Wall of Lodeleth (I think) and bed by about 12am.

I died so many times, but as with all the Souls series, the satisfaction of successfully defeating an enemy and finding a bonfire is so rewarding.

It seems much harder than Dark Souls 1 and 2, though.

Having never played a Dark Souls before I started it all completely wrong and found the controls a little unfamiliar. Only played it for 30 mins or so last night and still need to beat the first boss. Died many times. Going to play it tonight for a bit longer and take my time before running to the boss man.

Also, how do you save the game?! Is it only possible by finding a camp and resting?

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
Having never played a Dark Souls before I started it all completely wrong and found the controls a little unfamiliar. Only played it for 30 mins or so last night and still need to beat the first boss. Died many times. Going to play it tonight for a bit longer and take my time before running to the boss man.

Also, how do you save the game?! Is it only possible by finding a camp and resting?

Yes you need to rest at a bon fire to save

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

I've died about 400 times too. So satisfying when you beat a particular stretch of enemies and then the boss.

The link I provided above is great for early tips. If you're knew to it all I suggest starting with the Knight or Warrior class. Strength! :smiley:

It's a massively deep game and lots of things you can do to scale things up including weapons and your entire skill attributes. You spend the souls you retrieve from enemies and chests etc. etc. on upgrading, so whenever you die you lose the souls you've collected, which means going back to the place you died and picking up the green soul collectible on the floor. If you don't pick that up before being killed again, you've lost those forever. I lost 12,000 of them last night!! :(

How are you getting on with it? Feel like I finally get the game, was struggling before and just getting pissed off but learned to take my time and seem to be doing ok now.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
How are you getting on with it? Feel like I finally get the game, was struggling before and just getting pissed off but learned to take my time and seem to be doing ok now.

It's great. Currently at the Cathedral and have died more times than I can even guess at. Currently rocking the Butcher's Knife+3 and Eagle Kite shield (100 physical block). Also got the Irithyll Straight Sword which has Frost infusion as standard, which is excellent.

http://darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/Straight+Swords