ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Xbox 360 from Gameplay

Polo GTi
Anybody ordered the 360 from Gameplay, just got a mail saying I won't be getting one of the first batch, boo hoo

They are a piss take really ordered mine on 18th Aug at 1pm day after the packs were announced, was told people before the 23rd Aug would get one for deff, ah well Asda at midnight it is.

I was thinking the tecsco/asda at midnight plan might be a good idea.

But I went for GTA:SA, got there about 12, and the woman didnt even know what I was talking about, when I explained off she went to get me one!

Hoping the same might happen again! ;)

Monaro VXR
Hoping my student loan arrives so i can get one but at same time i need a new PC and wanna get some stuff done to the car remap new headunit etc. Thinking my loan aint gonna last long at all.

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Yep, got the email today. Bit confusing though, asking you to select games etc when ive already ordered the games i wanted with my original preorder.

cant wait now, got PGR3 and a premium pack on the way. Ive bought a nice hitachi hd plasma a month ago in preparation for this.

Focus ST-2
Don't think tesco's and asda are getting any, someone on here wrote to tesco and they said jan 2006. can't remember thread like!

Yaris Hybrid
I am getting mine at launch and so is my bro. It is hard to remember but I think we ordered between 6 and 7pm on the 17th and I reckon we only just got in.

I wouldn't rate your chances of getting one from a shop on launch day as everyone has overbooked their pre orders and reservations and most likely Asda/Tesco employees/friends will be walking away with them long before they get near a shelf! No doubt there will still be queues at midnight and tw*ts paying £600 to buy one off a market speculator on ebay.

The launch is a bit of a non event and there is no point in Microsoft advertising it as anyone that hasn't already ordered one won't be getting one anyway!

dk

911 GTS Cab
i read that only 50k are coming to the uk compared to 1m to the US, this is pitiful

it is pitiful but when you compare the population of the US vs UK then 1mill vs 50k is put into perspective a bit more ;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
the uk is the third biggest gaming community apparently as it has the worst allocation, the difference is that the US will not sell 1m in the first weekend whereas the UK could sell 5x the allocation it has!

MS has said that everyone who wants one in the US should get one, the PSP launched here sold 185,000 units (a lot of people already had imports too!) in the first weekend, so basically we are getting a raw deal compared to everyone else.

I passed a Woolworths today and they were still advertising 360s with free delivery to your door on launch day. I went inside and enquired (not after one myself, just curious) and they said it wasn't a mistake and they would deliver on December 2nd.

Just for info really, may be worth checking out a Woolies if you are desperate.

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I ordered with amazon on 19th Sept and they still say that i will def get one before 24th (doesnt specify a date - just before 24th).

2 friends have ordered from here - 2nd Oct and 18th Oct and both of theirs say the same.

Any orders after 2nd Nov with be feb 06. So they must have hit their allocation on 1st/2nd Nov by the sounds of it. Not counting my chickens just yet so we will see very soon...

ASDA have put their 360 stuff back on their site now and the games have gone upto £49.97 - ALL OF THEM ! I ordered when they did that 20% offer and got them at £32 each (they were £40 originally) ... think they f*ked up with that one! Just need the 360 to go with them now...

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
I sent them an email yesterday to try and confirm this. I have a 24 hour store just down the road so im tryin to find out if they have been allocated stock for the 2nd.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Aberclio182 said:
Don't think tesco's and asda are getting any, someone on here wrote to tesco and they said jan 2006. can't remember thread like!

Was me, only asked Tesco though.. not sure about Asda.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've just called me local Asda which only opened yesterday. After 5 attempts at learning how to use the phone system I was told to call back later in the week as they don't know for certain if they are selling them or not!! At least I know they won't be taking pre orders.

Dirty E91
They have a demo 360 in the new asda in Bletchley (near MK), they be selling them! Can you really see Tesco missing out?

Lee

BMW M2C
Large branches of woolworths are going to be selling them, but I don't know if they have been taking pre orders or not.

Polo GTi
haha nice one look what I just recieved :approve:

xbox.gif

Polo GTi
dave182 said:

hehe I know was gonna cancel the pre order, glad I didn't now, although I do believe I will get another email Friday time saying, oops sorry we were wrong, no Xbox for you sunny jim.

Clio 182
mauricewt said:
I ordered with amazon on 19th Sept and they still say that i will def get one before 24th (doesnt specify a date - just before 24th).

2 friends have ordered from here - 2nd Oct and 18th Oct and both of theirs say the same.

Any orders after 2nd Nov with be feb 06. So they must have hit their allocation on 1st/2nd Nov by the sounds of it. Not counting my chickens just yet so we will see very soon...

Would be amazing if them estimates are actually true!!! Sooo many times i have been messed around with amazon :(

Golf Mk6 Oil Burner
^^ I will terrorize them on the phone if mates turn up and mine doesnt. Ive been customer with them for years and years aswell - see if it means owt!