ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

WWDC 2011 & iOS5

Facelift R53 Cooper S
Re: WWDC 2011

Doesn't the iOS update normally come a week - 2 weeks before the next iPhone hardware?

Citroen DS3 DSport

I hope iCloud offers more than what he has said so far, Google Sync has been doing that for me anyway

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Hope it doesn't work perfectly like that though. When I download a song I don't necessarily want it to go to every device.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I'm guessing you can choose to auto sync between devices or not.

iTunes and App store content wont be auto sync'd, you have to choose to download it on another device from that special purchased screen they showed.

Rav4

o2, Vodafone and all the other operators are going to be screwed, how the heck are the networks going to cope with the data demand.................

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

o2, Vodafone and all the other operators are going to be screwed, how the heck are the networks going to cope with the data demand.................

Are you actually reading a stream?

Anything data hungry will wait for wifi to sync, unless you want to download it.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

Am I understanding this correctly.

Any songs that I've put onto iTunes via CDs/other downloads won't sync via iCloud unless they're in the iTunes store?

DB.

BMW 440i

Sorry to be simple

£25 a year = You can play your music (Both iTunes purchases AND non iTunes purchases) on any device via signing in?

Sorry to be simple

£25 a year = You can play your music (Both iTunes purchases AND non iTunes purchases) on any device via signing in?

It'll scan your iTunes library and find 'Britney Spears - Toxic' that your "mate" sent you years ago obviously not torrented by you.

iTunes will then say 'Hi. This is in the iTunes store, so it will now be in the iCloud for all your devices'

Ford Kuga Phev

Apple Dev site is down at the moment, cant wait for it to be up and have a go with iOS 5!

AK

M240i

It'll scan your iTunes library and find 'Britney Spears - Toxic' that your "mate" sent you years ago obviously not torrented by you.

iTunes will then say 'Hi. This is in the iTunes store, so it will now be in the iCloud for all your devices'

Do you think if you stop paying the £25 a year it'll cancel Toxic, or it'll keep that but won't add any new ones?

DB.

BMW 440i

Lol, I have never used a torrent. Although there are still a couple of questionable music choices in my playlist! :eek:

Looking forward to this, just the iPhone 5 update now.

Wondering whether it would be worth keeping my current contract going with unlimited data and buying handset only, or changing to a new contract when it comes out. (Not upgrading for other reasons)

Bus w**ker

I'm late to the party, but I've just read through the Keynotes for iOS5 and iCloud and DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYUM! Everything rumoured has appeared and it's frickin' awesome. So many features that I have to jailbreak my phone for are now going to be there as default so I can now, possibly, stop f**king about jailbreaking each release.

Awesome work by Apple. :cool:

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

iPhone 5 will be September at the earliest i guess. Lets assume i'm right. When will they announce the 5? 2 weeks before release?

iPhone 5 will be September at the earliest i guess. Lets assume i'm right. When will they announce the 5? 2 weeks before release?

They'll do an event for iPods in early Sept. So it'll be then. Steve will say iOS5 will be available on Friday. iPhoneX will be available on Next Friday.

Bus w**ker

IIRC they revealed the 4 at the start of June 2010 and released at the end of June. So if you're right then yeah possibly towards the end of September, but I'm expecting March. Verizon have still only had the 4 for a few months and the White only hit the shelves in April. An iPhone 4s is feasible in the mean time I suppose.

Bus w**ker

gallery03.jpg

Second contact down (the group)...yeah Steve and me are tight like that. :rasp:

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

Tabbed web browsing...thank f**k for that.

I never thought I'd ever be someone to look forward to an iOS update, but having watched that video Revels posted, there are a number of features that would be really handy. I'll be ripping the arse out of location reminders. I'm always forgetting to do things when I arrive at places.

Ibiza FR

Anyone else spot Tone Store in the cloud of 200 new features? Finally a chance to distinguish my phone from everyone else's!

Tabbed web browsing...thank f**k for that.

I never thought I'd ever be someone to look forward to an iOS update, but having watched that video Revels posted, there are a number of features that would be really handy. I'll be ripping the arse out of location reminders. I'm always forgetting to do things when I arrive at places.

That's going to be a really handy feature. I'm the opposite though, I always leave and forget things.

The iCloud stuff is good but most of it is just little additions that make the whole thing so much better. It's a system that works perfectly with other parts of the system. It's a bit like Sky+, Sky give you that because they know once you've had it, you won't want to get rid. So many people have iPhones and iPads and having them sync together is lovely. So instead of selling your iPhone because you fancy something with Android, you stay put because of how it all fits together.