ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wtf

2004 182
Sure my 182 just cut out at 100mph and started beeping. I have the engine management light on so could it be some sort of limp mode? Can anybody explain please? Thanks

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Hope you called ADAC. Sounds like you need to take it to the auto krankenhaus

2004 182
It is a diagnostic tool / fault reader for Renaults. The dealers all have it, as do some of the independent traders on here.
Thanks mate. Need it plugging in then. I wondered if the bleep and limiting my speed was a safety thing cos my eml is on, which I thought could just be the post cat 02 sensor

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
It's not a safety thing. I have the EML light on mine and on track I've gone over 100mph and it's never beeped.

My porsche used to do it, as a setting to advise me I was 'pressing on', but not had it in the clio to date.

Get the fault code read, and go from there.

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
It's not a safety thing. I have the EML light on mine and on track I've gone over 100mph and it's never beeped.

My porsche used to do it, as a setting to advise me I was 'pressing on', but not had it in the clio to date.

Get the fault code read, and go from there.
Worse "I've had a Porsche" post. EVER.

;)

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Clio's can have a speed warning beep programmed in using CLIP.

Wouldn't cause an EML mind you.