ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wrote Off My 1.Poo :(

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Make one anyway & get a Mk1 ;)

Make one showing how it was and how it is now :p

and iv been thinking bout it but the only off put is that the pedals are to close together for me i press 2 at a time >.<

Clio 172
u wont get banned, somthing real similar happend to me, im only 19 so seen as a terrorist of the road, worst case scenario it'll go to court and youll get a short ban(30 days max) and all will be forgotten after :)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Much harder posting when in hospital:dead:.
Have you been to hospital to get your neck checked over?

yeah was stuck on the dam stretcher for 3 hours with a pain in the ass neck brace on, all i have is strained neck muscles thankfully but they gonna be sore for like 3 weeks and wont heal fully for 6 >.<

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
u wont get banned, somthing real similar happend to me, im only 19 so seen as a terrorist of the road, worst case scenario it'll go to court and youll get a short ban(30 days max) and all will be forgotten after :)
Lol. Except by the insurance company.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Good job he didn't have one tonight!

Very true, but as they say.........onwards & upwards :cool:

Probably be a good idea to make an appointment at the quacks if you've not been checked over already, Paramedics will tell you to do that anyway

EDIT: 3 hours in a neck brace isn't fun especially if you need a piss

Last edited:
  Clio 197
Glad you are all ok and you all got out with minimum injures, but ffs calm your driving down mate next time you might not be so lucky, you are playing with not just your life but your passengers as well. I don’t mean to dig at you as you probably feel bad enough but I lost a mate who hit a wall and was killed instantly the other week and he was only 23.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Glad you are all ok and you all got out with minimum injures, but ffs calm your driving down mate next time you might not be so lucky, you are playing with not just your life but your passengers as well. I don’t mean to dig at you as you probably feel bad enough but I lost a mate who hit a wall and was killed instantly the other week and he was only 23.

yeah mate i know what you mean iv clamed down alot since i passed my test, and i lost a mate last december he had a head on collision with a taxi killed instantly... :(

Black 197
My dad always told me this especially when i passed at 17

"A car is a coffin on wheels"

Its so true.. Sorry to hear of your accident mate, Feels wierd reading that knowing i was at work and this happened if that makes sense

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
My dad always told me this especially when i passed at 17

"A car is a coffin on wheels"

Its so true.. Sorry to hear of your accident mate, Feels wierd reading that knowing i was at work and this happened if that makes sense

yeah ma dad said the same thing to me and even tells me to be careful before i go out, and yeah tht makes sence

Shhh
I had an accident like this when i was 20 in my old XR2i.

I was going down a dark lane with a 60mph limit, in front of me was a M3, i figured if i caught the M3 up, i could follow it as i did not know the roads.

10mins later, i went rough a LH bend that had gotten far tighter than expected, it was wet & i touched the brakes. The back end came light, and spun around with the car ending up on the grass verge / road. I was lucky as i went side ways through a stone bridge.

This was put down to -

a) The farmer having mud on the road
b) It being wet
c) The mix & match tyres on the car
d) The idiot behind the wheel

I thought i was cool, and i could drive like that. But infact that day taught me alot about driving on roads i dont know.

Experience is everything..

(The police will just want to know what happened - So you were approaching the bend, tapped the brakes and the car came unstuck, you corrected the steering which the car gripped again and you were off into the grass area).

Leon Cupra 300
Unlucky mate...

This really mates me think though when i have kids etc what they'll be like, hopefully by then and they can drive, circa 20yrs from now i'll be able to get hold of a slowish cheap car with tsc/dsc/abs/esr/ttv/etc/etc/etc that you can't turn off! I know it don't defy physics but will certainly help IMO

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Pics of what used to be my clio on the back of our recovery wagon...

bild0621.jpg

bild0620.jpg

bild0622t.jpg

bild0623g.jpg

bild0624.jpg

bild0625.jpg

:nono:

f**k me, really ran out of luck. I feel your pain, when I crashed my clio I knew it was down to driver error and looking at the car after made me feel ill. :(
What doesnt kill you only makes you stronger.

S4 Avant
Very lucky that no one was killed looking at those pictures. I think the fuel filler cap is the only straight bit on the car?!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Glad to see your ok mate, seems the car kept you reasonably safe considering.

Read this proper late last night but I was only on my phone with low battery so didnt reply.

You going to be breaking it? (had to ask)

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Glad to see your ok mate, seems the car kept you reasonably safe considering.

Read this proper late last night but I was only on my phone with low battery so didnt reply.

You going to be breaking it? (had to ask)

yeah im breaking whats left of it lol, thers a post in for sale thread :)

Pics of your sister?

Roffle. Unlucky TBH. I rolled my first ride within three hours of the insurance starting. Live and learn etc.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Unlucky. I know your mate got his collar bone broken, but given it was fully laden and smashed up like you said, these Clios are pretty tough.

Gutted for you. :(

D.

Da

Less
+1 daz, after our journey tday, but i 100% feel safe in ur capable hands, no worries fog , leaves, standing water ect, good to know someone with common sense n a great understanding of their car was a pleasure as allways daz despite the weather.

Cheers Carl. :)
Yeah some crap weather/road conditions we experienced yesteday morning hey!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Unlucky. I know your mate got his collar bone broken, but given it was fully laden and smashed up like you said, these Clios are pretty tough.

Gutted for you. :(

D.

Yeah i was suprised how well the car coped tbh im just glad we all got out alive couldnt care about the car at time..

Astra SRI/ Hornet
You'll get careless driving unless there is sum1 who saw ya driving erratically. Then your in s**t and that's dangerous driving. Just tell them ya were driving normal then ya saw the leaves on the road and ya tried to lose a little speed cos ya new they would be slippy and ya lost it.

Astra SRI/ Hornet
^^^lol. Yeah these clios do hold up well. I well and truley tested my 172 cup. Think yours but 100 times worse. And I'm not exaggerating. Lol

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
In the "Show us your crash pics" Thread, a lot of mark 2's roofs have caved in in exactly the same place! Must be a weak spot.

Clio 1970000000
Glad you are all ok. Amazing just how strong the car is!!!!

Can't see you being done for speeding unless the police measured skids etc but they might try and do you for driving without due care and attention. A few points and a possible ban don't compare to the knowledge you have gained here.

They say it takes 7 years to make a driver. 2 minutes to learn the mechanics of driving and 7 years to read the road.