ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote off a 197 in 30 mins of ownership

RB R27
I didn't crash mines, but the engine did blow after less than 6 hours of having the car lol

It was 2nd hand mind lol

Golf R
so many factors, and sure it could be and possibly was wreckless driving but there is no need to laugh even if the guy was driving bad its a harsh lesson to learn that some never come back from.

where does it say in my post or imply in my post that i'm laughing?

there's a whole thread of laughing yet you pick my one to quote? f*cking odd....

PH1 172 Sport
I went from a 1.4 106 to a 172 and it scared the crap out of me for the first hour of driving. Had a few near misses in it from driving quickly and other drivers just pulling out infront of me not realing how fast im going etc. as i'm sure most people on here have.

Its a shame he had to learn a lesson that way but we all learn from our mistakes. I'm definately allot more of a calmer driver now then I was almost a year ago when I got the car. Power in cars does strange things to people when its still a novelty.

How people on here can laugh at the poor guy I dont know I would say at least 90%+ of people who have ever driven a car have made stupid mistakes and taken unnecessary risks. If he truly did have a 197 then its unfortunate that the cars been written off but as long as he is ok and learns from his mistake then that in my eyes is the main thing.

RB 182 replica
im with phil1978 on this, cant believe some peoples views on here.
i hope the bloke who wrote it off was about 45 years old, and not his fault, then the majority on hear will have to eat their words. you dont know the conditions, or even if hes seriously injured or what! like previous posts say, on that road its easy to hit the ton in a car like that so he could be in a right mess, and all people on here can say is 't**t, nob and what a muppet'.

if you wrote your car off, especaily if it was a brand new 197, posted it up on here and got that response you'd be gutted.
but that mite just be me!

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
There is one glaringly obvious question that hasn't been asked yet and its one that will determine whether the guy was driving stupidly or was just caught out by the boxfresh new car.

Was it wet?