ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wrote off a 197 in 30 mins of ownership

Cro

Meg'd r27
Driving like a gimp is a quick way to ruin a new car if thats the case, feel bad for the carbon diffuser... maybe it made it out ok!

Inferno 182 w/ Recaros ;)
millionaire_idiot_fail.gif

Somebody that is local go and take pics of where it happened...

Plus points for bits of the carbon splitter, blood + the 58 number plate haha

M135i
i might pop up there in about an hour :) its only up t' road from me.

oh dear, Scamden. I used to work there ('shivers')

when he gets his replacement, tell him to go to Wests.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I would say maybe we are being unfair by judging him and assuming he was driving like a nob, but bearing the facts in mind it is difficult to read it any other way. Besides, from what I have seen you have to try very, very hard to crash a 197 as they handle so well.

In between cars....
Always wondered what would happen in that situation, how will the insurance look at it, i mean

Will they replace it with a spanker, 16k new or would he get 13/14k as its technically owned/second hand/left the showroom????

clio 172
i think if the cars under 12 months old you can have your finance settled or they will replace with a brand new car.

thats what my insurers did when somebody set fire to my saxo :D i couldnt thank them enough not the best car ive owned

320d
Oh dear, bit a of tool really. Next time he should buy a 1.2.

or a push bike?

Tbh i feel a bit sorry for him, he must be absolutely gutted. Its not a nice feeling to crash your car, especially if its on the day you get it.

On the other hand crashing was a good thing for me, taught me a valuable lesson and made me a better driver for sure.

M135i
to be honest, you should have respect for any size of car. why would someone say in a 1.2 be a better driver than if they were in a 182. drive to the conditions and you wont go wrong.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I know that road reasonably well (used to have a gf in Wellingborough).. he'd have to be driving like an utter tool to fluff up some of those roundabouts.. doh :p

172 ph1
to be honest, you should have respect for any size of car. why would someone say in a 1.2 be a better driver than if they were in a 182. drive to the conditions and you wont go wrong.

Maybe the most sensible thing I have ever seen posted on this site!!

Haha in all seriousness though I think they should do a better job of teaching people how dangerous a tonne of metal flying about at speed is when people sit their test.

Think everyone gets a wakeup call when they have their first near miss and the problem is cars are so computer assisted these days people don't get the warning signals they used too. My first car was a mark1 1.4RT....no ABS. Remember the first time I locked up trying to go into a corner with too much speed, s**t myself! Just the wake up call I needed.

Formally Clio 182
Maybe he could still have reason to join CS to sell parts if he plans on breaking the 197?

Mustang, S13, AX GT
^for this thread to prove that we'd need to know if he's a young driver 1st tbh. Any driver who thinks he's the dogs b****cks is goin to end up in smashes doesn't matter how old they are...

ST
Because young drivers who think they are the dogs b****cks drivers always end up in bad smashes!
And this thread proves that!!!

Nah you've no real substance there mate sorry...i got my 182 at 20 obviously under 25 and i never had any accidents at all in, only 23 now and have had my R27 just over a year and yet again so far so good...

You can't tar all young drivers with the same brush..