ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Written off :(

Ouch, I was actually doing 25 when I slid though, if I was going faster i would have most likely hit the back end on the first bank and then spun into another one.

When i rolled my Quiky i didn't even think about looking at the speedo i was too busy s**tting bricks. I also crashed it into a bank on a country lane and rolled it.

Nearly 2 years on, i know i was bloody foolish to even make myself believe i was doing 25mph! Everyone called me a liar, and i got all defensive and would not accept i was going faster.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Finally what? Someone else with a differing view to those with which you also disagree with? Wow that's unusual in a debate.

Perhaps if the posts were not laced with comments along the lines of "something on the road" or "unlucky" or "well you drive that road then", then the reactions wouldn't raise an eyebrow. s**t happens. The OP crashed. If there was anything on that road out of the ordinary, I'll s**t in my hat and punch it. End.

There wasn't anything on the road out of the ordinary.

Rain following an extended dry spell conspired to make the roads greasy/slippery. Have you never experienced this yourself?

As for unlucky...unlucky that very little momentum carried him up a bank and allowed the car to slowly topple onto its roof is very unlucky.

Look at the OP and the pic...apart from the front end damage where it went up the bank (as can be seen from the mud all over the NSF tyre wall along with the gouge out of the bank behind) there's little other damage to the car and certainly nothing to suggest anything else other than what the OP said. If there was more speed involved there'd be more damage to the car itself.

Clio 182ff
Broke down to 25mph before corner, let off brakes to turn but still slid.

Yeah its my first car.

Ah well pal, everyone writes off their first car - good lesson learned and all that.

I superchipped my first car, sprayed it Ferrari Red and after two months of ownership, crashed it thru a lamp post and garden wall! :lolup:

Mini Cooper S sport
Shitter after owning the car for two days! As to how fast you were going, who are we to judge? I'd imagine you'd have been injured if you were going faster than you said.

Anyway, bad luck fella.

Rain following an extended dry spell conspired to make the roads greasy/slippery. Have you never experienced this yourself?

This is the situation I dread the most on my bike, because it is fcuking lethal.

In a car I would imagine its a case of slowing down. Never spun a car in that situation. Mind you I never scrimp on tyres.

Jap Box
Look at the OP and the pic...apart from the front end damage where it went up the bank (as can be seen from the mud all over the NSF tyre wall along with the gouge out of the bank behind) there's little other damage to the car and certainly nothing to suggest anything else other than what the OP said. If there was more speed involved there'd be more damage to the car itself.

Thats what pissed me off, there is little of no damage to the car, but the fact it rolled slowly right at the end smashed the windscreen, back window and then wrote it off because it was dragged on the roof.

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
Moral of the story here? For christs sake do not post up pictures/diagrams/an explanation of any accident you may have on this forum unless you know you weren't to blame. i.e stoved up the ass at some traffic lights or something.

Everyone in here is an expert you know......didn't you realise that?:rolleyes:;)

Jap Box
fact

unlucky - bit s**t of the recovery guys - obv they didnt think it would be feasable to repair when weighed up against the value...

Yeah, I doubt they weighed up anything, the one guy just went "that girl in the beemer was smoking hot" then just tied up the car and dragged it.

There wasn't anything on the road out of the ordinary.

As for unlucky...unlucky that very little momentum carried him up a bank and allowed the car to slowly topple onto its roof is very unlucky.

Yes I agree. I can quite imagine it was no faster than 25mph. As for the rest of it, maybe I've been reading a different thread. Perception and all that.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Oiiill oil on the road...

JD-Interview1.jpg

FPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clio campus sport
rear tyres do look a tad too bold thoo to be fair n wet surface + no grippy tyres + mud = makes it snake on a road

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah that's the exact spot.

Yeah hopefully will be, had to pay £130 to get car back from recovery place today :(

Double ouch. As said though - the main thing is you're in one piece and nobody else was involved.

My mate rolled his 3 month old Mazda RX8 at low-ish speed after taking a tight left bend and clipping the inside kerb. He wasn't impressed but could only blame himself at the end of the day.

Jap Box
rear tyres do look a tad too bold thoo to be fair n wet surface + no grippy tyres + mud = makes it snake on a road

Ill have closer look at that when I get car back, if it is them then ill go mental at the seller.

One tyre had a slow puncture in there and he knew that anyway, I was going to get that done the same day this happened.

J

jakm15

such a shame you had lots of plans etc, ooooo well next time slow down you have had zero exp. Could have had a nice little car going there judging off your previous thread

CLICK

Before modifications

sNmTwCW0KGrHqMH-CUEvh46flHBL-tVscG_.gif

After

dsc02460s.gif

Jap Box
such a shame you had lots of plans etc, ooooo well next time slow down you have had zero exp. Could have had a nice little car going there judging off your previous thread

CLICK

Before modifications

sNmTwCW0KGrHqMH-CUEvh46flHBL-tVscG_.gif

After

dsc02460s.gif

I know :( my hope is the roof itself isnt buckled so I can swap parts over from the same colour car. Therefor saving the day :)

120d M Sport
Finally what? Someone else with a differing view to those with which you also disagree with? Wow that's unusual in a debate.

Perhaps if the posts were not laced with comments along the lines of "something on the road" or "unlucky" or "well you drive that road then", then the reactions wouldn't raise an eyebrow. s**t happens. The OP crashed. If there was anything on that road out of the ordinary, I'll s**t in my hat and punch it. End.

I agree, s**t happens and it has here.

My point is it should have been just left at that, the speculating and patronising remarks from some are just unnecessary.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
First day of me driving there was a corner that lead to a T junction, I came bowling around the corner which had wet mud on.

Car slid sideways but luckily, and with no talent (just a lucky dap of random oppo and random acceleration and braking) the car just corrected itself. But I was just clipping the grass, if i got on it more it would have rolled down the bank easy.

I agree, s**t happens and it has here.

My point is it should have been just left at that, the speculating and patronising remarks from some are just unnecessary.

Welcome to real life.

Next week lets all agree to suck eachother off and shower everyone with love and sympathy.

Chav Rocket
That's mighty impressive!

What have you learned from this?

Long periods of dry weather followed by a deluge of rain will always turn the roads to ice rinks as dust, rubber, dirt, mud etc. builds up in the dry and isn't washed away. Then the rain comes and for a few days you have to be careful just about everywhere you go.

Oh, and TPF&T is a false economy.
was wondering when someone would say this. have to be a real muppet to do that bend at even 25mph in those conditions

Not a 320d
Actually i feel sorry for the OP.

Ive been in some sticky situations myself which were abnormal like this one.

However, thanks to my days on Playlystation Gran Turismo 3, i managed to correct my mistakes and ive not yet had a crash. Yet.

dsc02460s.jpg

Last edited:
  bmw e92 330d '09
tbf thats one hell of a progress thread.

but on a more serious note... we've all been there done it and got the proverbial T-shirt

tbh just get up and get on with it... go get something else and come back with it bigger and better than before.

good luck

JD

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
I got a car significantly sideways on some diesel on a round about at 20mph a number of years ago. I was going very slow as there were road signs up the road, but I was still suprised at it. I didn't expect to lose the back end.