ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Written off :(

Jap Box
Well had the car less than two days.

Story to it: Knew the road well and knew this particular corner was horrible so slowed down to 20/25mph. Then lost the back end, tried correcting the slide but it kept going, went up first bank which hit my steering to the left so came down off that on full lock to the left into the second bank, up that and then did a slow roll onto the roof.

Never been so pissed off in my life, police told me there was grease on the road caused by the warm weather and then the sudden rain so I lost grip on that.

Insured 3rd party so im fucked basically, going today/tomorrow to see how much of the car is ruined and seeing if I can swap parts from this clio onto another one of my mates. Think mines ending up as a cat C, still runs but front end is pretty mashed and I assume the roof will be too etc.

Worst part was when recovery came and didn't even turn it over, they just scraped it on its roof to the truck :(

dsc02460s.jpg

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PMSL!

Good effort. Were you ok?

You lost the back end at 25mph?

Oil/Diesel/Plutonium on the road.

DCi 100
Flol @ Recovery just dragging it onto the truck that way!

The corner doesn't look friendly though. Best thing is your alright.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
FPMSL!!! 20-25mph roll...Did everyone else roll too? I smell

[YOUTUBE]RoZ7JXkv6_o[/YOUTUBE]

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've driven cars, many many cars, for 13 years all over the country and in all weather conditions. I have never ever seen a car or indeed been in a car that 'loses the back end' at 20mph! :S

Christ, I even had to provoke a RWD Merc to drift in the snow!!

You sure you're number 1 button isn't broke on your laptop??

Fabia vrs tdi
Were ur shocks ok? My left rear shock is buggered and going round tight bends at 15mph+ it doesn't feel too safe - mot is due in 3 weeks so all getting fixed then.

Least ur safe :)

Jap Box
Looking at the damage tomorrow and seeing how much is wrecked when its on its 4 wheels. Then seeing if I can use parts from it on another clio that needs some work done on it.

Believe it or not, that was at 25mph. If you knew what was behind that corner you would understand how it happened.

EDIT: No idea about the shocks, only had the car two days so I didn't get much checked over.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I have to agree, I nearly lost my old clio at 25/30 mph hitting diesel so slowed right down straight away.

2 Seconds down the road there was a 206 on it's roof in a ditch.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Sell me ur back bumper and boot lid now?! And the clear side repeaters ...:D:D:D

Glad your ok :)

Jap Box
How ironic, the sign in the background ?

Oddly there's not one warning you on the way down, but I did roll just past one of the "welcome to .... please drive carefully" signs.

I have to agree, I nearly lost my old clio at 25/30 mph hitting diesel so slowed right down straight away.

2 Seconds down the road there was a 206 on it's roof in a ditch.

First moment it slid out I knew it was being ditched. Wouldn't stick to the surface and just went up the ditch on right and back down into other one.

PMSL!

I don't think it was oil on the road, I think it was femeninity and lack of talent.

There wasn't oil on the road, I myself have no idea what was on the road. I am a boy, and I agree there would have been a lack of talent but I could hardly do much on a tight S bend.

i believe, you my arse end spun out on me a few weeks back. It Pi$$es you off more when you know you werent speed!

Jap Box
Sell me ur back bumper and boot lid now?! And the clear side repeaters ...:D:D:D

Glad your ok :)

Will see if cars worth getting back, back bumper is cracked as that hit another bank when the back slid out. Boot is fine though, only one side repeater, other one is crushed.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
I lost the back end of mine last year but i was doing 60, i rolled me 4-5 times :dapprove:

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
There wasn't oil on the road, I myself have no idea what was on the road. I am a boy, and I agree there would have been a lack of talent but I could hardly do much on a tight S bend.

Go slower in the conditions? Were your tyres bald? It's clearly pissing it down, 25mph could have been far too fast for that corner in the wet.

Also, is Kerry your first name? Leigh's not going to be happy if it is!

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
Will see if cars worth getting back, back bumper is cracked as that hit another bank when the back slid out. Boot is fine though, only one side repeater, other one is crushed.

:dapprove: Why didnt you sell me these parts hen i first asked... before you crashed :dapprove:

Rusty Cup
ooohh crashing blows glad to hear your ok. lost my back end due to oil/grease on the road to a few years back and wrote off my clio, such a ball ache hope things work out ok for you.

Jap Box
i believe, you my arse end spun out on me a few weeks back. It Pi$$es you off more when you know you werent speed!

Thanks, I know, I will admit I was going too fast the rest of the journey but I made sure to slow down well before this bend because I knew how bad it gets.

Are you going to tell us whats round the corner?

Turns left down a steep hill, then right continuing down the hill then left again to where I am.

No signs to warn you about it on the way down is what is annoying, thankfully I knew anyway because if someone who wasn't familiar with it came to that it would have been a lot worst. They have a huge amount of cars crash on those bends yet they have done nothing about it.

Jap Box
Go slower in the conditions? Were your tyres bald? It's clearly pissing it down, 25mph could have been far too fast for that corner in the wet.

Also, is Kerry your first name? Leigh's not going to be happy if it is!

I know it was too fast, that's how I mashed it. The limit for that corner however is 60.

:dapprove: Why didnt you sell me these parts hen i first asked... before you crashed :dapprove:

Did not expect this :p

Well, at least you tried.

Bad luck btw. s**t happens.

Ha ha, thanks

ooohh crashing blows glad to hear your ok. lost my back end due to oil/grease on the road to a few years back and wrote off my clio, such a ball ache hope things work out ok for you.

Yeah it is, £250 charge for recovery bit me in the ass and £20 extra a day for everyday the cars there. Need to try get it out of there ASAP and get it as the doner vehicle.

dCi 65 + C2 (<Sold)
I know it was too fast, that's how I mashed it. The limit for that corner however is 60.

No, the limit for the road is 60. There isn't different limits just for a certain corners. Clearly you were going too fast, and you've paid the price. Just be thankful you didn't kill someone going the other way. Lesson learned, we hope.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
If ur gna crash them do it right... Mine after i rolled it :dapprove:

bild0620.jpg